The Farm Cottage
from £183 /night help
Cottage | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 6
- An immaculate period country cottage perfect for entertaining family and friends
- Expansive sunlit rooms, reflecting the origins of their rural location
- Stunning views over the undulating Kentish countryside
- Start the day with breakfast in the sun on the glorious al fresco dining terrace
- Only 10 minutes drive from the cathedral city of Canterbury, perfectly situated for exploring the whole county
- Easy access to the Kent coast
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Whitstable 15 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Gatwick 110 km, Nearest railway: Chartham 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (5), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
-Style: Sumptuous furnishings, period features and discreet mod-cons combine to create an elegant airy atmosphere.
- Bedrooms and Bathrooms: The Master bedroom has an impressive king-size iron four-poster bed with high spec en suite. Both the Floral twin bedroom with its French flavour and the White twin with its sunlit aspect have easy access to the family en-suite. Downstairs there is another lavatory and a single room, affording lovely views over the garden.
- For relaxation: Skip up to see the horses nibbling in the nearby meadow, or take some time out with a good book and a glass or something cold under the terrace parasol.
- Practicalities: There is a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer, ironing board and iron.
|Further details outdoors|
With its large BBQ, the Cottage's beautiful outdoor dining terrace, surrounded by lavender and Spring bluebells, is perfect for entertainment. For walking-enthusiasts there are some beautiful pathways through woodland glades and surrounding pasture – with some convenient country Inns dotted along the way!
Ample private parking is provided for up to 6 cars.
Arrival time from 4.00pm onwards.
Departure time at 10.00am.
The Kent region
Kent is known the 'Garden of England' for the quality of its homegrown produce. Voted one of travel guide Frommers' Top 12 places to visit in the world in 2011, thanks to our miles of unspoiled coastline and off the beaten track destinations, Kent makes for the perfect rural retreat.
Explore the historic cathedral city of Canterbury, with its theaters, art galleries and great restaurants. Whitstable offers a great day out for families. Under 30 minutes drive from Petham by car, Whitstable boasts beautiful beaches, vintage shopping and the famous Wheelers Oyster Bar, where you can feast on local seafood, fresh off the boats. Chartwell, Winston Churchill's home, and Leeds Castle are also within easy reach, as is Margate, with its impressive Turner Contemporary art gallery. Golfing enthusiasts will love Kent's award winning courses at Sandwich and North Foreland.
The local station, Chartham, is on the High Speed Rail Link to London. With a direct link to Stratford International, we are perfectly positioned to visit the London 2012 Olympics. Kent also has great transport links to mainland Europe, making it a perfect starting point for a visit to England or abroad.
The area has much to offer with thriving local villages and historic pubs. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there are some wonderful footpaths to explore, while for riding enthusiasts there are 3 nearby equestrian centres and lots of unspoiled bridleways.
Further afield is the historic city of Canterbury, with its quirky vintage shops, art galleries and diverse mix of restaurants and cafes. At the end of a busy day, enjoy ethereal evensong echoing through the ancient cathedral, performed every weekday at 5.30pm, see www.canterbury-cathedral.org/events/services for details. Or go for a punt along the River Stour, past the city's mediaeval walls and gatehouses - find out more at www.canterburypunting.co.uk.
Find out more about what Canterbury has to offer at www.canterbury.co.uk
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
Calendar last updated:16 Nov 2014
Credit cards accepted
- 1171 properties
- 184 properties
- 123 properties
- 111 properties
- Ashford, Kent-old
- 77 properties
- 71 properties
- 53 properties
- 46 properties
- 44 properties
- New Romney-old
- 34 properties
- 29 properties
- 28 properties
- 23 properties
- 20 properties
- Isle of Sheppey-old
- 19 properties
- Romney Marsh-old
- 18 properties
- 11 properties
- Herne Bay-old
- 9 properties
- Hythe, Kent-old
- 7 properties
- 6 properties