Farmhouse | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 12
Bisenzio Farmhouse has been lovingly restored using local materials to create a stunning accommodation to rent. This property has a quaint exterior and the interior is luxurious, stylish and comfortable. Land on the estate has been developed into an organic farm with rare breed cows and pigs, a flock of sheep, and a vineyard. The estate produces its own vegetables, olive oil, wine and even saffron. A wide range of activities available allow you to appreciate the natural beauty of the estate and the magnificent views.
These include visiting the organic farm, which promotes the breeding and rearing of inndigenous animals, country walks with the estate and beyond, horse riding and mountain biking. White roads wind through and around the estate, linking you to charming hill villages.The FarmGuests can visit the organic farm to see the rare breeds of animals at close quarters. There is a herd of 150 white Chiannia cows, some Cinta Senese pigs and a small flock of sheep.Chiannia is an Italian breed of beef cattle and is one of the oldest in the world. The famous bistecca alla fiorentina is produced from its meat.The Cinta Senese pig was common in Tuscany in the 14th century (the breed appears in old paintings of the period) when it roamed tree in the forests eating grass and acorns.The estate produces its own organic vegetables and herbs, olive oil from 650 olive trees, wine from its young hectare of vineyard and even very fragrant and intensely red high quality saffron.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 6 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (4)|
|Further details indoors|
One: King size bed, en suite shower.Bedroom
Two: King size bed, en suite shower.Bedroom
Three: King size bed, en suite shower.
Bedroom Four: King size bed, en suite shower.
Bedroom Five: Twin beds, en suite bath and shower.
Bedroom Six: Twin beds (that can be joined to form a king), en suite bath and shower.
- 6 en-suite bedrooms with large beds
- Beautiful gardens and pool
- Tremendous views and peaceful setting
- Easy access to beautiful towns, villages and lakes
- Exceptionally high quality furnishings
- Wireless internet- 2 46 flat screen TVs
- DVD/CD systems
- Kitchen appliances include fridge freezer, oven, hob, microwave, blender, chopper- Alarm system.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large heated swimming pool
- Traditional stone barbecue
- Pizza oven
- Numerous sitting out area with splendid views.With its own gates and drive, the setting is one of rolling hills and wide Umbrian and Tuscan vistas. To the south the hill town of Orvieto can be seen in the distance.The gardens are beautifully landscaped with an orchard and large grassed area ideal for children and there are large outdoor sitting areas.
- Housekeeper Cynthia is a great cook!Cynthia came to Italy from Manila in her native Philippines 20 years ago. She met her husband Lamberto (who looks after the gardens at Torre) and settled in the nearby hill village of Allerona.Cynthia will make lunch for guests using fresh ingredients from the gardens and the locality. One of her specialities is Parmigiana, a dish of shallow fried aubergine layered with cheese and tomato sauce and baked in the oven. Another is ribeye steak simply cooked on the barbecue and served Italian style with a squeeze of lemon juice and salad.
The Umbria region
Situated on the Umbrian border with Lazio and Tuscany, the Bisenzio Farmhouse overlooks the stunning scenery of the Monte Rufeno national park in Umbria, the green heart of Italy.In Umbria on the border with Tuscany, and on the edge of the Monte Rufeno national park, Bisenzio Farmhouse is a haven of peace and tranquillity, yet conveniently located 7km from the A1 Autostrada between Rome and Florence.This means easy access to fascinating places including Orvieto, Arrezzo, Assisi, Cetona, Montepulciano, Perugia, Siena and Spoleto as well as the lakes of Bolsena and Trasimeno.- Rome is two hours away on the Autostrada, and served by regular trains from the small town of Fabro, which is just a 10-minute drive from Torre. Highlights include the Vatican City, Roman Forum, Colosseum and Spanish Steps.- Florence is about an hour and a half drive away and is on the train line from Fabro. Highlights include the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vechio, Boboli Garden, Pitti Palace.- Siena is an hour and twenty minutes drive away, and again reachable by train from Fabro. Visit the beautiful Campo square where twice a year (2nd July, 16th August) the world famous Palio takes place ? a horse race dating back to the 1600s.
The organic farm is home to rare breed cows and pigs and a small flock of sheep. It grows its own fruit and vegetables, produces olive oil from 650 olive trees, wine from its young vineyard, and even high quality saffron.The whole area is a food lover?s paradise - Umbria is home to the world famous salty Pecorino cheese and crisp dry Orvieto wine. Some of Italy?s finest wine areas are on the doorstep and there are many small family-run vineyards which welcome visitors.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
19 Jul 2013
"Amazing views, well appointed, very helpful staff, perfect."
Villa was perfect, stunning views, beautiful gardens, own veg patch very comfortable rooms, space, perfect pool, varying terraces for eating and wonderful cooking by Frederica and Cythia. FANTASTIC.
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 1 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 142 properties
- 83 properties
- 46 properties
- 33 properties
- San Casciano dei Bagni
- 32 properties
- Citta della Pieve
- 31 properties
- 31 properties
- 28 properties
- 26 properties
- 26 properties
- 22 properties
- 17 properties
- Lugnano in Teverina
- 16 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Montecastello Di Vibio
- 7 properties
- 6 properties