from £36 /night help
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Typical village, Whitewashed alleys with bouganvilla, and scented jasmine. local bakers,butchers and tavernas with delicious Cretan food.
Only five minutes drive to beach, and Adelianos Kampos, with supermarkets,and wide selection of local tavernas and restaurants.
Short drive to local historical sites, gorges and magnificent walks. or visit the old town of Rethymnon ten minutes away, for history, culture, music, sightseeing or fine dining.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Adelianos Kampos 2 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Heraklion/Chania 75 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
Traditionally built stone house, solar powered hot water, fully fitted kitchen with modern fan oven and halogen hob.
double bedroom with balcony.
small bedroom with large solid bunk beds. ( suitable for adults, but please note may not suit a couple )
|Further details outdoors|
Private courtyard garden with large stone BBQ
large courtyard with pergola, and village church at side of property.
Church only used on special occasions and particularly the week of 15th august, for the Assumption.
Complimentary welcome pack provided on arrival.
owner available locally for any advice or help.
The Rethymnon Prefecture region
Crete is the perfect holiday destination, something for everyone, an island of contrasts, harbour towns with venetian houses and great restaurants, rustic villages with wonderful hospitality and simple delicious local food.
Famous archaeological sites of Knossos, Phaistos, and Malia.
from Beaches and nightclubs, for the young at heart to the varied landscape of Mountains and gorges, olive and citrus trees, for wonderful walks.
January to March , wild weather with snow on the mountains,April and May are warm and fresh with flowers everywhere.June, july and august are hot and sunny, september, october and november the island cools down with a second flowering, before the gales and snow begins again.
* Pigi is a traditional Cretan village, whitewashed walls and alleys with jasmine and bouganvilla.
* Visit Coula and collect fresh bread baked in the oak smoked oven in her house.
* Sit under the jacaranda tree in the village square and sample Marias local dish of the day,
* Feels like stepping back in time, away from the hustle and bustle, but only five to ten minutes drive will take you to a variety of restaurants, tavernas, and supermarkets.
* The local town of Rethymnon where there is always something of interest, museums, wine festival in summer, renaissonce drama and arts in autumn, carnival in february. local market every thursday in the town centre,. The lovely harbour and fish restaurants, or more traditional food in the old town with live bouzouki music.
* Take the top road from the village and visit the lovely old Arkadi Monastery , The amari valley, wonderful scenery and interesting villages to explore, all with a warm welcome and usually a glass of the local raki.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
5 Nov 2014
"the right place"
Allthought we had some diffuclties finding the place due to roadworks on the "highway"once we found the place we knew this was a place for us.Travelling with two boys that are 12 and 16 year… More
20 Aug 2014
"Delightful Cretan House with all the home comforts"
Lovely Cretan House in the heart of the village of Pigi on the north coast of Crete. Ideally situated to explore the Western/central area of Crete. Use of a hire car is advised. The owner, Agnes R… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:10 Dec 2014
Based in Greece
Credit cards accepted
- 651 properties
- Chania Prefecture
- 628 properties
- Rethymnon Prefecture
- 592 properties
- 529 properties
- Heraklion Prefecture
- 242 properties
- 170 properties
- Akrotiri, Crete-old
- 42 properties
- Kalives, Crete-old
- 27 properties
- 19 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- Kato Valsamonero-old
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- Agia Paraskevi, Crete-old
- 6 properties
- 6 properties