House | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 14
The Waterhouse ~ luxurious self catering holiday home on the water's edge
If you love sun, sea and peaceful seaside holidays... welcome, friend! Enjoy 180 degree oceans views, exquisite natural beauty and some of the most spectacular sunsets South Africa has to offer in luxurious self catering accommodation right on the waters edge. Watch pods of dolphins swim by in the summer and enjoy the whales who visit us during winter...
• 5 Sea facing bedrooms
• Sleeps 14
• Swimming pool overlooking the ocean
• 50m from the ocean
• Full PVR DSTV, 2 x TV's, 46inch Sony HD television in lounge
• 100% Cotton linen
• 2 En-suite bathrooms & 2 family bathrooms
• Indoor and outdoor braai / bbq areas
• Serviced Mon – Fri (excl public holidays)
• Safe and secure
• Fully equipped
The Waterhouse is located on the shore of the Indian Ocean, in the seaside village of Seaview, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
• 2 - 15 Minute drive to 4 sandy beaches
• 25 km to Port Elizabeth airport
• 12 min drive to Port Elizabeth
• Walking distance to all amenities
2 Queen bedrooms
3 Double bedrooms
Please note that one of the queen bedrooms is in a private upstairs ensuite apartment
All linen is 100% cotton, extra blankets are provided
2 bedrooms are ensuite, 2 family bathrooms
Lounge and Entertainment area ~
Large lounge overlooking the ocean with bar area, indoor braai area and dstv.
Kitchen and dining room ~
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, 2 ovens, etc, granite worktops and large scullery
Dining room table seats 10
Large pool overlooking the Indian Ocean, 2 outside braai areas and tables for al fresco dining
2 ensuite bathrooms
2 family bathrooms
Security and Parking ~
Seaview is an extremely safe holiday destination but for our guests peace of mind ~
Secure off street parking for 4 - 5 cars
Alarm and armed response
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Kini Bay & Beachview 2 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Port Elizabeth Airport 26 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Double beds (5), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
The Eastern Cape region
One of Port Elizabeth's greatest assets is its clean and beautiful beaches. Water temperatures vary between 18 and 21 degrees Celsius during Summer and 14 to 19 degrees Celsius in Winter. We are located a 5 min drive to Maitlands and Beachvew beaches and 15 min drive to Sardinia Bay Beach. They are sandy, unspoilt beaches which go on for miles.
The area is Malaria Free.
Port Elizabeth/Nelson Mandela Bay
• Enjoy great food and wine at one of the City's numerous bars & restaurants or relax on the deck overlooking the ocean at your 'local' Barnacles restaurant (serving excellent seafood and steaks) just 100m walk away. The Elephant Walk restaurant and pub is a 5 min drive away is set in a stunning indigenous gardens serving excellent meals and very cold beers!
• Visitors will be delighted to note that even at the seaside you can enjoy the awe inspiring wildlife of Africa. 73 km from the city is the exclusive, private Shamwari Game Reserve which is home to the "Big Five" of Africa. Early morning and evening game drives are available.
• The Addo Elephant Park is 45 min drive away and is dedicated to the preservation of the Eastern Cape Elephant and the Cape Buffalo.
• Seaview Lion Park shelters various lion cubs of different ages and is 5 min away. It is also currently home to a number of white lion cubs.
• Daily whale watching and sunset cruises run from the PE Harbour - see dolphins, whales, penguins, seals, etc.
• The calm waters and fair breezes are perfect conditions for sailing, and the safe beaches allow for swimming, surfing, body boarding and other water sport all year round.
• Scuba diving enthusiasts can choose form a number of great spots with lots to see, such as ship wrecks, coral reefs and beautifully coloured fish in the warm waters. There are one day courses available as well as boat charters and gear for hire.
• Horse riding on the beach / forest hacks are 10-15 min drive from the house.
• Bayworld Museum Complex is one of the major attractions and consists of museums, Snake Park and Oceanarium.
• Boardwalk Casino is 30 min away.
• Golf: All the courses below are within a 30 min drive
Sardinia Bay Golf course is only a 15 min drive.
Port Elizabeth Golf Course: commonly known as "The Hill", was founded in 1890 and is one of South Africa's oldest golf clubs. Humewood has hosted the South African Amateur 9 times and the South African Open 4 times.
Walmer Country Club: The course is situated in the leafy suburb of Walmer in Port Elizabeth, on the road to the seaside village of Schoenmarkerskop. The front nine holes of the course are the most challenging and fairways, set in thick indigenous bush, run predominantly in westerly or easterly directions.
• Historical attractions include the Donkin Heritage trail, which allows the visitor to follow in the footsteps of the 1820 Settlers on their journey of discovery and settlement. This 5 km trail visits 47 historical sites and architectural delights in the Old Hill area of central PE.
• Within the city there are some beautiful parks with well landscaped gardens: St Georges Park, which covers 73 hectares and is home to the world famous Port Elizabeth Cricket Club, Prince Alfred's Guard Memorial and the 1882 Victorian Pearson Conservatory. The other Park being the 54 hectare Settler
• For the visitor wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth is the perfect complement to the Garden Route, Settler Hinterland, Wild Coast, Sunshine Coast and Cape. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City.
• Distances from PE:
260 km Knysna
800km Cape Town.
73 km to the exclusive Shamwari Game Reserve.
80km to Jeffrey's Bay
90km to St Franscis
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
18 Mar 2014
I loved this house, beautiful views, spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. It's a great vacation rental house for a group of people as there are 5 rooms and 4 bathrooms. The pool was sparkly and beautiful. The house is right on the beach (although it's not really a swimming beach or easy to walk on, there are rocks everywhere). It's about 20km outside of port elizabeth, and an easy drive.
Would highly recommend this. The service was great too - helpful, responsive and not intrusive.
16 Jan 2014
"Great destination, great house"
Had a perfect holiday at the Waterhouse, beautiful house with plenty of space for everyone. Woke up to dolphins, swam in the pool and enjoyed the braai and separate fire pit!
Practical and well stocked kitchen with good dining area for eating in, good local pub (Barnacles) too when we couldn't be bothered to cook. Location was brilliant with countryside feel though only a short drive into PE. Good local Spar too for all the groceries.
Loved it, will be coming back!