from £90 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Prian Apartment Ana is a two bedroom air-conditioned property located in the heart of Piran's charming Venetian old town, close to the waterfront and nearest beaches. Apartment Ana offers spacious accommodation in a newly renovated tradtional Piran townhouse. The ground floor has a storage room, twin single bedroom and bathroom. The first floor has an open plan kitchen / dining area. The top floor has a toilet and double bedroom that opens onto a large terrace with retractable awaning, outdoor table, chairs, sun loungers and outdoor shower. This rooftop level overlooks Tartini Square. Piran itself is packed with historic buildings, charming squares, great places to eat and drink & a wide range of places to enjoy the warm Adriatic waters. A few kms from Piran are the bustling family resorts of Portotroz & Izola which offer a wide range tourist facilities. Inland lies picturesque wine growing country & attractions such as world famous caves at Postojna, golf & the historic Lippizaner stud at Lipica. Slovenia's charming capital Ljubljana is an easy day trip as are trips into Italy & Croatia.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Piran 300 m|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Trieste Airport (Italy) 40km - Ljubljana Brnik Air 80 km, Nearest railway: Koper 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Slovenian Istria region
Apartment Ana is located in the heart of Piran's charming Venetian old town overlooking beautiful Tartini Square and just metres from the historical Cloister of the Franciscan Monastery; said to have the best accoustics of any building in Slovenia. Piran is undoubtedly one of Slovenia's premier attractions & its most beautiful coastal town - a beautiful medieval Venetian town on a peninsula jutting out into the Adriatic, packed with historic buildings, charming squares, great places to eat and drink & a wide range of places to enjoy the warm Adriatic waters. A few kms from Piran are the bustling family resorts of Portotroz & the charming seaside town of Izola which offer a wide range of things to do. Inland lies picturesque wine growing country (mainly growing a delicious red grape variety unique to Slovenia - Refosk) & attractions such as world famous caves at Postojna, golf & the historic Lippizaner stud at Lipica. Slovenia's charming capital Ljubljana is just 90 minutes drive and day trips into Trieste & Venice in Italy or Croatia's beautiful Istrian coast are easily possible. A fantastic place to be based for a family or romantic break on the Adriatic.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
13 Jul 2014
"Everything is great about this Apt"
The apt is wonderfull, once you get there. It is true about the long climb up. Not suited for older or if you have problems walking, otherwise: it is totally worth it. There is a fancy shower with wac… More
28 May 2014
When we initially contacted Think Slovenia about this apt, we were given a price for our 2 day stay. That price was increased the next day. We were initially unable to get onto the Think Slovenia we… More
We would like to respond by saying
- There was a problem with a price being misquoted by 20 EUR. The mistake was noticed quickly and the guests informed with an apology for the mistake. This was a human error and happened BEFORE the guests had made any payment / commitment to rent, so they had every opportunity to change their minds if they wanted.
- There was a technical problem with our site once when the guests wanted to access it, but we are not alone in having occasional server downtime, which is completely out of our control.
- Regarding the final payment, a balance reminder was sent to the guest 22 days before arrival with no reminder required by the guest. This was partly due to public holidays (Easter) falling around the payment deadline of 30 days.
- regarding the steps / climb to the property on our website it states
PLEASE NOTE: Steep staircase up to the apartment and unprotected "floating staircase" to the top level may not be suitable for young children.
Our website also clearly states that the property is on 3 floors in the description of the accommodation.
We have never had any comments from any previous guests about this being a problem and most guests appreciate that in order to offer the wonderful view across Tartini square the property is clearly going to be in an elevated position (this elevated position is clearly shown on a number of pictures on our site).
- regarding the washing machine, something was indeed lost in translation between the guests and the owners resolving the problem, which is not uncommon when translating between languages, but the problem was handled in a friendly and efficient manner and was resolved.
- regarding the relationship with Think Slovenia / the owner - Think Slovenia are responsible for the bookings and the owner is responsible for managing problems during the stay which is why the question about the washing machine was forwarded to the owner.
- the owner's usual local housekeeper was indeed out of town unexpectedly (which is why his son showed the guests to the apartment). Regarding bags, the property is not a hotel but a private holiday home rental without a reception / 24 hour staffing and whose owners are not based in the building. Guests should expect to take their own luggage up to the property and the owners may not be able to offer them assistance with this which is not unusual in an independent self catering property. Likewise as a self-catering property there are not provisions provided in the property and the guests have to bring their own supplies / food which are easily and cheaply available from a convenience store very close by.
- regarding the bag of sugar mistakenly left in a cupboard we have passed this to the owners / cleaners and apologise for this oversight on their behalf.
We have taken the comments on board and apologise for any inconvenience to the guests but do feel that these items are all relatively minor and the review focuses exclusively on negative points not on the very many positives about a fantastic apartment in a wonderful position. To rate the quality of the facilities / amenities of this property with 2 stars shows that this is not a very balanced review.
25 Sep 2013
"One word: WOW!"
This new decorated house is absolutely awesome!
It is equipped with all you'll need for a successful vacation at Piran. It has a large balcony with a large view on the Piran's bay and the main square - it's location is just brilliant, really in the heart of the old town.
We spend 4 beautiful nights in it and we are happy we did so!
You're booking with
Dan Bendall (Property Manager Think Slovenia, TS1 d.o.o.)
- 6 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:11 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 240 properties
- 183 properties
- Province of Trieste
- 89 properties
- Slovenian Istria
- 85 properties
- 45 properties
- 38 properties
- 37 properties
- 35 properties
- 35 properties
- Cervar Porat
- 25 properties
- 24 properties
- 21 properties
- 18 properties
- Lucia - Portoroz
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Grado CittÃ Giardino
- 7 properties