About the home
- Villa Sophia offers luxury accommodation for those looking to get away and experience life in a traditional cypriot village. It is ideally situated in the Akamas region which houses the National Park of Cyprus. Providing excellent opportunities for Walking and Cycling.
-Whatever you are looking for it is within easy reach of the villa. The village supermarkets and tavernas are an easy 5minute stroll along quite windy village streets, where you will be warmly greeted by the locals. The local coffee shop is traditional, with the men of the village busy playing back gammon and watching the world go by.
Alternatively a 10 minute drive will take you to Latchi and Polis, Latchi has a great harbour and fish restaurants as well as a shingly beach, whilst polis offers cobbled streets and an atmosphere of it's own in the square, where you can sit and enjoy a meal in on of the many restaurants. If a sandy beach is more your style a 15 minute absolutely breathtaking views drive will bring you to Coral bay and the sandy beaches of Coral Bay and Corallia Beach .
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Polis / Latchi, 10km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 6 bathrooms of which 3 family bathrooms and 3 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
- Villa Sophia has 3 double bedroom, each with it's own full bathroom which includes WC, Bath and shower .
- Full Satellite TV, all UK Channels available
- X-Box available on request
- Tastefully furnished to offer a home from home
- Full linen and towel change for guests staying for a two week period.
Further details outdoors:
- Villa Sophia enjoys a great view, where you can enjoy alfresco dining by the pool.
- BBQ is fully functional and operates as a Rotisserie Style, powered by electric, this means you can watch the meat cooking whilst laying on a nearby sunbed, sipping your pre-dinner drink or reading a book!!
-Fully enclosed area around the whole villa, safe for children.
- Private pool which is cleaned for you during your stay
- Beach / Pool towels provided
- Ample seating, sunbeds and chairs for all guests
- Welcome Pack on arrival
- English speaking Villa Managers contactable locally for any queries
- Strictly no smoking inside the property - outside acceptable
- Booking Deposit of 25% is payable on booking, with balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- A refundable damages deposit of £150.00 is payable with final balance. This deposit will be returned within 14 days of departure from Villa Sophia, deductions will be made for damages should any arise.
The Paphos region
Cyprus is fortunate enought to have one of the most agreeable climates in Europe, with 11 out of 12 months a year enjoying brilliant sunshine!
Feel the romance in the air in the land where Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty once roamed. Swim in the sea by the rocks known as Petra tou Romiou where she was believed to have risen from the waves, make a pilgrimage to her sanctuary at Kouklia, or visit the grotto near Polis where she was supposed to have bathed.
Paphos Town has a pleasant harbour and medieval fort, combines a cosmopolitan holiday resort, spectacular countryside and historical sites. The region offers the possibility of combining sea and mountains as well as getting a taste of culture with it's many archaeological sites.
There are many activities available from playing a round of golf at a premier golf resort, indulging in sea sport, such as swimming, diving or sailing.
The Polis / Drouseia area
The Polis area offers you the experience of a back to basics lifestyle, sit in one of the tavernas in the square and watch the world go by! Nearby is the pretty seaside town of Latchi. A stroll along the quayside is particularly recommended, as are the numerous fish restaurants that overlook the water. Polis and Latchi are much smaller towns than cosmopolitan Paphos and have both retained their rustic charm.
The Baths of Aphrodite are situated just outside Latchi , this is a natural grotto with pool and tiny waterfall , where , according to legend, Aphrodite regularly bathed whilst she lived on the island. It's free to gain entry too!!
The Akamas Penninsular is an area of natural wilderness with dramatic coastlines and sandy coves. Visit one of the last Mediterranean nesting grounds for the green and loggerhead turtles on the sandy beaches of Lara. Or walk along one of the many scenic nature trails spotting rare endemic plants that grow there, or watching migrating birds fly by overhead. Or take a boat trip along the spectacular coastline of what forms Aphrodites playground.
Drouseia itself is a peaceful hilltop village where you will experience traditional cypriot life. It offers a complete get away from it all location, with a friendly warm welcome from the locals, whose family run Taverna's offer a great experience of traditional food at village prices!. The village coffee shop is traditional with the cypriot men playing back gammon and watching the world go by. The supermarkets are well stocked, however Polis has a large supermarket as an alternative.
Drouseias hilltop location means that it benefits from purer air than the coastal areas and therefore is excellent for anyone who suffers from hayfever or asthma. It is in an excellent position to reach Paphos, Coral Bay, Polis and Latchi, which are all a short distance by car. The car journey offers spectacular, breathtaking scenery too.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- Fly to Paphos - Drouseia is 27km from the airport
- Easyjet, first choice,British Airways,Cyprus Airways,XL,thomsonfly - all offer good deals.
- Car Hire can be arranged locally via Katranis.car.rentals.@cytanet.com.cy - when enquiring make sure they know you are to be staying at Villa Sophia, Drouseia. ( Owners can arrange as part of holiday package ).
-Car hire also available at airport - Avis, Hertz.
- Taxi transfer also available with prior notice - cost approx £45
Activities near Polis
Tennis in town
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
15 Jul 2011
we have stayed at villa sophia 3 times at different times of the year and what a beautiful villa to stay in. every single thing you need to make it a pleasant stay. owners bev and dave extremely... more
Thank you for your wonderful review of Villa Sophia, it has been a pleasure to welcome you to Villa Sophia and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!,
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|1 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jul 13||1 Aug 13||£ 650||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Aug 13||1 Sep 13||£ 850||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 550||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Nov 13||1 Dec 13||£ 400||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
A refundable damages deposit of £150.00 is payable with the final balance. This will be returned within 14 days following departure from Villa Sophia and deductions will only be made for damages should they arise.
Air-conditioning can be purchased at an additional cost of £10 per day. Air-conditioning can be purchased from Villa Managers during your stay. Central Heating is charged at £30.00 per weekEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
Dave & Beverly Maund
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.