Chateau de Sioraque
About the home
The magnificent Chateau de Sioraque, in a dominant position overlooking the Isle river valley, dates back to 1550. The Chateau de Sioraque is set in its own 40 acres of grounds and offers six bedrooms and six bathrooms, all luxuriously decorated, and an alarmed private swimming pool.
Inside the Chateau de Sioraque you will enjoy the craftsmanship of those who built it. A monumental fireplace dating back to the 17th century dominates the dining room; ancient wood panelling covers the living room, the entry hall and the dining room, and the wallpaper carrying the initials of the Beupoil family still elegantly adorns the living room. The house features huge exposed oak beams covered in intricate plaster work, mosaics, delightful parquets, 5m (15ft) ceilings, fireplaces, and stone walls and floors; an ancient theme that has only improved in appearance with time.
Between the towns of "La Roche" and "Gravelle" lies the village where the Chateau de Sioraque is situated. On top of a hill next to a beautiful park, one can oversee the village, the river Isle, and the foliage of Antoniac from the terrace. The village was previously owned by the Chateau, hence the similar building construction. The farmers used to be given dwelling and food in exchange for their labour.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 10km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Games room, Satellite TV|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||6 Bedrooms, 6 bathrooms of which 6 en suites|
|Furniture:||Double beds (6), Dining seating for 12|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Shared tennis court on site|
Further details indoors:
The chateau offers six bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms spaciously distributed throughout three floors, covering an area of over 1000sq/m. Three cots are also available at the chateau.
Ground floor: - Fully equipped kitchen (with dishwasher, large double-door refrigerator, microwave oven, induction cooking top, electric oven, toaster, electric coffee maker). Large Kitchen table. Pots, pans, dishware, glasses and cutlery are provided.
- Laundry room fitted with washer and dryer.
- Half bathroom.
- Office with internet access.
- Large formal dining room with Renaissance fireplace.
- Two living rooms, one with TV, CD player, DVD.
- Bedroom 1: 30sqm, en suite bathroom with shower hydro-masage.
First floor: - Billiard room.
- Bedroom 2: 20sq m, 1 double bed (full/queen), en suite bathroom with hydro-massage shower.
- Bedroom 3: 30sq m, 1 double bed (full/queen), bathroom with Jacuzzi.
- Bedroom 4: 50sq m, 1 king size bed, bathroom with Jacuzzi.
- Bedroom 5: 80sq m, 1 king size bed, bathroom with Jacuzzi.
Second Floor: - Bedroom 6: 80sq m, 1 king size bed, en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi.
- High quality bath and bed linen.
- Water and electricity.
- Gardener and pool maintenance.
- Maid service twice a week.
Loft: There is a pool table in the loft.
Further details outdoors:
Outside: - Private Pool (12x5m) - equipped with an alarm system. Can be lit for night swimming.
- Automated-gate to enter the property.
- Play Room - pool table and ping-pong table.
- Barbecue with plenty of outdoor seating.
- Sixteen hectares (40 acres) of property with jogging/walking paths.
- Two tennis courts 1km away.
You will be delighted by a wealth of wild vegetation and formal gardens that stretch over an area of approximately 40 acres. The newly planted formal gardens contain around 2000 boxwoods, 400 rose bushes, trees and rhododendrons. The wild woodlands flourish with oaks, pines, chestnuts and acacias, and many well priced varieties of edible mushrooms are readily found during the autumn.
You are welcome to explore as much as you wish of this plentiful environment. A large alarmed swimming pool and gas barbecue with plenty of outdoor seating complement the property. The area surrounding the chateau is fully fenced in and entry is through an automated gate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
- Security deposit: €1000. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels: All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs: Heating is extra at 400 euros/week for evening/night heating if needed.
- End of stay cleaning: Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Arrival time: 4.30pm onwards.
- Departure time: 10am.
- Pets: No pets allowed.
- Smoking: No smoking in the property.
- Swimming pool: Swimming pool open from May-September.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
The Aquitaine / Dordogne / Dordogne region
Local Area - Plenty of local high-end restaurants in Perigueux such as Les Huit, Hercules Poireau, Les Clos Saint Front, etc.
- Large outdoor market in Perigueux on Wednesdays and Saturdays and in Saint Astier on Thursdays.
- Large supermarket and shopping mall 5 km away.
Local Activities - Golf (5 minutes away).
- Tennis (2 minutes away).
- Canoeing/Kayaking (10 minutes away).
- Wine tasting in Saint Emilion, Bergerac, Pomerol, Monbazillac, etc. (45 minutes away).
The Perigueux area
Places to Visit - Perigueux: The capital of the Dordogne and one of the largest Medieval-Renaissance towns in France. You can visit the ancient walled town of Vesunna, a Roman site which dates back over 2000 years. The cathedral of Saint Front is the largest church in the south west and one of the stops on the pilgrimage route to Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle (in town the route is marked by golden clam shells and is also the same route that runs in front of Chateau de Siorac). There are plenty of shops and restaurants, four museums (Le Musee du Périgord at Allee Tourny, Le Mussee Gallo-romaine, Le Musee Militaire, Le Musee Atelier du Trompe l’Oeil). There's also a theatre, cinema, market, shops, boat trips, etc.
- Saint Astier: At the centre of town you’ll find the church from the XI and XV centuries, one of the pilgrimage stops of the Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle road.
- Brantome: A picturesque small town on an island, hence known as the Venice of the Dordogne. The Carolingian abbey has the oldest bell tower in France. You can sign up for a canoe or boat rides. There are plenty of shops and restaurants.
- Bergerac: Founded on the banks of the Dordogne, the town has preserved the evidence of the XIV century when its role as supplier of wine to the English kingdom established its importance and wealth. Some medieval houses, barely altered, can be seen in the centre. With over 100 vineyards open to the public you will have much to choose from for those wishing to wine taste. For white sweet wines visit Monbazillac.
- Sarlat: A medieval town where one can feel transported back in time. It’s the home town of the "Festival des Jeux du Theatre" and of the film festival "Cinephile". It gathers all types of artists, musicians, sculptors, painters, etc. The Sarlat market is also well known in the region.
- Domme: A fortress founded in 1281 by the French king Philippe III as a front against the English. At the bastide you can see the graffiti left on the walls by prisoners during the Hundred Years War.
- Rocamadour: A breathtaking site cascading down the side of a mountain. It paid homage to the pilgrimage in the Middle Ages. Absolutely a must!
- The River Dordogne cuts across the southern part of the Dordogn; from Montcaret to Cazoules it goes through many picturesque towns such as Bergerac, Lalinde, Le Buisson de Cadouin, and Domme. The views along the river are breathtaking and a boat trip is well worth it. Try exploring some of its villages; they all have their own personal charm.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Regular budget airline flights to the region.
Nearest airport: Bergerac - 45km
Nearest train station: Perigueux - 10km
Nearest town: Perigueux - 10km
Activities near Perigueux
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 12|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|June||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 4574||£ 1144||£ 1144||2 Nights|
|July to August||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 4574||£ 2287||£ 2287||2 Nights|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 3650||£ 913||£ 913||2 Nights|
|October||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|November to Christmas||1 Nov 13||20 Dec 13||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|Christmas to New Years||20 Dec 13||6 Jan 14||£ 4574||£ 1144||£ 1144||2 Nights|
|January to March||6 Jan 14||1 Apr 14||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|April||1 Apr 14||1 May 14||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|May||1 May 14||1 Jun 14||£ 4310||£ 913||£ 913||2 Nights|
|June||1 Jun 14||1 Jul 14||£ 2991||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|July to August||1 Jul 14||1 Sep 14||£ 4574||£ 2287||£ 2287||2 Nights|
|September||1 Sep 14||1 Oct 14||£ 3650||£ 913||£ 913||2 Nights|
|October||1 Oct 14||1 Nov 14||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|November to Christmas||1 Nov 14||20 Dec 14||£ 2726||£ 682||£ 682||2 Nights|
|Christmas to New Years||20 Dec 14||6 Jan 15||£ 4574||£ 1144||£ 1144||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE PRICES REPRESENT THE PRICE RANGE AND DO NOT APPLY TO THE SEASONS LISTED. UP TO THE MINUTE AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK ABOVE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
Simply Chateau (property manager)
The property manager is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This chateau has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Chateau de Bellecare in Belcaire, France
Chateau de la Guerinche in Perigueux, France
Manoir de Lesuelle in Brelidy, France
Chateau Durantey in Lanouaille, France
Holiday homes in France (11,413)