3 Dolphin Cottage
About the home
Dolphin Cottage provides self catering accommodation for 2-6 people, a few minutes walk from the tiny harbour which is the hub of this stunningly beautiful and unspoilt fishing village.
It is perfectly situated for trips to Padstow, Polzeath, Rock and Daymer Bay. Tintagel and Boscastle are also a short distance up the coast.. Surfing, watersports and first class golf are all to be found nearby together with superb coastal walking.
It is served by a wealth of excellent restaurants offering locally caught seafood and good pubs all within walking distance.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen provided, please check with the advertiser regarding towels|
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
3 double bedrooms (double, 2 twin rooms)
Lounge with attached dining area
Satellite TV, DVD and video
Kitchen with D/washer, W/machine, T/dryer, F/freezer, M/wave, Elec hob & oven
Fully fitted bathroom inc. shower cubicle
Fully double glazed/ centrally heated
All utilities and bed linen included (no towels)
Further details outdoors:
Patio area with BBQ
Parking for 2 cars (outside property)
Sorry no smoking or pets
1. The contract is deemed to have been made once the Hirer has signed and returned the booking form together with the deposit and we have dispatched a Confirmation of Booking.
2. If the booking is made more than 6 weeks before the holiday is due to start a deposit of 50% of the holiday price is required at the time of booking. The balance of the holiday price is due 6 weeks before the holiday is due to start. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation. You are strongly advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
3. A deposit of £50.00 is required with payment for the holiday to cover any loss from or damage to the property which may be incurred. This is fully refundable a week after the end of the holiday period. We strive to maintain the property to the high standards our guests expect and appreciate your help in return. The Hirer is responsible for the care of the property and its contents during the period of tenancy. Any damages or breakages must be, and at the owner's discretion, paid for. The property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
4. For bookings made within 6 weeks of the holiday start date, full payment is required at time of booking.
5. Lettings commence at 3.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure.
6. Bed linen is provided but towels are NOT provided. For bookings of more than one week, the linen is changed at the end of each week.
7. The cost of electricity and full oil central heating is included in the price.
8. In the event of cancellation, please notify us immediately. If you do not have cancellation insurance, we will try to re-let the property and return your payment less a £20 administration charge per booking week and less any difference in rental income received on re-letting. If we are successful in re-letting the property at the original tariff, all monies will be refunded.
9. The number of people occupying the property must not exceed 6.
10. We regret that pets are not allowed, with no exceptions.
11. We reserve the right to refuse a booking or cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc) for any reason whatsoever, and our liability is limited to a full refund of the monies paid by the Hirer.
12. We shall not be liable to pay the Hirer or any member of his party for any injury, loss or damage to his person or property, however caused.
The West Country / Cornwall region
Port Isaac with a 600 year history is a truly unspoilt, Cornish fishing village as fans of Doc Martin will have seen from its stunning portrayal in the TV series. Slate hung 18th and 19th century cottages snake down to the harbour with its rock pools and crab fishing with a sea front fish market and aquarium sited in the old Pilchard Cellars. The village has a real feeling of community and is becoming renowned for its surprisingly large number of excellent restaurants, many offering local seafood, whilst there are also good pubs, gift shops and a pottery.
The Port Isaac area
There are attractions in close proximity to suit all tastes. Expansive family beaches include Polzeath, famous for its surfing with interesting surf and beachwear shops. Daymer Bay features calmer waters a short walk from St Enodoc church, resting place of Sir John Betjeman. Nearby Rock, also on the Camel estuary, is one of the major watersports centres in Cornwall , offering sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing and canoeing.
The Black Tor ferry crosses the estuary from here to Padstow, visible across the water, with a late night water taxi for serious revellers! Visit here Rick Stein's world famous restaurant in a harbour bustling with craft shops, artists studios and real ale pubs. Visitors can hire bicycles from Padstow and cycle along the Camel Trail cycle route to the town of Wadebridge (where bicycles can also be hired). The journey hugs the shoreline of the estuary and is virtually flat so is excellent for family cycling. The many benches along the route offer the opportunity to stop and enjoy its abundance of wildlife. Pleasure, fishing and bird watching trips are available from Rock and Padstow.
Also in striking distance are Boscastle with its famous witchcraft museum and delightful shops and tea rooms, now restored after the tragic flood in 2004 and Tintagel where the legend of King Arthur and his castle still weaves a spell of mystery and magic. The Eden Project, one of the country's top tourist attractions is a 40 minute drive away featuring thousands of plants and fauna from across the globe.
Other attractions include first class golf at Roserrow and at the world famous course at St Enodoc as well as horse riding in Boscastle. For walkers, the South West Coast Path runs the entire length of north Cornwall and as a designated Area of Outstanding Beauty provides some of the most breathtaking cliff top views in the country.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Contact the advertiser for further details on the best way to reach this property.
Activities near Port Isaac
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
20 Oct 2012
My Husband and I travelled down to Cornwall for a relaxing break and this cottage was perfect for us. It was beautifully decorated and very clean with everything you could hope for in a home from home. It is situated in a prime location for walks and sightseeing and the parking is an absolute bonus. The village of Port Issac is full of good restaurants and pretty (but steep) walks. It was a pleasure to stay here and we hope to return again.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|4 Jan 13||15 Feb 13||£ 350||-||-||3 Nights|
|15 Feb 13||22 Feb 13||£ 425||-||-||3 Nights|
|22 Feb 13||1 Mar 13||£ 350||-||-||3 Nights|
|1 Mar 13||29 Mar 13||£ 375||-||-||3 Nights|
|29 Mar 13||12 Apr 13||£ 495||-||-||3 Nights|
|12 Apr 13||26 Apr 13||£ 435||-||-||6 Nights|
|26 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 475||-||-||6 Nights|
|24 May 13||31 May 13||£ 595||-||-||6 Nights|
|31 May 13||14 Jun 13||£ 545||-||-||6 Nights|
|14 Jun 13||28 Jun 13||£ 590||-||-||6 Nights|
|28 Jun 13||12 Jul 13||£ 650||-||-||6 Nights|
|12 Jul 13||19 Jul 13||£ 700||-||-||6 Nights|
|19 Jul 13||30 Aug 13||£ 800||-||-||6 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2009. This cottage has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in England (21,206)