from £172 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £172 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Manor House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 12
Availability Your dates are available
Manor House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 12
A luxurious retreat in the heart of the Minervois, this traditional French Manoir sleeps 12 people in 6 huge double bedrooms - four with en-suite facilities, and the other two with their own shower room. The château style house, furnished with a mixture of antiques and modern luxury, has its own private swimming pool in a large south facing courtyard garden enjoying total peace and quiet.
Manoir Theron was built in 1857 and retains many of the traditional features associated with a house of quality in these times including large rooms with high ceilings, marble fireplaces and a dramatic sweeping staircase. Recently, the house has undergone complete renovation to accommodate the needs of the 21st Century whilst respecting the splendour and elegance of the original building.
Enter through the main entrance into an impressive hall - there are a variety of fabulous chandeliers used in the house.
The lounge, dining room, kitchen and games room are on the ground floor.
Fully equipped kitchen with large fridge freezer, double sink, electric oven and 4 hobs, microwave, steamer, kettle, toaster, small table and chairs.
Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer, a safe and stock of beach towels, leading to a ground floor WC.
Tastefully decorated lounge with beautiful wood floor, 3 sofas, working fireplace and a 42 cm flat screen TV with full SKY package and DVD player. Plenty of DVD's provided (in English).
Smart dining room with seating for 10 and windows to the pool area. All furniture is large and keeping with the style of the property.
Games room with full size table tennis table and a stock of games and a CD player. Plug in and Wifi internet.
Up the staircase to the first floor you will find three bedrooms, all ensuite:
- double room with magnificent four poster bed and a stained glass window. Bathroom with free-standing bath, large shower, 2 basins and a WC.
- Double bedroom ( Super king size bed ) with ensuite shower, basin and WC. Wardrobe and windows overlooking the pool.
- twin room with ensuite shower, basin and WC. 2 armchairs, hanging space. Overlooks pool.
Up the staircase again to the second floor whether there are 3 further bedrooms:
- twin bedroom with high ceilings, wood beams, 2 chairs and a wardrobe, overlooking the pool. Separate shower, 2 basins and WC.
- very large bedroom with 2 large twin beds, a 2 seater sofa, wardrobe, and ensuite shower with 2 basins and WC. Overlooking pool.
- double bedded room with high ceilings, wooden beams, a desk area, wardrobe, 2 chairs and an ottoman. Ensuite shower with basin and WC.
So, to summarise, there are 6 luxurious bedrooms, two with king-size beds and four with twin beds, so easily sleeps 12 adults. A cot and high chair are available if there is baby in the party. Four of the six bathrooms/shower rooms are en suite and the remaining two have their own shower rooms.
Internet access using wifi (supply your own laptop).
All bedlinen is supplied and beds made up for your arrival (unless otherwise requested) and will be changed weekly.
Towels for use in the house and beach towels for everybody are supplied.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Narbonne Plage 20 km|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Carcassonne 25 km, Nearest railway: Narbonne 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated), Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Table tennis, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Bedroom 1 - king-size bed
Bedroom 2 - king-size bed
Bedroom 3 - twin bed
Bedroom 6 - twin beds
A cot and high chair are available if there is baby in the party.
4 ensuite bath / shower rooms
2 separate shower rooms
Fully equipped kitchen
Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer leading to a ground floor toilet
Lounge - working fireplace and a 42 cm T.V. and DVD player
Games room with full size table tennis table
Internet access using wifi (supply your own laptop)
All bedlinen is supplied and beds made up for your arrival (unless otherwise requested) and will be changed weekly
Towels for use in the house and beach towels for everybody are supplied
|Further details outdoors|
The private courtyard garden has a south-facing sun-baked terrace for alfresco dining leading to your own private pool.
The pool has been built with your safety and enjoyment in mind with shallow steps to a depth of 1.3m. Pool size of 4.5m x 4.5m (5.7m with steps) and has a pool alarm. It is cleaned daily so is always in pristine condition! Installed with heating and an electric cover on the pool.
Should you want to escape from the sun-baked terrace welcome shade is provided by a magnificent ancient cyprus tree, typical of this region.
Weber gas BBQ and outside dining equipment as well as deck chairs and sun loungers.
Secure off street parking.
DISCOUNTS available - 15% off weeks in April, May or June. Plus 10% discount for the 2 last remaining July weeks (2 week booking only).
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Centrally located in the Aude, the villa is easily accessible, with 3 airports less than 1 hour's drive away. It is also perfect for enjoying all that this region of France has to offer. Whether it is the sparkling blue Mediterranean and its miles of golden sandy beaches, the Canal du Midi or the historical city of Carcassonne, there is something for everyone.
Things to see and do in the area
There is something for everyone in the Languedoc Roussillon region and all are easily accessible from Manoir Theron. There is far too much to tell you about here. To summarize the most popular attractions are
• The Mediterranean sea and beaches. The closest beach at Narbonne is about 25 miles away and goes on for as far as the eye can see(about 4 miles). Other beaches then stretch east to Valras, Cap d'Agde, Marseillan all the way to Montpellier and beyond. Each has its personality from just sea and sand to more developed resorts. Going in the other direction, the coastline towards Perpignan provides equally spectacular beaches.
• Carcassonne and its medieval cite has to be seen to be believed. The whole region is steeped in Cathar history with many sites and mysteries. (Suggested reading Labyrinth by Katie Mosse and Da Vinci code by Dan Brown)
• The Canal du Midi, now a Unesco World heritage site, is just 6km away with walking, cycling or boat hire. Follow Rick Stein's voyage in Anjodi.
•Lac de Jouarres, just 5 minutes drive away, has fishing, sailing, other watersports and swimming from its own beach
• Perpignan, Beziers, Narbonne and Montpellier are the closest cities
• Barcelona and Spain is about 2.5 hours drive for those of you who are adventurous
• The mountains of the Pyrenees are to the south and accessible for skiing in the winter and the beautiful Montagnes Noir are just north of Pepieux.
• Winetasting, enjoying the many and varied grapes grown in the area direct from the Domaines. We can organise a range of winetasting experiences for your party from speedtasting, to give you a flavour of the languedoc wines, right through to a course giving you a professional qualification. We have forged special links with several wine experts including Vin en Vacances, a vineyard tour company run by Wendy Gedney, an English woman with a passion for this wonderful area and its wines. Wendy is a wine teacher and during the tours not only will you have a thoroughly enjoyable day, you will also learn a great deal about wine and tasting. Her aim is to provide you with an experience that you can’t easily create for yourself and during the day you will explore the regions, meet some of the most interesting vignerons, taste their wines and enjoy a superb lunch. Just ask for details when you book.
• Golf is still a growing sport in France but click on the first link below for more information on courses in the Aude
• Try the following links for more information on things to see and do before you come to Manoir Theron:
Ituated on the edge of Pepieux, it enjoys all the benefits of a typical French village including a boulangerie, general store, cave and bar with restaurant and yet provides peace and quiet and stunning views over the vineyards and Montagne Noir. The Minervois is famous for its wine and the wine produced at the cave in Pepieux supports this reputation! (But don't take my word for it, come and experience it first hand).
Pepieux is a village in the middle of the vineyards but has the advantage of local shops and other facilities. There is a tennis court 100yds away and the main centre of the village is only 3 minutes walk.
In the village is a baker selling delicious pastries, fresh bread and great for those croissants first thing in the morning. There is a small general store, a post office, hairdressers, pharmacy, tabac and a gift shop. The bar is very 'french' serving great food in a relaxed atmosphere. But don't expect a choice and practise your french.
The cave co-operative is just off the village centre and sells excellent wine made from a mixture of the local grapes. You can buy it by the bottle or take any container for them to fill. And you won't believe the prices.
Olonzac, at about 3 km, has a supermarket, and for all other shopping needs try the local cities of Narbonne, Carcassonne and Beziers.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
Juliana Forte (Property Manager South France Holiday Villas Ltd)
- 4 Years listed
Calendar last updated:03 Apr 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted