Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
This cottage welcomes you the moment you enter. “La Casita” is a deceptively large cottage that has a sense of warmth and character throughout. It has been sympathetically renovated and is located in a charming and real Portuguese village of A Dos Negros. The property has outstanding panoramic views over the surrounding countryside and valleys of vineyards, apple and orange groves and the nearby lake. The Living Room benefits from a hand made kitchen and farmhouse dining table. There are high ceilings with original beams, and an open fire giving warmth and comfort on those chilly Portuguese evenings. Bed 1: An airy room with high ceilings and beams with a 3m picture window giving uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside, and French windows leading to the high terrace. The bathroom incorporates a beautiful slipper bath and a “wet room” shower installation. The views from the terrace definitely have the “wow” factor.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Foz D'Arelho 10 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon 80 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Costa de Prata/Silver Coast/Central Portugal region
The Silver Coast of Portugal is a hidden treasure of beautiful landscapes, stunning beaches, historic castles and ancient monasteries. With the A8 link road to Lisbon and the North it has recently been the most sought-after district in which to invest property. The Óbidos region is surrounded with delightful rustic hilltop villages of white washed cottages, which skirt the market towns of Caldas del Rainha, Bombarral and Torres Vedras as well as the historic port of Peniche and sandy bays of Salir do Porto. Gastronome cuisine trades side-by-side with Portuguese fish specialist haunts and little cafes; Traditional porcelain shops display their wares adjacent to haute couture boutiques. There is something here for everyone of every age: surfing, horse riding, country walks, paragliding, go-carting, and snorkelling, fishing, or simply lazing on one of the many clean sandy beaches! The average temperature in summer is 27c, with the westerly breeze cooling the air on high ground and by the beaches; the winter months see an average of 15c and a fair amount of rain to ensure lush pastures in this green land of plenty.
The village of A Dos Negros, just 1km below has a local village shop, post office, doctor's surgery and three cafes. Caldas da Rainha is within easy reach and is the main shopping town and has an early morning fruit & veg market and a fabulous Monday market.
The beaches of Foz D'Arelho are 10km away with easy reach via the A8 motorway.
• Numerous golf courses
• There is a great choice of beaches
• Óbidos Lagoon. The largest seawater lagoon in Europe and is where the locals go fishing for mussels. Its shallow waters are safe for family bathing.
• Buddha-Eden: Buddha statues and Chinese artefact and peaceful retreat with lake.
• The Silver Coast is alive with surfers and beach-lovers that prefer the challenge of the sea breaking onto the wide sandy beaches, along which one finds many coves in which to protect from the wind!
• An hour drive south is the City of Lisbon with its fascinating architecture, many shops and café life-style.
• To the west of Lisbon is the beautiful port of Cascais, regarded by many as the upmarket place in which to be seen! Expensive boutiques as well as a marina with cafes and restaurants, which could please the most discerning of tastes!
• North of Cascais lies Sintra, an historic castle town full of surprises.
• North of Óbidos are more castles and monasteries at Alcobaça and Bathala, and the famous Fatima is just one hour north.