Oyster Bay View Villa
Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Ideal for 1 couple, 2 or 3 couples or a family. Sleeps to maximum of 6 in 3 double beds , a villa that offers all the comforts of a cozy home away from home and is very affordable. Villa Oyster Bay View is very well appointed in its 2 double bed bedrooms ( California King US / Superking European and US Olympic Queen size / Queen European) and an open mezzanine double bed (US Olympic Queen size / Queen European) , 2.WCs and 2 indoor showers (plus 1 pool shower outdoor for pool hygeine) and open living room, has air-conditioning throughout, a complete kitchen with quality appliances, a large private pool, outdoor seating with a Gas BBQ and more outdoor entertainment spaces - all secured, completely walled-in and gated. The gardens are well lit.
UPDATED for 2014/15 seasons with Decoration, new furniture and all new unit air conditioning units in bedrooms, lounge and mezzanine. Special quiet and auto functions only associated with new units.
LOCAL MANAGERS - David and Carine Poret are our friendly managers ( and neighbors ! ) on the island who also manage a vacation/holiday complex near the villa. Because of that they can help with car hire, provisions and activities as well as being on hand for your general inquiries or special needs. They speak English and French and are very experienced friendly happy people.
CHILDREN : Welcome : Cots and high chairs are available upon request and are subject to availability.
POOL IMPORTANT NOTE: the swimming pool is an open area and you must activate the pool alarm for your own and familys safety.
MAID SERVICE - Included within your pricing quote for arrival and departure - however if you require extra towel sets or require more assistance, a reasonable priced extra charge paid locally is possible for this.
Towels ( inside Bath Hand and face) are provided - Beach towels for outside use too are provided
The villa is situated in French Oyster Pond and overlooks Captain Oliver's Marina, Oyster Pond Hill and Oyster Bay Resort with Dawn Beach and the Atlantic ocean beyond. Restaurants, grocery stores and the marina facilities are in walking distance. Popular Dawn Beach and the Westin Casino are only a couple of minutes by car.
The outdoor areas at Villa Oyster Bay View offer both, sunny and shaded spaces and afford scenic views of the ocean sea. The villa is very well designed to relax outside, providing many amenities:
Large Private pool with built-in 'wet' submerged seating benches (Pool depth 1.5m - 5ft ) It has a pool alarm for safety.
Sunny deck with armchair loungers & a casual seating drinks/coffee outside lounge area) plus very large designer parasol ( Tuuci from Italy )
Covered terrace facing the pool
Teak dining area for 6 guests
Lounge area with setee and chairs for coffee/ drinks plus and a fabulous covered day bed with exotic looking cushions plus sun loungers (4) are cushioned 4 inches (11cm) deep
Electric Canvas sun protection blinds in front and at the side of the villa
Gas BBQ complete with BBQ tools under shade
Villa is gated and completely walled-in
Private swimming & sunbathing, 'au natural' is possible
Electrically operated Hurricane shutters
Remote controlled gate
Gated parking on the side of the villa for a car.
Generator & water cistern gives peace of mind in rainy season.
Living and dining room :
are air-conditioned and furnished with sturdy Bamboo furniture. Table seats 6. On the side of this open plan room is a stairway leading to the loft space on the Mezzanine, a cozy spot under the rafters with seating area and a single bed. Widescreen TV ( using Apple TV- (bring your iTunes login) ) and Bose music system
More details inside of the villa include:
A personal safe - big enough to hold a medium sized laptop
Tiled flooring throughout
Air-conditioning in the living area and bedrooms
Fully functional full size kitchen
Bar area/ cupboard worktop in living room
For your entertainment inside:
A Flat screen TV in Lounge with Apple TV ( Internet content works with your own Itunes login). Note TV is not Satellite
Entertainment system with CD-player
Bose iPod dock
Seating area w. Bamboo sofa and chairs
Dining table with seating for 8
Bring your laptop/notebook/iPad - Can airplay and mirror Apple Ipad/iphone content through Apple TV
Villa Oyster Bay View offers dining areas both inside and outside.
In addition, there is a breakfast table for 4 in the adjoining kitchen.
Fully equipped kitchen adjoins the living room and enters both, from inside and outside from the terrace. Details include:
Full size refrigerator, freezer, ice-maker, wine cooler (red wine) ( In lounge)
Microwave, oven, gas and electric stove, kitchen range
Coffee machine, coffee grinder, blender
Complete supply of china, glasses, crockery, cutlery, pots & pans ( Additional plastic glasses for pool area supplied)
All cooking utensils, including a set of BBQ tools
Gas BBQ grill (Weber) on the terrace
Fly screens are at all opening windows and doors for all year round peace of mind.
The villa has two almost identical bedrooms; both are located on ground floor. An additional space is upstairs on the open loft. Bedroom features include:
Bedroom 1 has an extra large King bed, Bedroom 2 has a King bed
Large closets in both bedrooms
Vaulted ceiling accented by colored beams
Master bedroom has direct access to the terrace
Loft space on the mezzanine with a double bed
1 en-suite bathroom with WC; 1 shower room, 1 separate WC.
Air-Conditioning, King bed (extra large), closet space, high ceiling, tiled floor, opens to the terrace (ground floor). En-suite full bathroom with single sink, large shower, WC.
Air-Conditioning, King bed, large closet, high ceiling, tiled floor, opens to the terrace (ground floor). Private shower room with double sinks, a walk-in shower; WC in a separate room.
Villa Oyster Bay View offers
• one en-suite full bathroom with WC and shower
• one bathroom with double sinks and shower and
• a separate restroom (WC).
On the open loft space (above lounge) you'll find an additional double bed - with its own air conditioning.
NOTE VOLTAGE IS 220v and uses an Euro plug.
Currency is USD and Euro on the island
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Several nearby 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: SXM Princess Julian Airport St Maarten|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Boat available, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Saint-Martin region
Saint Martin/Sint Maarten is located at 18.02° N latitude and 63.07° W longitude. The Island is 37 square miles.
The French side is 21 square miles while the Dutch side is 16 square miles. Simpson Bay Lagoon is the largest lagoon of the Caribbean (11 square miles).
Sint Maarten is an Island Territory of The Netherlands Antilles, which is a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. There is no numeric Postal code on the Dutch side.
Saint Martin is an Overseas Territory of France. Its Postal code is 97150.
Marigot is the capital of the French side and Philipsburg is the Dutch side capital. Philipsburg is named after Captain John Philips, a Scotsman in the Dutch Navy in 1763.
"Soualiga" was spotted by Christopher Columbus in November 11, 1493. This date is the Holy date of the Feast of Saint Martin of Tours, hence the name.
The Treaty of Concordia, signed in 1648, divides the Island between the Dutch and French.
There are people of more than 100 nationalities living on the Island.
There are 36 beaches.
Peak Paradise on the French side is the highest point on the Island at 1,390 feet or 423.7 meters.
The Dutch side power company G.E.B.E. has a maximum output capacity of 44 megawatts of electricity.
The length of the runway at Princess Juliana Airport is 7,708 by 148 feet or 2,349 by 45 meters. ICAO ID TNCM. The length of the runway at L'Esperance Airport is 3,937 by 98 feet or 1,200 by 30 meters ICAO ID TFFG.
There are 36 beaches on SXM, they are ALL open to the public.
• Simpson Bay is next to the airport
• Burgaux Bay is in Beacon Hill, a residential area
• Maho Bay is at the foot of the airport runway
• Mullet Bay is in the middle of the golf course and has food vendors at one end
• Cupecoy is actually three separate bathing areas which change on a seasonal basis
• Baie Longue has snorkeling in front of La Samana Hotel
• Baie aux Prunes has a small beach and breaking waves a bit farther out
• Baie Rouge has parking and limited commercial facilities and some great snorkeling
• Pointe du Bluff at the defunct La Belle Creole Hotel is only accessible by boat
• Nettle Bay is a very long beach with several hotels and restaurants, watch for sea urchins
• Marigot Bay is narrow and bordered by several hotels
• Friar's Bay or Anse Guichard has several restaurants and home to the Full Moon Party
• Happy Bay is another beach which changes with the season, no facilities here
• Grand Case beach is lined with bars, restaurants and Lolos
• Petite Plage is on the far side of Grand Case Beach Club Hotel and a great family beach
• Anse Marcel is another calm beach good for kids
• Wilderness is usually a bit rough and good for surfing when there's a swell rolling in
• Petites Cayes is difficult to find through French Cul de Sac
• Tintamarre Island has a great beach with no services on this uninhabited Island
• Pinel Island has a couple of beaches and three restaurants, take the ferry from French Cul de Sac
• Orient Bay is THE tourist beach with a naturist hotel at one end
• Green Cay is the small Island towards the southern end of Orient Beach catch a ride the water sports folks
• Le Gallion beach is great for kids and has a restaurant operation too
• Coconut grove is adjacent to Le Gallion, no services and calm also
• Coralita Beach is just before Oyster Pond with several closed Hotels bordering it
• Oyster Pond has a small beach on the northern side, some claim that the sand is green
• Dawn Beach is protected by a good snorkeling reef. Several restaurants and The Westin Hotel & Casino
• Guana Bay is usually a bit rough and can have a bad under tow, be careful
• Great Bay in Philipsburg is lined with hotels, restaurants and shops. Lot of activity from the Cruise Ships
• Little Bay has two hotels and water sports operations
• Cay Bay is a narrow beach and is host the Dutch side power company G.E.B.E.
• Pelican Key is another residential area with views of Saba and Statia
• Pelican and Flamingo resorts share a beach with plenty of activity
• Kim Sha Beach has Hotels, water sports, a SCUBA dive operation and of course Buccaneer Beach Bar
Villa Oyster Bay View is located on the East coast of the island, on the French part of Oyster Pond near the open border to Sint Maarten. If you know Oyster Pond: the villa is half way between Mama Pizza and Les Balcons d'Oyster Pond. In walking distance are grocery stores, the superette, restaurants, the pizzeria, and Captain Oliver's Marina facilities including bars, restaurants, boutiques, boat charters, and the ferry boat to St. Barth's.
Car park at the villa entrance
Distances to some of the island attractions (by car):
- Dawn Beach: 2 min
- Casino/The Westin: 3 min
- Orient Beach: 10 min
- Philipsburg: 10 min
- Grand Case: 20 min
- Marigot: 30 min
- Maho Beach/Airport: 45 min
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
29 Aug 2014
The only reason I give a 4 for the "rooms" is b/c the bed was a little more firm than I prefer. Otherwise-just perfect! Great/attentive service when you need it, clean, comfortable, well s… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:21 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 1617 properties
- Sint Maarten
- 552 properties
- 115 properties
- Anse des Flamands
- 68 properties
- Anse des Cayes
- 60 properties
- Dawn Beach
- 36 properties
- West End Village
- 33 properties
- Little Harbour
- 26 properties
- Little Harbour, Anguilla
- 26 properties
- Blowing Point
- 24 properties
- Long Bay Village
- 22 properties
- Island Harbour
- 21 properties
- Blowing Point, Anguilla
- 16 properties
- Pelican Key
- 15 properties
- The Valley
- 14 properties
- Guana Bay
- 12 properties
- Baie Rouge
- 11 properties
- Beacon Hill, Sint Maarten
- 8 properties
- Red Pond
- 7 properties
- Long Pond Bay
- 7 properties