Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Lovely old farmhouse including two apartments, each sleeping 4 to 6 guests, with swimming pool (10x6m)
In a majestic setting, high on the hillside above the small town of Piobbico in northern Marche, Casa Sonia is wonderfully immersed in the natural greenery of Marche.
This carefully converted grand old farmhouse has its own outdoor swimming pool, which like the house itself, offers marvellous views over the surrounding countryside, including the splendid Monte Nerone massif and a good part of the Apennine mountain range.
- Entry to Apartment Tulipano is from a covered external staircase leading to a covered first floor terrace. The front door opens into a spacious hall. The apartment sleeps 6 guests in three well-appointed bedrooms, there is a fully equipped kitchen, including an electric oven, gas hob and fridge-freezer. A round archway leads to the large separate dining room. The apartment also has two bathrooms
- Both apartments have central heating and have been restored to a high standard and decorated and furnished simply yet thoughtfully
- Entrance to each apartment is private
- The owners of Casa Sonia also manage a working organic farm in the area, which means locally made wine and local organic foods are available to guests. Farm tours with hands-on experience, cooking classes, mushroom and truffle picking, wine tasting and visits to local wine producers and guided visits are also offered for no extra charge
- Jacuzzi, swimming pool and fully equipped fitness room
- Log fireplace, external wood oven and barbecue
- Television room
- Wash room with washing machine
- Table tennis and other games
- Outside dog kennel
Casa Sonia is located near Piobbico,
in the Marche region of Italy
* Please note, low season prices do not cover Xmas, New Year or Easter.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire|
|General||Central heating, TV, Table tennis|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3)|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
The Marche/Abruzzo region
Situated close to the borders with Tuscany, Umbria and Emilia-Romagna, Casa Sonia is an ideal place from which to explore central Italy, with Perugia, Bologna, Florence and Rome all within three hours drive.
Yet there is also much to see and do closer to home. Just 20 miles away is the wonderful university town of Urbino, the birthplace of Raphael and the home of the Palazzo Ducale, an architectural masterpiece which houses Le Marche's most important museum, the Galleria nazionale delle Marche.
An hour to the north lies the landlocked state of San Marino, home to the famous Grand Prix and a marvel of small streets and turreted walkways, offering rich history and fine views over Marche and Emilia-Romagna at seemingly every turn.
And the beautiful beaches of the Adriatic Coast are easily reached within half an hour, with the famous coastal resort of Rimini and the romantic coved beaches below Monte Conero also within easy driving distance.
Only five minutes away by car, Piobbico itself boasts the historic Brancaleoni Palace, which dates from the thirteenth century. And throughout the summer the town stages various events, including a polenta fete, a mushroom exhibition, a wine festival, a medieval pageant and even its very own Ugly Competition, which draws competitors from across Italy and has been featured by BBC television.