FLAT ALDEAMENTO DO CONVENTO ÓB
from £35 /night help
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
An experience you will want to repeat!
A cosy one bedroom flat, perfect to share with the ones you love. Decorated under the theme “beach”, is perfect to rest after a visit over the region.
This flat is on the 1st floor, has one double bedroom, one bathroom, an hall, a living room with a sofa-bed and a kitchenette equipped to cook your own meals, if you wish, and a balcony with an amazing view as far as where the eyes can see. It includes bed linen and towels.
At a short walking distance you'll be able to visit the Convent gardens' and enjoy a wonderful meal in a quiet and pleasant restaurant, located on a unique place.
The excellent location of this flat, near good roads' access, will allow you to visit several interesting regional places which are only a short distance by car:
• At 4km, 5 minutes, is Óbidos, with a vast historical and religious architectural patrimony. On this village take place several famous events along the year, namely the Chocolate Festival (Fe/Mar), the Medieval Market (Jul/Aug) and the Christmas Village (Dec).
• At 4km, 5 minutes is Caldas da Rainha, a nice and cosy city, with a unique gastronomy. You'll be able to walk on the pleasant D. Carlos I park, dominated by its lake, visit the fruit and vegetables market on Praça da República and take a curiosity pic over the shops that sell the artisanal local china, made famous by Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro, author of the well-known Zé Povinho.
• At 14km, 15 minutes is Foz do Arelho beach, near the Óbidos lagoon, with a long coast. On one side of the beach, a great place to surf, on the other, the calm and quiet waters of the lagoon are amazing to children.
• At 16 Km, 13 minutes, you'll find Bombarral, a region of intense agricultural activity – vineyards and orchards. This region is marked by the famous “Rota da Vinha e do Vinho” (route of vineyards and wine). In this area you can program several visits, like:
The “Buddha Eden Garden” – a place with about 35 acres, idealized and conceived by José Berardo, that in 2001, gave life to one of his dreams: the construction of an extensive oriental garden, paying homage to the colossal Budas sculpted in the Bamyan valley rocks, at the centre of Afghanistan, and that were cultural and spiritual references for centuries.
In the wine tourism area, you can visit the Companhia Agrícola do Sanguinhal, founded in the 20's, that holds 3 farms in the demarcated region of Óbidos: Quinta do Sanguinhal, Quinta das Cerejeiras and Quinta de S. Francisco. The visits to Quinta do Sanguinhal take its visitors to stimulate their spirit of discovery and experience.
The lovers of motor sports can go to KIRO – the international karting track of the west region.
• At 23 Km, 20 minutes, you can visit São Martinho do Porto and walk by its magnificent beach with thin sand, on a very pleasant bay, where the sea is calm. You'll be able to do several cultural walks, enjoying the local gastronomy and nature.
• At 25Km, 27 minutes you can visit the open-air salt mines of Rio Maior, the only ones of this kind in Portugal, still working. The salt collect (pure salt) comes from an extensive and deep rock-salt mine which is crossed by a subterranean sweet water flow that becomes salty afterwards, being seven times saltier than seawater.
• At 30Km, 27 minutes, you can visit the nice city of Peniche, which beaches are well-known for its waves, where it takes place one of the events of the World Surfing Championship. Here, where the fishing activity has a vital importance, you can find some of the best restaurants of the region.
• At 34Km, 30 minutes, you'll get to the beautiful beach of Nazaré, a by-the-sea neighbourhood of one of the most traditional portuguese fishing villages. It's the most famous beach of the West coast, where still can find some local women dressed with the traditional seven skirts, taking care of the fish that is drying at the sun, lined over wooden sticks.
• At 38 Km, 28 minutes, you can visit Alcobaça and its monastery. The history of the city of Alcobaça and its contemporary life are well connected with the presence of the Order of Cister that for almost 700 years built, by donation of king Afonso Henriques, in the confluence of the Alcoa and Baça rivers, one of the biggest Cistercians monasteries of the world.
Going for more 20 Km, 24 minutes, you can also visit the Monastery of Aljubarrota, repository of the vast presence for centuries of the Cister monks, where rest the tombs of D. Pedro and D. Inês de Castro, murdered by a forbidden love. Classified by UNESCO as Humanity Patrimony, this historical and artistic treasure, gothic style, symbolises one of the greatest moments of Portuguese history, reason why you shouldn't miss it.
• At 80 Km, 45 minutes you have Lisbon, the city of the seven hills, capital of Portugal. It's one of the worlds most visited locations, where you'll have memorable and unique experiences.
• At 85Km, 50 minutes, you'll be able to visit Fátima sanctuary, one of the most important marian sanctuaries of the world, where it takes place relevant religious ceremonies'.
We hope that, with this brief description, we have convinced you to recommend our region and our flat for a pleasant holidays.
There are so many reasons to visit us and spend the night in our cosy flat.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Video player, CD player|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
The Central Portugal region
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
84% Response rate
Calendar last updated:07 Jul 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 241 properties
- Sao Martinho do Porto-old
- 192 properties
- 173 properties
- 121 properties
- Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club
- 63 properties
- Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club-old
- 61 properties
- Torres Vedras-old
- 52 properties
- 49 properties
- Foz do Arelho-old
- 39 properties
- 27 properties
- Areia Branca-old
- 25 properties
- 21 properties
- Rio Maior-old
- 15 properties
- A Dos Cunhados-old
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- 7 properties
- Carvalhal, Silver Coast-old
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties