Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
3 Carlton Manor is a ground floor apartment, set in a Victorian villa which has been converted into modern apartments on Roundham Head, Paignton. Set back on a quiet road, there is a degree of peace and tranquillity, whilst retaining the benefits of this central location in Torbay.
Goodrington beach is literally within a two minute walk and is popular with bathers and sandcastle builders alike. Here you will also find a selection of attractions including Quaywest Waterpark, go-karts, crazy golf, amusements and a pub serving a menu to suit all tastes. From Goodrington you can board the steam train a take a scenic journey along the picturesque coast and River Dart.
Paignton town centre and beach are a short distance away where you will find all desired facilities including a large selection of restaurants, cafe, bars and shops, Apollo cinema and Torbay Leisure Centre. There are also many indoor and outdoor attractions such as Pitch & Putt, Paignton Zoo, Living Coasts Coastal Zoo in Torquay, boat trips, fishing trips and of course the beach and Pier.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Goodrington Sands 2.5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 45.3 km, Nearest railway: Paignton 1.6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- Open plan living/dining area.
- Furnished with two sofas seating four, light oak coffee table, sideboard and side table.
- Featuring a flatscreen TV with DVD player and CD/Radio.
- Board games available and access to an MP3 plug-in.
- Wi-Fi internet access.
- Dining area comprises of a light oak table with seating for six.
- Featuring an electric oven, gas hob, fridge freezer, washer dryer and dishwasher.
- Complete with a full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a double bed, two bedside cabinets with lamps, single wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Features an armchair with footstool, chest of drawers, TV and DVD player.
- En-suite is fully titled and comprises of a shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, mirror and shaver point.
- Furnished with 'zip and link' twin beds, which can be arranged as a double on request.
- Featuring a single wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets.
- Ipod docking station.
- Main bathroom comprises of bath with shower mixer taps, shower screen, wc, wash basin, mirror and shaver point.
- En-suite to bedroom one is fully titled and comprises of a shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, mirror and shaver point.
|Further details outdoors|
- Apartment is on the ground floor.
- Entrance is gained through the communal front door and hallway.
- Use of communal gardens.
- A few minutes' walk from Goodrington Sands and its attractions.
- Close to Paignton Harbour and the town centre.
- Off-street allocated parking for one car.
The West Country region
The warm climate and award-winning beaches enjoyed by South Devon have kept it a fashionable holiday resort for many generations. Torquay, Paignton and Brixham make up Torbay, one of the most popular areas for holidays in South Devon, and the area also includes the coastal towns of Dawlish, Teignmouth and Starcross. South Devon holiday cottages position their guests in some of the country’s prettiest locations for a break with a continental feel.
South Devon hosts dozens of festivals and regattas throughout the whole year
One of the world’s oldest shipwrecks was found off South Devon’s coast
Pete Goss built his Team Phillips catamaran in Totnes
Paignton has a wide range of great activities fo children of all ages, from penny arcades on the pier to the zoo – recently ranked as one of the Daily Telegraph’s top 50 days out. The beaches at Preston, Paignton centre and Goodrington offer good sandcastle building conditions while the more adventurous can discover hidden beaches along this stretch of coast.
The centre has level access to the seafront or explore the harbour to find restaurants and the chance to try some watersports. Above the harbour lies Roundham Point where gardens provide a panoramic view of The English Riviera with Torquay to the left and Brixham to the right.