Farmhouse | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Now in it's 12th successful year of operation, La Lucertola offers guests the opportunity to relax in some of the most beautiful Tuscan countryside imaginable. This is an eco-friendly holiday with hot water and electricity supplied by solar power. Enjoy a well-appointed, comfortable and spacious house. Fully equipped and proper sized kitchen, separate and ample lounge space. Each bedroom has a balcony offering views as far as the eye can see. 2 good sized bathrooms one with bath and both with shower. The house offers two wonderful bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom. The rooms are spacious, cool, equipped with fans and the furniture is high quality. This is a house in which one could happily live all year round.
Enjoy the large sun terrace, gardens and outside space. Eat under the pergolas, sit out under the stars at night, watch the fireflies and listen to the sounds of nature. Make your own pizzas using freely available cut and seasoned olive wood. Bliss!
The house is cool in the summer and cosy in the colder months. Feel good about this choice of holiday - this is an eco friendly destination: The house is powered by solar panels, the water comes from a natural spring - you drink it, bathe in it and swim in it - wonderful! Help yourselves to seasonal fruit and veg from the allotments.
The helpful and friendly owners live in a separate property on the land. Should you need any tips about where to eat, places to see or any other advice to help you make the most of your stay, they are delighted to help.
There is another property to rent on this site, please contact the owner for further details.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Marina Di Vecchiano 12 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa 10 km, Nearest railway: Ripafratta 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- The house is big, on two floors and measures 120m2 and can accommodate up to 7 people at no extra charge.
- Ground floor offering good sized and fully equipped kitchen with dining room table and 6 chairs.
- The house has a fireplace in the kitchen making it a most convivial room.
- Upstairs the house has 2 spacious and airy bedrooms. These can be configured as either singles or doubles. - The house also has foldaway beds and can be supplied with cots, high chairs and stair gates at no extra cost.
- Upstairs there are 2 bathrooms, one general to the house, with bath, WC, Bidet, basin and shower. The other is en suite to the master bedroom with shower, WC, basin and bidet and balcony!
- The bedrooms all have lovely windows overlooking breathtaking views including the world famous Leaning Tower
- The furniture in the house is of the highest quality.
|Further details outdoors|
- Ample sun terrace with flower borders including bougainvillaea, scented white jasmine, lavender and Mediterranean herbs
- Good quality garden furniture, shade pergola, sun loungers, recliners, table and chairs in front of the house.
- Secure out-of-ground swimming pool with views to infinity.
- Spacious pool area with loungers, table and chairs and giant shade umbrella
- Allotments where guests can pick tomatoes, salad, courgettes etc.
- Fruit trees where guests can pick peaches and pears
- Terraced olive grove where guests can take a walk, sit down under the shade of an olive tree with a book and picnic.
- Great walking country with clearly signposted trails in the hills above the houses.
- Great views of The Leaning Tower
- Pool open from early May to mid October
- Owners speak Italian, French, German, Spanish and English
- Bike hire available from Lucca - 15 minutes away by car
- Puccini Annual Opera festival is held in July and August
- A shop can be organised for guests with notice and shopping list provided to us, A receipt for payment will be provided with goods upon arrival.
Activities such as cookery courses, cycling, canoeing, rafting ( http://www.aguaraja.com/home/homeen-1 website of a good friend of ours ) etc can be arranged
The Tuscany region
In the heart of central Italy lies Tuscany, one of the worlds favourite holiday destinations. Visually stunning with verdant, undulating hills, sprinkled with farmhouses and Cyprus trees this region, famous for its art and gastronomic delights is the most thermal in all of Italy. The beauty of Florence on its own would give you good enough reason to visit Tuscany were it not also for Pisa, with her Leaning Tower, Chianti with its famous vineyards and perfectly preserved Siena with the famous Palio horse races held twice a year. Tuscany has over 300km of coastline with miles of golden sandy beaches fringed with fragrant Pinewood forest. Just off the coast lays the Tuscan Archipelago National Park, a collection of islands which present a popular holiday spot.
A breathtakingly beautiful landscape of mountains, hills and coast and blessed with an almost perfect Mediterranean climate. Cool and sunny in the winter, the right amount of rain in the spring and autumn and hot summers give this region a rich and varied agricultural output. This leads to a fabulous cuisine and of course a wonderful restaurant culture. Good food and wine are central to Tuscan identity and almost all towns and villages have an annual festival celebrating their local specialities.
La Lucertola is perfectly located for making the most of the glories of Tuscany.
Pisa – with her world famous Leaning Tower is 20 minutes away and can be clearly seen from the farmhouses.
Lucca – with her immaculate medieval centre and exquisite boutiques is a 15 minute drive away.
Florence – with its wealth of art treasures is about 50 miles away.
The house is supplied with a map to help you find the numerous walking trails in the vicinity. Other activities include:
Our good friends Erica and Lella will come to the farmhouse and spend time with you showing you some of the 'tricks of the trade' to Tuscan Cooking
Canoeing & Rafting:
The beautiful River Serchio is a stone's throw from us and day outings for people of all ages and level of abilities can be arranged
The relatively wild beach of Marina di Vecchiano is only 8 miles away. The more rocky beaches, ideal for snorkelling are just south of Livorno less than an hour away.
The wooded maritime nature reserve of San Rossore is just 20 minutes away
Bikes can be easily hired at reasonable rates from Lucca.
From the farmhouses one can see: buzzards, hawks, doves, swallows, wood pigeons, montague's harrier, kestrel, tawny owl, chiffchaff, stonechat, goldfinch, greenfinch, serin, redwing, hoopoe, warbler, blackcap, golden oriole and firecrests.
Torre del Lago – ideal for bird watching and also home of the summer Puccini Music Festival is about 5 miles away.
Pisa is world famous for its iconic Leaning Tower dating back to the 12th century and the simply stunning Piazza Dei Miracoli.
Pisa has it's annual festival in June with the famous Luminara night on the third Friday. On this night the town gives itself over to candlelight, fireworks, fun and all night party
San Giuliano Terme is famous for being the home of Percy and Mary Shelley between 1819 and 1821. It is also rightly famous for it's wonderful thermal spa baths - go on treat yourselves!
San Giuliano Terme has its annual cultural festival in September.
Nearby here is a castle above the village of Ripafratta - famous as used as a set in the film An English Patient.
Other nearby gems include:
Vinci ( as in Leonardo Da Vinci) with it's excellent castle museum
Montecarlo Di Lucca - famous for it's fine wines and olive oil - great place for decent lunch!
Viareggio - Famous and fabulous nearby beach resort
Versilia - Championship golf course
Torre Del Lago - International Puccini Opera Festival in July and August