The Priory - Romantic Tuscany
Cottage | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 7
The Priory is a lovely large independent cottage set in a peaceful and secluded castle of Lanciole, a small medieval village in Tuscany, located in a quiet area between the Lucca and the Florence, called Pesciatina's Switzerland because is a patchwork of medieval villages one in front of the other and green land with wonderful views and surroundings, made by chestnuts, olive trees and vineyards, famous for porcini mushrooms and many other specialties, wild boars, beans, olive oil, chestnuts flour.
Renowned for its friendly atmosphere with the warmest of welcomes, this 800 year old one-time the bishop house, now has every modern convenience and yet retains the charm and features of the past time. The Vicarage has been providing quality accommodation setting in an area considered for many guests a real jem, for his calm and tranquillity and because nothing is changed and the life here is like to make a step back in the past.
In the courtyard in the back of the Priory you will find, BBQ, garden furniture to enjoy our beautiful countryside and weather, eat al fresco or simply relaxing, reading, working, breathing our pure air.
One km away, for the guests is available privately a pool Jacuzzi, with place to seat and enjoy the whirlpool and swim set in a private park in a peaceful location.
The Priory has character having been restored to re-inforce its Mediaeval origins by retention of its original woodwork and fireplace, careful choice of fittings, furnishings and décor and collection of several antique rinascimental artifacts. However, all modern conveniences have been installed, from good water supplies, central heating, kitchen equipment, washing machine and dish washer bed linen, towels and ancillaries so that you need to bring no more than your clothes and your food and drink.
Despite that the house has 6 bedrooms, are accepted a maximum of 7 people/week in the cottage giving to all the guests the comfort and space also in the common rooms as the kitchen and the living rooms.
The rate are based on two people setting in low season, please check for the extra for any people added till a maximum of 7.
During the period permitted from the Italian law, the heating will be on 10 hours a day the daily rate/forfait is euro 15.
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Viareggio 58 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa 50 km, Nearest railway: Pescia 13 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Tuscany region
Walk from Lanciole
· Head up the hill, past the 'Circule', past the Garage ('Joyau' container outside), past the cemetery
· At a bend in the road there is a left turning (just after a small area planted with holly bushes) - turn left here
· You will come to a small farm, keep going (do not take the turning on the right at the farm)
· Proceed along the lane and you will come to Sorano
· Pretty, hilltop village (med size)
o Church tower - currently being restored
Uzzano (Near Pescia)
· Lots of Olive groves & farms in this area
· Large, expensive houses on the road from Vellano to Macchino
· Vellano to Macchion road has good panoramic views over the plain towards Montecarlo
· Wine region with vineyards where you can purchase wine direct
· Nice bar/restaurant with panoramic views ABOVE the village
· Woodland Park with small fish lake
· Antonini Macchia restaurant/bar (near the lake) - very rustic and good, nice atmosphere
o You can buy snacks at lunchtime (e.g. panini and parma ham), ice creams etc
o Small church in the woods nearby
· Mountain restaurant on a farm - excellent food (all home produced), genuine place. 22 Euros for a set meal incl wine - many courses … so starve beforehand!
· Large 'mountain style' village
o Lovely church
o Panoramic views
· Higher 'mountain' town
o More shops & supermarket
o Garage on the road to Piteglio (right turn) off main road - right hand side of road
· Most unspoilt hamlet ever!
· Good views
· Incredible mountainside town
· Very steep
· Amazing views
· Fort on the tope of the hill above the village. Bear left and upwards
o Amazing location for a picnic
o Downside is a quarry nearby, but this can't be seen from the village
· Easy to get to by train from Pescia (English speaking at the station)
· There is another station further down the line at Borgo a Buggiano (on 435 road from Pescia to Montecatinin Terme) with car parking adjacent (which does not appear to be used much) - not sure how easy it would be to get a ticket there though
In Pescia you can parking in any road close to the train station or if you think that you could come back before 9 pm, you can leave your car in the Esselunga supermarket parking, that is free, but at 9 pm will be closed until the morning after.
· When you buy your train ticket you must put it in the 'Yellow Machine' (to the left when standing at the ticket counter). This clips your ticket and validates it - if you don't and the ticket collect sees you haven't you can be fined 40 Euros!
· 7.5 Euros return (approx)
· 1 hour journey (approx)
· The train comes from Lucca and we had to cross the bridge to catch it
· Get off at 'Firenze SMT' - not 'Firenze Affreido(?Firenze Rifredi) the earlier stop
· You can buy a streetmap (1 Euro) in the Tourist Info shop in the station
· In the station head left to 'Uscita', then down the stairs on the right to the subway.
o .In the subway there are
§ Toilets - 60cents you pay to an attendant
§ Internet café - but you must have your passport with you to use it.
§ Variety of small shops
§ The subway forks - head straight on (right-ish) and you will come up another set of stairs close to all the sights
Lucca - (well worth a visit)
· A roman-mediaeval town - majority of it still intact within the old city wall
· City walls are lined with trees and you can walk (or hire a bike) and cycle/walk around the whole of the city (over 4km)
· 6 gates/doors into the city centre
· The old city (within city walls), outside the walls is a 'green belt' with a stream and then beyond this a 'ring road', beyond this is the 'new' suburbs of the city
· When driving (although you can go by train from Pescia) follow signs to 'Centro' and when you see the 'green belt' and walls find somewhere to park and walk into the old city.
· Palazzo Ducale
· Piazza San Michele
· Pallzzo Guinigi (tower with trees on top) - you can climb to the top for 3 Euros
· Via dei Fosssi (part from Madonna Dello Stellarion to Villa Buinvisi probably the nicest) - not as impressive as envisaged
· L'Anfiteatro (v lovely)
· San Frediano
· Palazzo Pfanner (good view of this from the walls)
· Duomo di San Martino
The house is located in the beautiful and tranquil hills of Pescia Switzerland . Car hire is a great way of seeing the area, and going to the major sights in Tuscany. However, some of our past guests have preferred to take a more relaxed holiday / vacation by allowing someone else to worry about Italian driving, “driving on the wrong side of the road”, finding their way around, parking in the busy tourist areas, and the general cost of car hire. When only using the hire car for 2 or 3 days per week can be very expensive, plus the fuel and motorway tolls.
Therefore, we offer the following day excursions, and also collection and return to the local airports of Pisa and Firenze ( Florence ). We will have a car waiting to collect you when you arrive, take you to your accommodation, and then you can choose to have as many sightseeing days and relaxation days at the house as you wish. If you want we can also arrange to carry you to the supermarket or buy for you and carry home what do you need and want once a day.
We are conventioned with Grotta Giusti Spa, and we can offer a discount to access to their services and their thermal pool, open all year around at 35°.
Special events can be organized with us, as air baloons, birthdays in a farm, theatre or concerts tickets and pick up, museums fast pass, day in a farm, anniversary, Valentine's dinner, cooking class, day to the golf, just let us know in time and it will be a pleasure to plan your desires.
Spaces are limited as we make all the tours in small numbers, so you have individual treatment and not herded onto and off coaches. However, we therefore recommend early booking of all airport collections and excursions to avoid disappointment.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
90% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 93 properties
- 71 properties
- Bagni di Lucca
- 62 properties
- 51 properties
- 34 properties
- Montecatini Terme
- 33 properties
- 31 properties
- 30 properties
- Coreglia Antelminelli
- 27 properties
- Serravalle Pistoiese
- 21 properties
- Monsummano Terme
- 15 properties
- Borgo a Mozzano
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- Ponte a Moriano
- 11 properties
- San Gennaro
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Colline Lucchesi
- 6 properties
- San Marcello Pistoiese
- 6 properties
- 6 properties