House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Fab 4 bedroom villa with private 10mx5m pool.
This delightful modern 4 bedroom family home is a hidden gem on the SIlver Coast of Portugal near the castle town of Óbidos.. Easily accessible just off the A8 at junction 17, it is in a popular yet peaceful rural area far enough from the madding crowds; close to the beaches, town at Caldas da Rainha, supermarkets, restaurants and the A8 motorway for easy access to Lisbon (45 mins) and Leiria (1hr). The villa has a large, open-plan living & dining room, private 10x5m swimming pool, large garage, BBQ courtyard and lovely lawned garden. Ideal for family holidays or long-term let.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Foz D'Arehlo 10 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon 80 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Costa de Prata/Silver Coast/Central Portugal region
The Silver Coast:
The Silver Coast of Portugal is a hidden treasure of beautiful landscapes, stunning beaches, historic castles and ancient monasteries. With the A8 link road to Lisbon and the North it has recently been the most sought-after district in which to invest property. The Óbidos region is surrounded with delightful rustic hilltop villages of white washed cottages, which skirt the market towns of Caldas del Rainha, Bombarral and Torres Vedras as well as the historic port of Peniche and sandy bays of Salir do Porto. Gastronome cuisine trades side-by-side with Portuguese fish specialist haunts and little cafes; Traditional porcelain shops display their wares adjacent to haute couture boutiques. There is something here for everyone of every age: surfing, horse riding, country walks, paragliding, go-carting, and snorkelling, fishing, or simply lazing on one of the many clean sandy beaches! The average temperature in summer is 27c, with the westerly breeze cooling the air on high ground and by the beaches; the winter months see an average of 15c and a fair amount of rain to ensure lush pastures in this green land of plenty.
The local area has plenty to occupy a family of all ages and interests.
• Numerous golf courses
• There is a great choice of beaches
• The Óbidos reservoir and dam is behind the house.
• Óbidos Lagoon. The largest seawater lagoon in Europe and is where the locals go fishing for mussels. Its shallow waters are safe for family bathing.
• Buddha-Eden: Buddha statues and Chinese artefact and peaceful retreat with lake.
• The Silver Coast is alive with surfers and beach-lovers that prefer the challenge of the sea breaking onto the wide sandy beaches, along which one finds many coves in which to protect from the wind!
• An hour drive south is the City of Lisbon with its fascinating architecture, many shops and café life-style.
• To the west of Lisbon is the beautiful port of Cascais, regarded by many as the upmarket place in which to be seen! Expensive boutiques as well as a marina with cafes and restaurants, which could please the most discerning of tastes!
• North of Cascais lies Sintra, an historic castle town full of surprises.
• North of Óbidos are more castles and monasteries at Alcobaça and Bathala, and the famous Fatima is just one hour north.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 1058 properties
- 265 properties
- 186 properties
- 175 properties
- Sao Martinho do Porto
- 168 properties
- 136 properties
- 126 properties
- 73 properties
- 64 properties
- Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club
- 49 properties
- Foz do Arelho
- 31 properties
- Torres Vedras
- 28 properties
- 24 properties
- 19 properties
- Areia Branca
- 17 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- A Dos Cunhados
- 8 properties
- Monte Estoril
- 7 properties
- 7 properties