Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Rustic house in the Sicilian countryside, 10 minutes drive from the Natural Reserve of Vendicari, well connected to Marzamemi, the ancient Tuna fish village, by a newly built road illuminated and equipped with sidewalks through which you can walk to the beach in 10 minutes and to Marzamemi in 15 minutes. The house has a large living room with sofa bed, two double bedrooms, a bathroom, a single bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Kitchen with oven, fridge and washing machine, large veranda, barbecue, outdoor shower and private parking.
The property is perfectly positioned between the most beautiful beaches of the Mediterranean, such as Spinazza (adjacent to Marzamemi), Capo Passero, the Isle of currents, Calamosche and Vendicari, and the Baroque towns of the "Val di Noto": Ragusa Ibla, Modica, Scicli, Ispica, Noto and Siracusa, which certainly is a must-stop enriched by the archaeological area with the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysius etc.
Noto reached in 20 minutes by car is the city symbol of Baroque, the capital of one of the three provinces of Sicily until 1600, was destroyed by an earthquake and completely rebuilt in the style that made her famous all over the world.
...and last but not least Marzamemi the ancient Tuna Fish village: a real jewel!
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Spinazza 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||800 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Catania 100 km, Nearest railway: Noto 21 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (2)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
The Sicily region
Sicily is the largest of the Italian islands, separated from the Continent by the Strait of Messina and surrounded by the Ionian, the Tyrrhenian and the Mediterranean Seas.
It is one of the pearls of Southern Italy and can be discovered, understood and experienced through a series of itineraries dedicated to areas of interest ranging from nature to history and traditions.
Nature seems to have endowed all its wonders to this land: mountains, hills and above all the sea, with its incredible colors, its crystal-clear water and the beauty of its seabeds, in no way inferior to those of other seas.
Here, the Mediterranean Sea, with its many little islands scattered around the coasts of Sicily - The Aeolians, Egadi and Pelagie Islands, Pantelleria and Ustica - offers unique and the intense sceneries, scents and flavors of uncontaminated nature.
Last but not least, its great volcanoes are symbols of the irresistible beauty and vitality of this incredibly charming region.
Fascination for this region grows with treasured archaeological sites that tell the story of the ancient origins of Trinacria (ancient name for Sicily).
The provinces of the region are: Palermo (regional capital), Agrigento, Catania, Caltanissetta, Enna, Messina, Ragusa, Siracusa and Trapani.
This group of towns in south-eastern Sicily represents the culmination and final flowering of Baroque art in Europe. The exceptional quality of the late Baroque art and architecture in the Val di Noto lies in its geographical and chronological homogeneity, as well as its quantity, the result of the 1693 earthquake in this region. The towns were all in existence in medieval times, characteristically around a castle and with monastic foundations. Most seem to have been changing during the 16th and 17th centuries and then been affected differentially by the 1693 earthquake.
Caltagirone is significant for its multifaceted town planning and architectural facades, and for its unusual link between the pre- and post-1693 periods. Its rich architecture exists inside an urban context resulting from the configuration of the site. The most important buildings include the churches of Santa Maria del Monte, St James the Apostle, St Joseph, St Dominic, the Holy Saviour, St Chiara and St Rita, Jesus, St Stephen, and St Francis of Assisi and, among secular buildings, the Corte Capitanale, Civic Museum, former Pawnshop, and San Francesco Bridge.
Militello Val di Catania is significant for its wealth of architecture from the 14th century onwards, and for the outstanding 17th-century walled pre-earthquake town plan which was in the vanguard of Sicilian feudal towns and was then faithfully followed in the late Baroque reconstruction. Principal buildings include the churches of San Nicolò and Santa Maria della Stella, the latter completed in 1741 on the site of St Anthony the Abbot and the former in the San Leonardo area.
Catania acquired a particular quality of urban design when it was rebuilt on a comprehensive, geometric unitary plan amid the rubble of the destroyed city. At its core are the outstanding Piazza del Duomo and the Via dei Crociferi, together with the nearby Badia de Sant'Agata, Collegiata, Benedictine monastery, and Palazzo Biscari.
Modica consists of two urban centres, the older perched on the rocky top of the southern Ibeli hill, the other rebuilt further downhill after the 1693 earthquake with imposing and conspicuous urban monuments such as the Cathedral of St George and the Church of St Peter.
Noto is on two levels, an upper part on the plateau and a lower, newer part on the slope below. The latter accommodates the buildings of the nobility and the religious complexes of the 18th century, the topography, town plan and architecture combining to create a spectacular 'Baroque stage set'. It includes nine religious complexes and numerous palazzi.
Palazzolo has two centres, the medieval one on which a new town was reconstructed on the old site but along a new axis, and a post-1693 'new town' developed along a crescent up to the earliest site of all, the Greek Akrai. The two churches of St Sebastian and Saints Peter and Paul were largely rebuilt after 1693, the latter the centre of the old nobility, the former marking the quarter of the new urban classes.
Ragusa, the ancient Ibla, is built over three hills separated by a deep valley. It, too, consists of two centres, one rebuilt on the old medieval layout and the other, Upper Ragusa, newly built after 1693. It contains nine major churches and seven major palazzi, all Baroque.
In Scicli the Via Francesco Mormina Penna stretches to the nearby Beneventano palace, perhaps the only one in Sicily to display fantastic decoration, in an urban setting where churches rise alongside patrician buildings of late Baroque age. Three churches (St John the Evangelist, St Michael and St Teresa) are from the 18th century.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in Italy
- 625 properties
- 394 properties
- 258 properties
- 143 properties
- 134 properties
- 128 properties
- Marina di Ragusa
- 94 properties
- 35 properties
- Santa Croce Camerina
- 23 properties
- Aci Trezza
- 20 properties
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- Ragusa Ibla
- 9 properties
- Palazzolo Acreide
- 8 properties
- Piazza Armerina
- 8 properties
- 6 properties