La Petite Grange
Gite | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Our beautifully renovated gîte has been designed to suit 2 people and offers good quality accommodation decoarted in coffee and creams. It is located in the pretty farming village of Ance, which is 10 mins from the local market town of Oloron Ste Marie, which has a beautiful cathedral and the main Gave d'Oloron running through it. There are many restaurants and shops and the local market runs on Friday mornings.
The gîte is a 'home from home', being well furnished and equipped with beautiful surroundings and breathtaking views of the mountains. This really is a stunning area to explore and is easily accessible and is central to a wealth of activities.
The gîte is ideally situated for 2 people, but does have a double sofabed for an additional 2 in the lounge area. It has a wealth of charm with exposed beams and stonework . The open plan layout has a lounge, kitchen and dining area with TV (UK channels) and DVD, electric cooker, fridge and microwave. On the first floor is a double bedroom and shower room/WC.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Biarritz 80 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pau 50 km, Nearest railway: Oloron Ste Marie 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Swing set, Trampoline|
|Further details indoors|
The open plan ground floor has a well-equipped kitchen area with table and chairs, having great views of the mountains. The lounge area has TV with french and english channels, DVD player and electric fire. 2 settees, one of which being a double sofa bed. Coffee table. French doors leading out to the private terrace.
Stairs to the first floor lead to the main bedroom which has a double bed with bedside cabinets, clothes hanging and dressing table and chair. A cot is available for families with young children.
There is a shower room and WC. There is electric heating. The main entrance/reception has a laundry room providing you with a washing machine and tumble drier.
|Further details outdoors|
La Petite Grange has a private secluded terrace with table, chairs, parasol and BBQ. Private off-road parking.
There is also a southfacing, walled communal garden area which is designed to provide a safe playing area for children and adults. The paddock area is ideal for relaxing among the fruit trees, taking in the stunning views of the mountains and watching the birds of prey soar the skies. The playing area in the garden has a trampoline (with safety net), swing set and slide and various toys. There are 2 goal posts and other nets for badminton or volleyball. Just mind the vegetable garden and resident scarecrow! The pool area has been designed so it is not easy for little ones to wonder into, being accessed either side by a small staircase and lockable gates then onto the sundeck area. Our southfacing sundeck is approximately 60m2 and has sun loungers, tables and chairs and parasols. The pool is 9.45m x 4.5m and is one depth of 1.2m and can only be accessed via the steps from the sundeck area and is perfect for cooling down in the hot sun.
A wealth of acitivities, you can enjoy cycling, walking, fishing, swimming, climbing, parapenting, horse riding, quad biking, kayaking, skiing and lots more! The scenery is stunning with the mountains and trees and waterfalls and the birds of prey soaring the skies.
PRIVATE DESIGNATED PARKING is off-road and is situated within the boundary of the property. We also have secure lockable storage (approx 150m2) for bikes, roof boxes, fishing equipment, etc, if required
The garden and pool is shared with the owners of the house and other gite guests.
We ask you to please refrain from smoking inside the gîte.
Owners are on site and are available to answer questions, make bookings for any local activities, if required .
Babysitting may be a possibility, depending on child!
WE ARE ALSO ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE PARTIES OF UP TO 16 WITH OUR OTHER 2 GITES - PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR FURTHER DETAILS or see our other advert for Les Granges.
The Aquitaine/Dordogne region
The gite is situated at the foothills of the Pyrénées in the Béarn region of South West France, 10 km from the market town of Oloron Ste Marie, the town where the French beret was invented! Famous for it's local produce of 'brebis' cheese, Madiran and Jurançon wines, garbure (soup) and of course the mountains, the area is rural France at its best. The climate is very hot during the summer and mild during winter. It is very lush and green with a wealth of trees and forests and waterfalls. There are lots of nature walks, cycling is very popular, gorges to visit and Les Grottes (ancient caves with stalagmites and stalagtites). Biarrritz and St Jean de Luz is about an hour and a half away and Spain is about an hour.
Oloron Ste Marie is 10km from Ance and has an array of shops and restaurants and during the summer has many shows in the local park, from live bands, jazz festivals, gospel choirs to soup festivals, bike races and night markets. Many of the local villages and towns have markets, so you could visit a different one everyday and take their Menu du Jour, prices start from as little as 10€ per person for 3 courses including wine. If you want a bit more action then there is always something to do!
- WATER PARK - Aquabearn Water Park, 20 mins drive, with slides, pools, picnic areas, restaurants, etc. Aquabearn and the local pool is seasonal only from June to September.
- SWIMMING - Oloron pool with indoor and outdoor pools, slides, picnic area, etc is 10 min drive and local outdoor pool at Lanne is 5 min drive.
- ADVENTURE PARK - at Aramits is a 10 min drive, with harness and safety equipment you climb through the trees and can abseil and bungee jump, if you want!
- QUAD BIKING, 4x4 off-roading and go-carting at Aramits is a 10 min drive, mainly for adolescents and adults.
- CLIMBING - Rock climbing
- RAFTING - kayaking and white water rafting are 15/20 mins away.
- LES GORGES - The amazing Gorge de Kakouetta is about 30 mins drive, where you can walk through the Gorge with its waterfalls and flowing river, stop for a picnic and take in the view.
- HORSE RIDING - There is horse riding, nearby in Goes, about 15 min drive.
- SKIING -(winter only) Well situated for La Pierre St Martin, Gourette, Astun and Candanchu. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- FISHING - the rivers are well known for excellent salmon and trout fishing. Les Gaves d'Oloron, d'Aspe and d'Ossau.
- CYCLING - the Tour de France has travelled through the Pyrénées climbing the Cols d'Ichere, de Marie Blanque, La Pierre St Martin and further across to the Col dAubisque and Tourmalet. The local Tourist Board can give you details of past routes and stages, so you can try them yourself!
- MOUNTAIN BIKING - Becoming more and more popular, you can hire bikes locally and try the local, well signposted routes or hire a guide and try some of the routes more off the beaten track.
- GOLF - There are several courses within reach of us here, a small course at Salies de Bearn, or at Pau there is the newer course at Artigelouve, or play the oldest course in mainland Europe. 150 years old, the clubhouse is like a museum, the greens having stunning views of the mountains and the restaurant is an ideal 19th hole! Further afield, 90 mins, there is the challenging, but stunning course at Lourdes or on the coast, the championship courses at Biscarosse and Seignosse.
- WINE TASTING - the Jurançon vineyards are situated at the foothills south of Pau, where you can visit their cellars and try their increasingly popular whites,rosés and reds. Their sweet white wine is expecially popular as an apératif, being offered at most of the local restaurants. It can also be bought directly from the 'cave' 'en vrac', so take your old empty water bottles and fill them up! Prices start from as little as 0.60 cents per litre.
- BIRD WATCHING - A bird lovers paradise! Eagles, kestrels, kites, ospreys and vultures are a common sight in the Pyrénées and to see them soar the skies in their natural habitat is quite spectacular. You can relax by the sundeck in the garden with your binoculars and see many birds of prey in flight, or go further afield to les Donjon des Aigles and you will find one of the most spectacular aerial displays in Europe. AWESOME!
- WALKING - The main past time of the area, there are so many routes, we have some route maps here, the village has many signposted routes to take, that can take from 90 mins to 6 hrs. Or further afield the Cirque de Lescun is stunning with its circle of mountains, waterfalls and wild horses, you could be gone for days!
- BEACH - A little further afield are the beaches of the South West Coast at Biarritz and St Jean de Luz, take in the surfer's paradise or visit the chic bars and restaurants on the beach. The rugged coastline and awesome waves are quite spectacular to see - well worth a visit.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:16 Jul 2014
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- 113 properties
- 46 properties
- 27 properties
- Canfranc , Estacion
- 24 properties
- Antony, France
- 24 properties
- Sallent de Gallego
- 23 properties
- Salies de Bearn
- 21 properties
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 18 properties
- Saint Jean Pied de Port
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- Uhart Cize
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- Sauveterre de Bearn
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties