from £143 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £143 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Villa Michaelmas is a truly superb property set in mature gardens in a quiet mountainside location with stunning views. It is within easy reach of shops, restaurants and the sea. This luxury villa is furnished to an unusually high standard throughout and offers really beautiful accommodation for 6 people in 3 large bedrooms. The open-plan ground floor has stylish lounge and dining areas and a large fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and fridge-freezer etc. The magnificent shaded terrace has top-quality furniture and overlooks the private pool and colourful garden with its fruit trees, barbecue, garden table / chairs and hammock. There are 3 bathrooms ( one en suite ) and the property is fully air-conditioned and has Sky TV, DVD and free WiFi. The property is non-smoking and pets are not allowed.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Oludeniz 4 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 50 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
- The open plan fully fitted kitchen has granite worktops, cutlery and crockery for 6-8
- Large lounge area with 2 sofas and doors leading to a terrace overlooking the pool area. The lounge has marble floors and air conditioning. The property enjoys SKY TV and free WiFi.
- Bedroom One: En suite room with a king size bed, mosquito nets, fitted wardrobes, dressing table, marble floor, air conditioning, French type balcony and wonderful views.
- Bedrooms Two and Three: Queen size beds, mosquito nets, fitted wardrobes, marble floor and air conditioning.
All bedrooms have mosquito gauzes over windows.
- Bathrooms: One large en suite bathroom to master bedroom with corner shower cubicle, wash hand basin and wc. One family bathroom with spacious shower, wash hand basin and wc. Ground floor bathroom with shower cubicle(screened), wash hand basin and wc.
|Further details outdoors|
Villa Michaelmas is set in beautifully maintained gardens and has the use of a private outdoor pool. There is plenty of space to sunbathe and sunbeds and parasols are provided by the pool.Plastic cups/glasses are provided for poolside use as broken glass is hazardous. Brick-built barbecue and garden table with 4 chairs..
There are several small supermarkets nearby (the nearest being only a 3 minute walk) and Hisaronu has several ATM machines and change offices. There are numerous restaurants, bars and shops in the locality which are all within a 5-10 minute walk, so a car is not necessary. Public transport is excellent, frequent and inexpensive. Local taxis are easily called and inexpensive
The villa is cleaned once a week and the service includes a full linen change. Towels for bathroom,kitchen and pool use are also provided and will also be changed weekly.
Strictly NO SMOKING inside the property. No pets and no sub-letting.
The Turkish Aegean Coast region
Welcome to this exceptionally beautiful part of Turkey, where ancient civilisations have left their mark on the landscape, from the dramatic heights of the pine-clad Taurus Mountains to the turrquoise-blue waters of the Mediterranean.Words cannot adequately describe the magnificent beauty of this region.You alone will judge when you visit the area and you won't be disappointed. This stretch of the Turkish coastline is known as the Turkish Riviera or the Turquoise Coast. Summer temperatures average 30-40C with winters averaging 16C.
Places of Interest in the area
- Fethiye is a historical harbour town, which is worth a visit to see the ancient Lycian rock tombs, browse around the shops in the narrow streets of the old town or just admire the beautiful sunsets from one of the many restaurants or bars along the harbour. You can book boat tours of the 12 islands in Fethiye Bay or you can take a water-taxi to Calis beach, where there is also a waterpark. There is a large market in Fethiye every Tuesday.
- Oludeniz is famous for its blue lagoon and is the most photographed beach in Turkey.This is worth visiting in the evening also, to watch the paragliders descend onto the beach from mountains 6550 feet high, against the backdrop of beautiful sunsets. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants here also.The world paragliding championship is held here in October.
- Lots of organised excursions can be booked locally. The surrounding countryside is breathtaking... if you only book one trip, make it the truck safari. Other trips to enjoy are the gorge at Saklikent and the trip to the "Turkish Everglades" at Dalyan. Also worth a visit are the remains of ancient civilizations at Xanthos, Tlos, Patara and Ephesus.
- A few miles away by local bus is the ghost town of Kayakoy. This is the remains of a town vacated by the Greeks after the War of Independence in 1922. It is located on a hillside and it is fascinating to wander around the deserted houses and churches. It is a half-hour walk to the top of the hill behind the town. There you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the coastline below. A few miles beyond Kayakoy is Gemiler Beach, reached by bus service or a taxi but worth the effort, as it's a stunning location overlooking St. Nicholas Island.
VILLA MICHAELMAS is a private, architect-designed, exceptionally well-equipped luxury villa in Ovacik , set in stunning scenery some 450 meters above Oludeniz (with its Blue Lagoon).There is a cooling summer breeze and beautiful views over Hisaronu and Ovacik to the surrounding mountains.The villa is close to Kayakoy, the Greek "ghost village" and setting for Louis De Bernière's "Birds without Wings".
Closer is the popular resort of Hisaronu with its weekly market; things come to life here after dark particularly, with all the restaurants, bars and clubs. The location of the villa , however, is well away from noise and traffic. The villa is 8kms from the bustling Turkish market town and harbour of Fethiye with its daily boat trips to the 12 islands and Calis beach town.The town has well-stocked modern supermarkets and a rich variety of smaller shops. The old quarter of Fethiye ( the Paspatur ) is particularly attractive and the lively Tuesday market is popular with visitors and locals.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
6 Sep 2011
"Relaxing and tranquil"
I have stayed at Villa Michaelmas in Ovacik several times over the past 4 years. The owners have furnished it carefully with a mix of antique and modern furniture to a very high standard, well above many other villas which are used for holiday rental. It is spacious and comfortable - the beds are the best I have ever slept in (including my own at home!). The villa is in a pleasant location set in a well kept garden with stunning views of the Babadag mountains and is handy for the local village - Hisaronu or the nearest large town - Fethiye. Olu Deniz is the closest beach and is a short drive or dolmus (bus) ride away. There are lots of excellent restaurants in the surrounding areas but a visit to the local markets will reward shoppers with delicious and cheap fruit and vegetables with which they may self cater. I have been coming to this area of Turkey for around 12 years and still have not experienced all there is to do , whether you like to laze in the sun around the pool or are the activity-junkie type who likes to be on the go, there is something here for you. I recommend Villa Michaelmas and the Fethiye area just as highly as I can. The owners have taken great care to supply all the creature comforts. You would not be disappointed with a visit to Ovacik.
We are confident that this is a reaction shared by many of Villa Michaelmas' guests. It is one of its best features.
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Aug 2015
Based in United Kingdom