from £48 /night help
Townhouse | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Completed in 2006, the Casa 49 (Phase 1) Townhouse is furnished and equipped to a high standard for the discerning self catering holiday maker. Located adjacent to Hoyo 14 on the splendid Nuevo Portil Golf Course, our home is within a 10 minute walk to some of the best beaches that Spain has to offer.
This area of the Costa de la Luz (often referred to as "Secret Spain") with its protected pine forests, coastal marshes and sand dunes remains relatively unspoilt with a marked absence of high rise developments. Yet within easy reach are the traditional shops, bars and restaurants that complement this ideal Spanish holiday location.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Nuevo Portil 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||400 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Faro 100 km, Nearest railway: Huelva 18 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Children's pool|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
* The large lounge / dining area opens onto the planted patio area leading via a gate to the extensive communal pool and gardens. Eat outdoors at the table and chairs provided, or relax in the late morning, afternoon and evening sunshine.
* The first floor Master Bedroom and the second floor Bedroom come with large private terrace balconies overlooking the pool with views across the Hoyo 14 fairway to the park and children's play area. Both balconies are equipped with sunloungers, chairs and a table - ideal locations to watch the sun go down equipped with a gin and tonic or a glass of the local wine.
* Casa 49 is designed and equipped ideally to accommodate up to six persons. In addition, a single folding bed and a baby cot can be made available on request.
|Further details outdoors|
* Comunidad Hoyo 14 is a private and secure "Gated Community" accesible by electronic key fob only.
* Convenient lay-by car parking is available on Avenida Pedro Alvarado or alternatively, a secure parking space can be made available in the underground (Basement) garage.
* In common with all recent and similar Developments in Spain, the Communal Pool is only available from mid-May to mid-September between the hours of 11am and 3:00pm and again from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm. By law and for your safety, a lifeguard is on duty during these hours. Use of the pools and gardens is not permitted outside these specified hours.
* In case of an electrical or other failure/breakdown our local English Speaking Agent can be called-out.
* A Non-refundable Deposit of £100 is required to reserve and secure your accommodation. The Balance of the Rental Fee must be paid six weeks before your arrival.
* An additional Breakage Fee of £100 is payable with the Balance of your Rental Fee. This will be refunded within 14 days of the end of your stay subject to an Inventory check and confirmation that no damage or breakages have occurred.
* Air Conditioning (Cooling in Summer and Heating in Winter) is available as an "Optional Extra" at a cost of £35 per week
* A Baby Cot, High Chair and Safety Gate can be rented if required
* A Basic Welcome Pack can be provided "on request" in time for your arrival, but at extra cost .
* Smoking is not premitted anywhere in the house or on its patio or balconies.
* Pet animals are also not permitted.
The Andalucia region
This part of Costa de la Luz ("The Spanish Algarve") is characterised by unspoilt and protected coastal pine forests, sand dunes and salt marshes. Well known for its wide variety of migratory birds, it is not uncommon to see flamingoes and storks on the local river estuaries and marshlands. Close by is the El Cota Donana National Park (a World Heritage Site) accessible by guided tour only and one of the last refuges for the European Linx.
Inland, the Huelva Region is renowned for its early strawberries and as one Spain's most important areas for the production of citrus fruits - particularly oranges. It is also a wine producing area specialising in white wine production.
On the Portuguese border you will find the charming town of Ayamonte from where you can cross the Guardiana River by ferry (for a couple of Euros) to spend time in the ancient fortress town of Villa Real de Santa Antonio. Or travel inland to visit the picturesque "Pueblos Blancos" or "white villages" common to Andalucia.
Historically, Christopher Columbus set sail from this area on his voyage of discovery to America and the Rio Tinto Mining Company used the port of Huelva to export its locally mined mineral wealth all over the world.
Seville with its Cathederal, Giralda Tower and Palaces is one hour away by car and is literally steeped in Spanish history. It is a also a centre for the production of traditional ceramics and probably offers the best shopping centre in the Province.
The Costa de la Luz - literally the Coast of Light - enjoys an average of 320 days of sunshine each year, but the on-shore Atlantic Ocean breezes help to make summers less oppresive than on the Meditteranean Coast. Spring and Autumn are the ideal seasons for golfers and walkers.
Perhaps best of all are the miles of unspoilt soft sandy beaches on which to spend lazy days in the sun. No doubt it is this that makes the Costa de la Luz so special.
Nuevo Portil lies towards the end of the estuary of the Rio Piedras between the fishing village of El Rompido and the township of El Portil. There are shops, bars and restaurants, a recently opened Four Star Playa Cartaya Hotel plus, of course, the splendid beaches - all within easy walking distance from Casa 49.
The estuary, with its newly built marinas on the Rio Piedras and in El Rompido, is home to literally hundreds of boats. In summer a frequent daily ferry service crosses the estuary from several designated "Transbordador" or Ferry crossing points to the protected "La Flecha" sandspit. This provides direct access to the Atlantic Ocean and even more (almost) deserted beaches.
The fishing village of El Rompido is home to several excellent bars - some of which offer traditional Tapas menus. There are quite a number of excellent fish and seafood restaurants located on the river front (and elsewhere in the village) offering freshly caught fish, locally grown produce and regional wines. The Hotel San Miguel (on the outskirts of the village) is the location of an excellent Argentinian steak house offering excellent views over the Rio Piedras estuary.
Close by, on the road to Cartaya, there is a Water Park (open in the high summer season only) and a Go-karting Track. On the outskirts of Cartaya you will find the huge Carrefour Hypermarket offering everything from a wide variety of food items to household goods and clothing.
In the opposite direction, the township of El Portil offers shops, a small supermarket, cafes, bars and many small restaurants whilst further away, the town of Punta Umbria is more of a commercial holiday resort.
A short car ride away lies the Provincial Capital of Huelva with its bull ring, pedestrianised shopping area, excellent local fish market and many bars, tapas bars and restaurants - well worth a visit.
For the golfers there are several excellent courses nearby. As well as our own Nuevo Portil course, there are two excellent courses at El Rompido Golf Club and the "must play " Bellavista Golf Club is the oldest golf club in Spain. Close to Bellavista Golf Club is the La Monacilla Golf Club situated in the pine forest on the outskirts of Corrales. Green Fees tend to be lower than in Portugal and other parts of Spain yet, in our opinion, the quality of the courses is just as good and the gently undulating terrain ideal for golfers of all abilities.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
63% Response rate
Calendar last updated:13 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- 271 properties
- Sanlucar de Barrameda
- 208 properties
- 138 properties
- 134 properties
- 109 properties
- Isla Cristina
- 99 properties
- El Portil
- 96 properties
- La Antilla
- 70 properties
- Punta del Moral
- 47 properties
- Punta Umbria
- 42 properties
- 37 properties
- El Rompido
- 31 properties
- 26 properties
- 26 properties
- 23 properties
- 19 properties
- Nuevo Portil
- 16 properties
- 8 properties
- Rocio, El
- 7 properties
- Sanlucar De Guadiana
- 6 properties