|Special Offers:||Early Deal||Mon 9 Sep - Mon 7 Oct 2013||£1100.00 / week|
About the home
This luxury villa is the ideal choice for those who wish to experience the unspoilt real Portugal. Set in a village surrounded by countryside this is the perfect base to explore this beautiful region. Within a fifteen minute drive you have many beaches to enjoy, vineyards to tour , the medieval town of Obidos and the fishing town of Peniche where you can stroll around the harbour before enjoying a meal in one of the many excellent restaurants. The Local restaurants serve traditional Portuguese dishes at a fraction of the price you would pay in the tourist areas. The food is wonderful fresh local dishes. The countryside is stunning and all around are white washed villages and towns and very friendly people.
Casa Rosa has been completely refurbished giving you luxury accommodation, a private pool, outdoor kitchen with built in barbecue and bread oven set on a large gated plot with a well established garden to explore. With both central heating and a large log fire it is perfect any time of the year.
There is a cafe within a 5 minute walk serving good food and a local bakery bakes bread overnight and rolls can be delivered and left by the gate for when you wake each morning. This villa would be perfect any time of the year if you wish to discover this beautiful region, play golf or it is the perfect base to just relax with the family.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Areia Branca,, Sao Bernardino, Consolacao, Baleal, 8km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 6km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, CD player, Pool / Snooker table, Games room, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
As the villa has been completely refurbished all furniture was recently purchased and the quality is excellent. *Two large leather sofas
* Wall mounted flat screen with staterlite tv with all UK freeview channels
* Lounge through to open very large kitchen/dining room all with high beamed ceilings. The kitchen also has the traditional bread oven.
* Mezenine level used as a den with a pool table, a large sofa and seating, a dvd player and games console with a selection of games/ dvd's provided.
* Luxury new beds and bedding in all rooms
+ Main bathroom with shower, bath, wc & bidet and an en suite shower room in bedroom one.
Further details outdoors:
* Large plot is secure with gated entry and large boundary walls.
* There is a double garage to park cars out of the sun
* Six sunbeds provided
* large patio table and chairs on the main patio for dining under the pergola.
* chairs and tables on other terraces for you to enjoy a quiet moment with a book or a glass or two with family or friends.
* Outdoor shower close to the pool
* shaded areas can be found on the grassed area under the trees for those who like a break from the sunshine.
* outdoor kitchen with built brick barbecue and a traditional bread oven. What better way to grill the fresh local fish while sitting around the pool enjoying the sunshine.
* Established mediterranean garden set amongst huge rocks to wander through with orange and lemon trees, olive and pepper trees and many more fantastic trees and shrubs.
An information book will be in the villa
All bookings of two weeks or more will have a full clean and laundry changed after each complete week. Additional cleaning could be arranged. (extra charge)
Towels are provided for use in the villa, but not for use at the pool or the beach. I can provide beach towels, for this there would be an additional charge of £5 per towel for your stay, this is to cover only the cost of laundry.
A travel cot is available at a cost of £35 per booking. This is also to cover the cost of laundry of the cot bedding.
* Although bookings for a minimum of one week prefered, short breaks may be available (minimum 3 days, excluding peak holiday dates.) Contact owner to enquire.
*Peak holiday dates (mid July - end August) Saturday - Saturday bookings only, other dates flexible.
* 25% deposit required with all bookings and balance due 8 weeks before arrival.
*A £200 refundable deposit for breakages is required with the final payment. This will be refunded within two weeks of departure, after inspection of the property. (I would not charge for small items such as a glass, cups,plates. This is only for major items of expence.)
*No smoking allowed anywhere at this property.
*No pets allowed
The Costa de Prata/Silver Coast/Central Portugal region
Exploring the tranquil towns, villages and countryside of this beautiful region, enjoying the deserted golden sandy beaches, Shopping in the colourful daily markets, and trying the local cuisine. This is why I fell in love with this region but if you want more then its all here.
You have many first class golf courses
Vineyards to tour, cities to explore
A full range of water sports available.
If Portugals national heritage interests you there is the medieval town of Obidos with its many churches and magnificent Moorish castle, Historical monasteries, the shrine of Fatima , The palace in Sintra just to name a few.
Lisbon is less than 1 hour away so you can take a day trip, explore the city and finish the day in one of Lisbons many excellent restaurants or enjoy some live Fado music.
The Obidos area
The village is surrounded by countryside but the following towns are still within a 15 minute drive.
• Obidos. The medieval walled town of Obidos. Recently voted as one of the seven wonders of Portugal. This magical town comes to life early evening during the summer months. Wander through the cobbled streets lined with white washed houses and restaurants.
• Peniche. Every evening the fishing boats leave harbour and return to port during the early morning with their catches. The catches are on sale that day in the big covered market in the centre of town and in the many fish restaurants throughout the town. You can book fishing trips and day trips to the Berlenga Islands in the harbour.
• Bomborral. I use Bomborral for everyday needs. It has good restaurants, the best piri piri restaurant where you can eat in for around £7 a head for all food and wine or collect and take back to the villa on your way home from a day out. It is also famous for its wine making. There are two vineyards you can tour before sampling and buying to take back and enjoy in the villa.
Further afield, in less than 30 minutes drive, you have the Foz da Arelho lagoon with its beautiful beach and many bars and restaurants, also the market town of Caldas da Rainha. Here you will find the best selection of shops and also a daily market selling basket ware, flowers, fruit, veg and other foods.
You have at least four beaches less than a fifteen minute drive and several golf courses less than 30 minutes away.
There are also two go karting tracks within a 10 minute drive of the villa.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Fly into Lisbon airport and then it is a 45 minute drive. The journey is simple on the A8 motorway.
I will provide detailed directions from Lisbon to Casa Rosa with the booking pack.
All the main car hire companies are based at the airport . I normally use either Hertz, Avis, Europe car or Sixt. I shop for the best rate at time of booking. I have just used a site www.lisbon.com who have hertz car rental and the rates were much lower but you should compare.
I use TAP for flights from London Heathrow as they have so many flights each day, they do also fly from London Gatwick. Easyjet and British airways both also have daily flights to Lisbon.
Activities near Obidos
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
27 Jun 2012
This is undoubtably the most superbly equipped villa we have ever stayed in, it has absolutely everything you can possibly need even though we stayed for a month. As one reviewer said the pictures... more
31 May 2012
I have just started looking at potential locations for my holiday this year and have decided to book Casa Rosa again(subject to availability) I had such a lovely time last year with my parents &... more
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted that you had a great time when you stayed and really pleased that you have decided to book to return again. I hope you find the... more
08 Sep 2011
Casa Rosa was a wonderful place to stay for our two weeks in the Silver Coast area of Portugal. The accommodation is very clean, spacious and homely. The beds were very comfortable and there wasn't anything that you could want that wasn't provided. The pool was cleaned regularly and the accommodation was cleaned after the first week. The outside barbeque was great for those evenings in and the pool with it's steps and shallow and deep ends suited all three of my young children. The surrounding area is very peaceful, with the garden overlooking open contryside, yet close to lots of wonderful beaches and places of interest. All in all you couldn't stay in better self catering accommodation.
Thankyou for the great review. I am delighted that you all enjoyed your two weeks at Casa Rosa and loved the area and the beaches as much as I do. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you again to this beautiful unspoilt area of Portugal some time in the future.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|14 Apr 13||25 May 13||£ 895||£ 190||£ 225||3 Nights|
|25 May 13||13 Jul 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak sumer holidays||13 Jul 13||3 Sep 13||£ 1695||-||-||1 Week|
|3 Sep 13||1 Nov 13||£ 1300||£ 190||£ 225||3 Nights|
|1 Nov 13||15 Dec 13||£ 850||£ 190||£ 225||3 Nights|
|Christmas & New year||15 Dec 13||5 Jan 14||£ 1600||-||-||1 Week|
|Special Offers:||Early Deal||Mon 9 Sep - Mon 7 Oct 2013||£1100.00 / week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer and can be made in GBP or Euros. I am unable to accept payment in other currency than pound sterling or euros.
- During July & August bookings are Saturday to Saturday and charged for full weeks only.
- A cot with bedding and a highchair is available at an additional £35 per week.
- Pool/beach towels available to hire at an additional charge of £5 each towel. This is to cover the laundry.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has received 8 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Portugal (5,552)