Studio | No Bedrooms | sleeps 2
Emerald Beach Resort opened for Summer 2007. It is located on the beach front within the small town of Ravda and close to the historic resort of Nessebur. The complex comprises of five wings and two villas, all set around two large swimming pools and separate childrens pools. All buildings are named and tastefully decorated with the orient in mind, creating an environment of comfort and luxury wherever you turn. Emerald offers a fantastic on-site selection of bars and restaurants, as well as a health and fitness centre with an indoor swimming pool that is breathtaking. Sunny Beach, a lively and bustling resort is just 5 minute taxi ride away from the complex.
Sports & Recreation
Sports & RecreationEmerald boasts the largest water facility of its kind in Bulgaria (on a total area of 2500 sq. m (26,000 sq ft) The complex consists of three independent heated swimming pools:
- The Blue Lagoon – the largest of the three pools, with water cascades and a sunbathing area.
- Kid's pool – situated in the Mowgli's Corner.
- Horizon – a family swimming pool, between Madras Building and Ikat Building.
• Indoor Swimming Pool – a 22 m. long heated swimming pool for year-round enjoyment.
• Garden of Youth Wellness Centre – providing the perfect environment to ease away all your aches and pains– infrared sauna, massage, solarium, therapeutic massage, ice room and fitness gym.
Other Services Include
• 24/7 Medical Service
• 24/7 Security
• Shops and Boutiques
• Underground parking for 80 cars
• Convenient outdoor parking
Bars and restaurants
• Queen of Asia Restaurant - the main restaurant of the complex. It will serve a variety of cuisines in separate dining rooms. A Coffee Bar will adjoin and connect to the restaurant. Orders could be made à la carte or from the Chef's offering of full-course menus.
• Drake's Grill Bar – situated in the garden of the complex. The bar will offer you a large selection of tasty food, drinks and cocktails.
• Magellan's Grill Bar – with a beautiful sea view, next to a swimming pool. The bar will serve fresh fish or meat dishes for lunch or dinner, and a variety of small snack between meals.
• Nemo's Pool Bar – on the territory of the Blue Lagoon swimming pool. This swim-in and dry-seat bar will offer cool drinks and exotic refreshments.
• Raffles Bar – this lounge bar will offer a rich wine selection, the best beers from the world's most famous breweries, infinite choice of spirits, rare cocktails, and exclusive refreshments in an exotic South-eastern atmosphere.
• Open Sea Piano Bar – a lounge with marvelous view of the Black Sea and of the Old city of Nessebar.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, Studio|
|Nearest beach||Ravda 100 m|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Burgas 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Sauna, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool, Children's pool|
|General||Air conditioning, Table tennis, Games room, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Rooms||1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool, Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, Bicycles available|
The Black Sea Coast region
Ravda Village is situated approximately 33 km past Burgas and 4 km before Nesebar. Despite its proximity to big resorts such as Slanchev bryag (Sunny Beach) and Nesebar, Ravda remains a quiet place with a nice beach suitable for people of all ages. It is an especially popular holiday destination for families with children.
There are many legends that tell the story of how the village was founded and how it got its name. One legend has it that centuries ago shepherds settled in the region and the place was named after one of them - Ravadin. Another legend says that long time ago these lands belonged to a bad landowner who used to beat his workers with a stick called ravdas. Most interesting is the legend according to which the god Neptune fell in love with a beautiful girl called Ravdalina and wished to take her to the depths of the sea with him, but she refused. Infuriated by her reaction, the god sent a water storm to destroy the village, but the other gods prevented the disaster. Thus the big waves formed numerous coves.
An interesting place to visit in Ravda is the Church of St. Paraskevi. It was built in 1884 by two Greeks, Vasilios and Teodorakis, who worked together with the local people. The temple was restored in 1998.
Ravda beach spreads out on an area of 57 000 sq m and is divided in two by Cape Ravda. The southern beach attracts tourists with its nice sand, clean sea water, and various forms of entertainment, while the northern beach offers a quiet relaxing atmosphere. Ravda provides visitors with many opportunities to practice water sports such as diving, jet skiing, yachting, windsurfing, etc.
Ravda's immediate proximity to Nesebar, Slanchev bryag, Sveti Vlas, Elenite, and Aheloy allows for a varied holiday. People who are interested in cultural tourism can visit Nesebar. Slanchev bryag, which is famous for the various forms of entertainment it offers, is also nearby. Those who want variety can go to a different beach every day. The resorts are connected to each other by regular transport and the rides are very short.
Ravda provides many accommodation opportunities: there are hotel complexes, apartments, family hotels, rental rooms, etc. There are also many restaurants in the village and the majority of them serve seafood.