House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Golden Sands is a fantastic holiday home situated just a few steps from the gorgeous Praa Sands near Penzance. It is the perfect destination for anyone who loves the sea and beach life with plenty of water sports on offer. Away from the activities there is ample opportunity to unwind and soak up the views on the large decked terrace; the perfect place with relax with a cool drink.
On arrival at Golden Sands every guest will be greeted with a traditional cream tea.
Praa Sands is one of the finest beaches to be found and boasts 1/2 mile of beautiful golden sands popular with families, surfers and bathers alike. The village centre is just a short walk away from the property where you'll find a pub, post office with general stores, cafes and a fish and chip shop practically on the beach.
The South West coast path is just a few yards away and offers a camera opportunity at every step; a firm favourite with seasoned and novice walkers alike.
West Cornwall can be easily explored with the nearby towns of Penzance, The Lizard and St Ives all just a short drive away.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay 9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
- Dual aspect fully opening windows to make the most of the stunning sea views.
- Access on to the front terrace.
- Furnished with 2 two seater leather sofas.
- Flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- Open fireplace to provide extra warmth in the cooler months.
- Wi-fi is available for guests who bring their own laptop.
- Double aspect opening doors leading to the front decked area with stunning sea views.
- Furnished with lounge chairs.
- Doors lead out to both the front terrace and rear of the property.
- Large range style double gas oven and hob, microwave, toaster, kettle,
- Separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
- Bistro set with seating for 2.
- Wooden dining table with seating for six.
- Situated on the ground floor this room benefits from sea views from the bed.
- Furnished with a double bed, bedside tables, flatscreen wall mounted TV with Freeview, wardrobe and chest or drawers with mirror.
- Situated on the first floor with dual aspect windows showing beach, sea and headland views.
- Furnished with twin beds, bedside table, single fitted wardrobe and wash basin.
- Situated on the ground floor with views over the rear courtyard.
- Furnished with twin beds, bedside table and double wardrobe.
- Main family bathroom comprises a large Jacuzzi Chromo therapy bath (Chromo therapy, sometimes called colour therapy, is based on the premise that certain colours are infused with healing energies. The therapy uses the seven colours of the rainbow to promote balance and healing in the mind and body), vanity unit with wash basin and w.c.
- Double shower room on the ground floor with luxury shower.
- Additional w.c. off the kitchen.
|Further details outdoors|
- Uninterrupted panoramic sea views from the property and front decked terrace.
- 400 yards from the pathway leading to the beach in front on the house.
- A short walk into Praa Sands village which has a post office with a general store and a pub.
- Off street parking for 3 cars.
- 8 steps leading down to the property.
- Rear decked garden with patio furniture. Please note: there is a slight drop so small children will need to be supervised.
- The approach to the property is via an un-kept slightly bumpy road which is not suitable for low level sports cars.
The West Country region
West Cornwall is a glistening and unspoilt corner of the West Country – where a passion for the great outdoors and a captivating history splash against the backdrop of beautiful landscapes. Thirty six miles of coastline wrap around twinkling fishing villages, rural trails and nostalgic towns, promising a truly refreshing West Cornwall holiday. Our range of self-catering and pet-friendly West Cornwall holiday cottages are the perfect base to enjoy this magical corner of the country, whether during the summer months or for a winter retreat! With the stunning Lizard Peninsula, beautiful beaches and the famous Land’s End, West Cornwall has everything you could wish for!
West Cornwall includes 36 miles of coastline
West Cornwall’s seas are clear
The Cornish Way cycle trail runs from Truro to Land’s End
Steeped in Celtic history, smuggling and shipwrecks, Penzance is a charming South Cornwall town full of character with some truly splendid views. Sat in the Land’s End peninsula, its sheltered position and warmer climate make for some interesting plant life and the town is brought to life in the spring and summer months with a blaze of floral splendour.
With Land’s End just ten miles away and excellent links to the wider Cornwall, staying occupied is not a problem during your stay, with rare plant gardens, a helicopter ride to the enchanting Scilly Isles and the striking St. Michaels Mount; there is certainly plenty to see and do. The fascinating history can be explored in the Museum, while a day at one of the sun kissed beaches is the perfect way to relax. With restaurant and pubs aplenty, a fine selection of shops and even an open air theatre on the coast, Penzance makes for an ideal holiday destination.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:07 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- St Ives
- 365 properties
- 286 properties
- 109 properties
- St Agnes
- 66 properties
- 63 properties
- St Just
- 61 properties
- 61 properties
- 43 properties
- 37 properties
- 36 properties
- 35 properties
- St Mawes
- 27 properties
- Praa Sands
- 21 properties
- 15 properties
- 15 properties
- Mullion Cove
- 13 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties