Pisa countryside holiday home rental with pool
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Now in its 14th successful year of operation, La Lucertola offers guests the opportunity to relax in some of the most beautiful Tuscan countryside immaginable. Enjoy a well-appointed, comfortable and spacious house, newly re decorated, with a beautiful colour scheme, interior designed. Fully equipped and proper sized kitchen, separate and ample lounge space. There are two ample bedrooms with balconies offering views as far as the eye can see. The house enjoys 2 good sized bathrooms, one with a bath and both with shower. This is a super house in which one would happily live all year round. The view has a real wow factor - uninterrupted views over olive grove, forest, field, Pisa in the midground including a clear view of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Mediterranean Sea beyond.
Enjoy the large sun terrace, gardens and outside space. Eat under the pergolas, sit out under the stars at night, watch the fireflies and listen to the sounds of nature. Make your own pizzas using freely available cut and seasoned olive wood. Bliss!
The house is cool in the summer and warm and cosy in the colder months thanks to full central heating and of course a fabulous log fire. Feel good about this choice of holiday - this is an eco friendly destination: the house is powered by solar panels and the water comes from a natural spring - you drink it, bathe in it and swim in it - wonderful! The swimming pool zone is newly extended and offers decking and extensive lounging space around the lovely pool. You can also help yourselves to seasonal fruit and veg from the allotments - fresh off the plant - delicious!
The helpful and friendly owners live in a separate property on the land. Should you need any tips about where to eat, places to see or any other advice to help you make the most of your stay, they are delighted to help and speak English, Italian, French, some German and Spanish.
There is another property to rent on this site, please contact the owner for further details.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Marina Di Vecchiano 10 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa 10 km, Nearest railway: Ripafratta 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- The house is big, on two floors and measures 110m2 and can accommodate up to 7 people at no extra charge.
- Ground floor offering good sized and fully equipped kitchen with dining room table and 6 chairs.
- The house has a fireplace in the kitchen making it a most convivial room.
- Upstairs the house has 2 spacious bedrooms. These can be configured as either singles or doubles. The house also has foldaway beds and can be supplied with cots, high chairs and stair gates at no extra cost.
- Upstairs there are 2 bathrooms, one general to the house, with bath, WC, Bidet, basin and shower. The other is ensuite to the master bedroom with shower, WC, basin and bidet and balcony.
- The bedrooms all have lovely windows overlooking breathtaking views including the world famous Leaning Tower.
- The furniture in the house is of the highest quality.
|Further details outdoors|
- Ample sun terrace with flower borders including bougainvillaea, scented white jasmine, lavender and Mediterranean herbs
- Good quality garden furniture, shade pergola, sun loungers, recliners, table and chairs in front of the house.
- Secure out-of-ground swimming pool with views to infinity.
- Spacious pool area with decking, loungers, table and chairs and shade gazebo build from wood.
- Allotments where guests can pick tomatoes, salad, courgettes etc.
- Fruit trees where guests can pick peaches and pears
- Terraced olive grove where guests can take a walk, sit down under the shade of an olive tree with a book and picnic.
- Great walking country with clearly signposted trails in the hills above the houses.
- Great views of The Leaning Tower
- Pool open from early May to mid October
- Owners speak Italian, French, German, Spanish and English
- Puccini Annual Opera festival is held in July and August
- A shop can be organised for guests with notice and shopping list provided to us, A receipt for payment will be provided with goods upon arrival.
The following can also be arranged:
- Cookery courses at home,
- Cycle hire from Lucca (15 minus away) with beautiful and extensive cycle paths along the River Serchio,
- Canoeing and/or rafting on the nearby River Serchio
- Guided Day-Tours around Tuscany
The Tuscany region
In the heart of central Italy lies Tuscany, one of the worlds favourite holiday destinations. Visually stunning with verdant, undulating hills, sprinkled with farmhouses and Cyprus trees this region, famous for its art and gastronomic delights is the most thermal in all of Italy. The beauty of Florence on its own would give you good enough reason to visit Tuscany were it not also for Pisa, with her Leaning Tower, Chianti with its famous vineyards and perfectly preserved Siena with the famous Palio horse races held twice a year. Tuscany has over 300km of coastline with miles of golden sandy beaches fringed with fragrant Pinewood forest. Just off the coast lays the Tuscan Archipelago National Park, a collection of islands which present a popular holiday spot.
A breathtakingly beautiful landscape of mountains, hills and coast and blessed with an almost perfect Mediterranean climate. Cool and sunny in the winter, the right amount of rain in the spring and autumn and hot summers give this region a rich and varied agricultural output. This leads to a fabulous cuisine and of course a wonderful restaurant culture. Good food and wine are central to Tuscan identity and almost all towns and villages have an annual festival celebrating their local specialities.
La Lucertola is perfectly located for making the most of the glories of Tuscany.
Pisa – with her world famous Leaning Tower is 20 minutes away and can be clearly seen from the farmhouses.
Lucca – with her immaculate medieval centre and exquisite boutiques is a 15 minute drive away.
Florence – with its wealth of art treasures is about 50 miles away.
The house is supplied with a map to help you find the numerous walking trails in the vicinity. Other activities include:
Our good friends Erica and Lella will come to the farmhouse and spend time with you showing you some of the 'tricks of the trade' to Tuscan Cooking
Canoeing & Rafting:
The beautiful River Serchio is a stone's throw from us and day outings for people of all ages and level of abilities can be arranged
The relatively wild beach of Marina di Vecchiano is only 8 miles away. The more rocky beaches, ideal for snorkelling are just south of Livorno less than an hour away.
The wooded maritime nature reserve of San Rossore is just 20 minutes away
Bikes can be easily hired at reasonable rates from Lucca.
From the farmhouses one can see: buzzards, hawks, doves, swallows, wood pigeons, montague's harrier, kestrel, tawny owl, chiffchaff, stonechat, goldfinch, greenfinch, serin, redwing, hoopoe, warbler, blackcap, golden oriole and firecrests.
Torre del Lago – ideal for bird watching and also home of the summer Puccini Music Festival is about 5 miles away.
Pisa is world famous for its iconic Leaning Tower dating back to the 12th century and the simply stunning Piazza Dei Miracoli.
Pisa has it's annual festival in June with the famous Luminara night on the third Friday. On this night the town gives itself over to candlelight, fireworks, fun and all night party
San Giuliano Terme is famous for being the home of Percy and Mary Shelley between 1819 and 1821. It is also rightly famous for it's wonderful thermal spa baths - go on treat yourselves!
San Giuliano Terme has its annual cultural festival in September.
Nearby here is a castle above the village of Ripafratta - famous as used as a set in the film An English Patient.
Other nearby gems include:
Vinci ( as in Leonardo Da Vinci) with it's excellent castle museum
Montecarlo Di Lucca - famous for it's fine wines and olive oil - great place for decent lunch!
Viareggio - Famous and fabulous nearby beach resort
Versilia - Championship golf course
Torre Del Lago - International Puccini Opera Festival in July and August.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
19 Nov 2014
"Very relaxing location, with stunning views overlooking Pisa"
Would definately recommend if you are looking for a relaxing holiday in a tranquil settings, but only a short drive to Pisa and an hour to Florence. Also had a cookery class and made fresh pasta, with three sauces and homemade tiramisu, the food was fantastic. Great hosts who leave you to it but are in hand if you need any advice or help.
18 Jan 2014
"beautiful, relaxing and picturesque"
Our family of four (2 daughters 9 and 11) travelled to Italy from Australia on our first overseas trip. La Lucertola exceeded our expectations with it's beautiful surroundings and relaxing atmosp… More
21 Aug 2013
"A stunning location"
The owners Colin and Luisa were very helpful and friendly.The property is tastefully decorated with plenty of room (Family of 5)The house has a pizza oven which gave us much fun,and tables and chairs … More
28 Jul 2013
"Superb location, excellent facilities to meet family needs - accommodating and friendly proprietors."
We had a fantastic stay here at La Lucertola. We are a family of six with four children ranging from 12-19. The accommodation met all our expectations; from flexible living to wonderful cooking experiences with the clay oven. This secluded farmhouse perches on the hillside giving out reaching views encompassing Pisa and beyond, even our active family stopped to admire the views. The train station is a short distance drive with easing parking which allows direct access to Pisa Centrale from which Venice, Rome and Florence can be reached within a few hours. We enjoyed our stay here very much and look forward to our return next year, where we are going to visit Abetone Ski Resort. Thank you very much for a memorable experience Luisa, Colin and Max.
26 Jun 2013
We were looking for a quiet relaxing holiday with easy access to local sights and this property fitted the bill. Having stayed a couple of days in Pisa, La Lucertola was a restful retreat with beautiful views, lovely weather and comfortable accommodation.
The access road is a bit daunting first time but easier with practice and worth it .
Visited Lucca twice, only about twenty min driving, and no problems parking lots to see and plenty of eateries for all budgets
Owners, Colin and Louisa very helpful and on hand for any problems, house well equipped, beds comfortable and for me the garden produce and abundance of fresh herbs made cooking fun.. Didn't try the pizza oven as was 35+ degrees all week and couldn't bear to light it but olive wood BBQ very good.
We all enjoyed our holiday and would go back
12 Apr 2013
"Great owners, great place, great views!"
I booked this trip at very late notice and was really happy with professionalism of the owners. The place has two cosy farm houses next to one another and the views are amazing. The weather in April was pleasant and although it rained on one day, fear not, the rising mist in the morning is incredible to watch when the sun comes up...
Nearby Pisa, Florernce and Lucca are great to drive to. The local supermarkets offer really fresh produce - we took advantage of that cooked some great food indoors.
Highly recommended and we'd love to go back in the summer time
24 Sep 2012
A rustic farmhouse with fabulous views of the plain of Pisa. We could see the leaning tower from the terrace! Convenient situation for visiting Lucca and Pisa and also an attractive part of the coa… More
4 Sep 2012
"Fabulous, just fabulous"
The downside first: the road up to La Lucertola requires good tyres and some nerve. It's a bit hairy, with sharply angled bends all the way up and the road is a tad bumpy here and there. But it … More
4 Sep 2012
What a lovely place to stay in, peaceful, relaxing, with fantastic views. You can see as far as Corsica (on a clear day). You can even see the Tower of Pisa from the bedroom windows. The farm house wa… More
20 Aug 2012
"A rustic cottage with stunning views and all the basics."
1) Views are spectacular
2) Location to Pisa, Lucca and beaches was excellent..
3) Very friendly and helpful hosts with good tips of what to visit and where to eat.
4) Whilst the kitchen and lounge area were functional they could not be described as luxurious
5) Disappointed that we could not 'order in' local Italian cuisine as advertised on the website - we'd hoped to do that lots!
6) In August take lots of mosquito spray or you will be eaten alive!
7) Pool and pool area was adequate - But having just spent the previous week in Volterra and paid far less (- £300) for a superior property/pool area this was disappointing, particuarly with young children .
8) Air conditioning would vastly improve the experience in the 40 degree heat of August - fans provided were noisy and just moved the warm air around!
9) Be prepared for the 'exciting' drive up to the property via gravel track and hair-pin bends!
You're booking with
La Lucertola S.
- 5 Years listed
86% Response rate
Calendar last updated:20 Nov 2014
Based in Italy
- Visit site
- 1203 properties
- 261 properties
- 234 properties
- 201 properties
- 96 properties
- 86 properties
- 25 properties
- Ponte a Moriano
- 24 properties
- 18 properties
- 18 properties
- Torre del Lago Puccini
- 17 properties
- Colline Lucchesi
- 13 properties
- San Leonardo in Treponzio
- 11 properties
- San Ginese di Compito
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- Colle di Compito
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Sant'Andrea di Compito
- 7 properties
- Castelvecchio di Compito
- 6 properties