About the home
This luxury top floor loft style flat is on the waterfront with easy access to Plymouth, Dartmoor, South Devon coastline and a short trip across the Tamar to Cornwall. Very spacious 2 bed/2 bath120 m2/1300 sq.ft accommodation with a great sense of space and light due to the double height vaulted roof with exposed roof trusses and glass skylights in the living room. Study area with sofa bed and privacy screen. All the main rooms have the same fantastic view.
Located in the award winning historic Royal William Yard which has been carefully restored and converted to luxury apartments. Original oak floors, exposed limestone & granite walls and cast iron roof structure but with all modern conveniences. Full central heating included so comfortable any time of year. Wireless internet access included as well as a desk, office chair and printer.
There are 7 restaurants now open in the Yard in near by buildings (but far enough away not to disturb you) - Hugh Fearnley's River Cottage, Wagamama, Las Iguanas, Seco Lounge, Prezzo, Le Pierre Bistrot, Le Vignoble (wine bar) and the Town Mill Bakery plus Jolly Jacks at the Mayflower Marina opposite is worth a try. The Artillery Tower restaurant is also nearby and is highly recommended for special occassions.
Devonport dockyard is nearby so there are often Royal Navy ships passing by. Princess Yachts are close by as well as the Mayflower marina so there are numerous yachts & motorboats coming and going as well as the regular Cremyl ferry to add extra interest to the maritime views.
PLEASE NOTE NO PARTIES OR LOUD MUSIC ALLOWED.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Whitsand, Freathy, 12km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 100m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for over 5s only|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace|
Further details indoors:
- free WiFi broadband internet access
- King size bed in the master bedroom with en suite bathroom (note there is no door separating the en suite)
- 2 single beds in the second bedroom, 21" LCD HD TV and Playstation2/DVD player and games
- large fitted wardrobes and bedside tables with clock radios in both bedrooms
- sofa bed in the lounge/dining room in a separate recess from the main living area with privacy screen (note there are no blinds on the roof skylights)
- 2 leather recliner sofas plus 2 leather recliner armchairs and footstools
- 37" plasma HD TV with Freeview+ recorder, multi-region Blu-Ray/DVD player & selection of DVDs
- Nintendo Wii with games which can also be used for internet access & BBC iPlayer
- iPod dock, CD player & radio, binoculars to watch the passing ships
- 2 large bathrooms each with a bath and overbath shower
- large designer glass dining table, 6 chairs and coffee table
- double opening doors to a small balcony with the original cargo loading doors
- fully equipped modern fitted kitchen plus utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- central heating and constant hot water available
- desk & office chair with USB printer (bring your own laptop)
Further details outdoors:
- onsite security
- allocated off-road parking for 1 car adjacent to property, additional weekly permit can be purchased for 2nd car
- additional visitors parking available but this is pay & display
- cycle store (requires security code which will be provided on request)
- boat moorings available within the adjacent marina basin (£3.1 per m/day) or the Mayflower Marina (£2.93 per m/day)
- salt water paddling pool approx 1/4 mile
- indoor swimming & leisure pool at Plymough Pavilions approx 2 miles
- salt water swimming pool/Lido on Plymouth Hoe open in the summer season approx 3 miles
- Cinema & Theatre approx 2 miles at PL1 2SW/2TR
- Nearest golf course at Staddon Heights PL9 9SP approx 6 miles, http://www.staddonheightsgolf.co.uk/
- Dry ski slope approx 6 miles at PL6 8LQ
- no smoking
- on 2nd floor without a lift so not suitable for elderly or infirm
- not equipped for young children but I'm happy to discuss individual circumstances
- Sorry but no smoking, no pets and no hen or stag parties or groups of students. No music/loud noise allowed.
The West Country / Devon region
Plymouth is a City steeped in history, and It has been the home to Colonial Adventurers such as Drake & Darwin and is the place where the Pilgrim Fathers departed from.
Since then Plymouth has grown into a cosmopolitian city where an extrodinary blend of modern city chic meets with this historic seafaring port. There are several places of interest including The Hoe, The Mayflower Steps and The Barbican. You can also expect to find all the modern attractions of a thriving city including great shopping, fine restaurants, excellent theatres and a vibrant night life.
Although there are no beaches in Plymouth, there are many spectacular beaches within a short drive of the City. Here is a selection of the best beaches within the area: Bigbury, Salcombe & Slapton sands in South Devon and Whitsand and Looe just over the Tamar in Cornwall. There are also smaller beaches close by at Bovisand and Wembury. Alternatively, if you do fancy a dip without leaving Plymouth, why not visit the historic Tinside Lido, the open air seawater pool which has been restored to its former glory. It is built in stunning Art Deco style and is situated on the Hoe. The pool is open during summer months.
The Plymouth / Royal William Yard area
The former victualling yard on the banks of the River Tamar was once the supply stores for the Royal Navy, ensuring the ships had sufficient stocks of food and drink. The yard was designed by eminent Victorian engineer Sir John Rennie and was built between 1825 and 1835 and is now a scheduled ancient monument.
It now includes a restaurant as well as an hourly passenger ferry service to/from the Barbican during the summer months (1st May to 30th September in 2011).
Mount Edgcumbe country park is just on the opposite bank of the river Tamar with a frequent passenger ferry connection. There are several National Trust properties with beautiful gardens in the local area - Saltram House, Antony House, Cotehele and Buckland Abbey.
Plymouth itself has the National Marine Aquarium, a large leisure pool, ice rink & event/concert centre at Plymouth Pavilions, the Theatre Royal, cinemas, bowling and a dry ski slope. There are nearby golf courses and for the brave there's the UK's longest zip wire and hovercraft driving at Adrenalin Quarry near Liskeard, PL14 3PJ about a 40minute drive away.
The world famous Eden project is only 40 miles away by car.
Links for additional information about the site and the area:
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- take M5 to Exeter and then 45 minutes via A38 dual carriageway to Plymouth
- closest mainline station in Plymouth central (2 miles) with frequent buses and taxis
- regional airports in Plymouth & Exeter or major airports at London Heathrow, Gatwick or Stanstead
- Brittany ferries to Plymouth, <1 mile away
Activities near Plymouth
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
27 Jan 2013
Booking was simple and straightforward. Jo who welcomed me ran me through the appartment and how things worked which was great and she also gave some ideas for eating out which was helpful. Within a couple of hundred metres there are 3 restaurants and a gourmet Wine Shop. Dining at River Cottage was a delight as the menu changes daily and everything is delicious and their in-house deli is a joy. A great base for visiting Plymouth and the surrounding area. Whilst visiting Plymouth a trip to the Barbican area is a must and a tour around Plymouth gin is interesting not to mention a G&T as part of the entrance fee. All in all a lovely relaxing break, staying in this appartment is so much more than just having a base, you really love your time in as well as out.
Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes we enjoyed the Plymouth Gin tour too! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and will pass on your thanks to Jo.
12 Nov 2012
Everything about the appartment was lovely and the location is brilliant.
Communications with the owner was quick, professional and helpful.
Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
21 Oct 2012
Admiral's view was situated in a fantastic spot overlooking the sea. It was fascinating watching the passing parade of vessels.
A very comfortable apartment, more like a home than holiday house. Had everyhting we needed, was well equiped.
The owner was excellent to deal with, he responded immediately to any email and we made to feel very welcome.
A high recommendation for a stay in Plymouth
Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our holiday home comfortable and well equipped. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Christmas & New Year||22 Dec 12||6 Jan 13||£ 700||£ 140||£ 175||3 Nights|
|6 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 400||£ 80||£ 100||3 Nights|
|Feb half term||16 Feb 13||24 Feb 13||£ 500||£ 100||£ 125||3 Nights|
|24 Feb 13||23 Mar 13||£ 450||£ 90||£ 110||3 Nights|
|23 Mar 13||30 Mar 13||£ 500||£ 100||£ 125||3 Nights|
|Easter holidays||30 Mar 13||14 Apr 13||£ 600||£ 120||£ 150||3 Nights|
|14 Apr 13||25 May 13||£ 500||£ 100||£ 125||3 Nights|
|May half term||25 May 13||2 Jun 13||£ 695||-||-||1 Week|
|2 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 550||£ 110||£ 140||3 Nights|
|29 Jun 13||6 Jul 13||£ 600||£ 120||£ 150||3 Nights|
|6 Jul 13||27 Jul 13||£ 650||£ 130||£ 160||3 Nights|
|School summer holidays||27 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 795||-||-||1 Week|
|31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 600||£ 120||£ 150||3 Nights|
|28 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||£ 500||£ 100||£ 125||3 Nights|
|October half-term||26 Oct 13||3 Nov 13||£ 550||£ 110||£ 140||3 Nights|
|3 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 450||£ 90||£ 110||3 Nights|
|Christmas||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 700||£ 140||£ 175||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday and Saturday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- fully inclusive of cleaning, linen, towels, heating, electricity & internet access. No hidden extras!
- discounts given for 2 week bookings, 10% off the price for the 2nd week.
- flexible changeover day but Saturday to Saturday weekly bookings preferred in the school holidays but please enquire
- the nightly rates apply for a min of 3 nights. For 4 or 5 nights, additional weekdays will be charged at 50% of the nightly rate, weekend nights & bank holidays always at full price.
- 6 nights are charged at the weekly rate but early/late checkin/checkout where possible
- payment via bank transfer or UK bank cheque preferred, credit/debit cards via Paypal also accepted.
- 1/3 non-refundable deposit and the remaining balance due 30 days before arrival
- a security deposit of Ã?Â£250 required which will be refunded normally within 1 week of departure. Please rest assured that this deposit is just a precaution, no unreasonable deductions will be made.
- discounts given for longer stays, please enquire.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This apartment has received 16 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in England (21,205)