from £47 /night help
House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
- More photos and information at languedocvacationhome.ca
- Exposed beams and stone walls in a beautifully restored and tastefully furnished "maison de village" in the centre of a medieval village (12th c.).
- Absolutely stunning views over the roofs and vineyards from the perfectly private and well equipped roof terrace.
- The terrace is ideal for an afternoon of sunning, a relaxing glass of wine after a hard day's touring, a romantic "al fresco" dinner, or even sleeping under the stars.
- Two large double bedrooms each with its own en suite bathroom.
- Additional single bedroom
- Additional WC with hand basin
- Fully equipped kitchen and large bright dining room that comfortably seats six.
- Upstairs comfy salon with flat screen TV (French and UK channels).
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Barrage des Olivettes 5 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||50 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beziers 30 km, Nearest railway: Beziers 27 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
Please note that there are 3 staircases - the top one from salon to roof terrace is steep!
|Further details outdoors|
The sun terrace is well equipped with chairs, tables, 2 sunbeds.
Parking is available in the village square - 50m away.
We are happy to discuss any details by phone or email, and try to fit in with your arrangements and requirements.
Minimum booking is one week.
There is a 50€/week reduction for the 2nd and subsequent weeks
There is also a refundable 200€ security deposit.
We accept payment in any of the following formats:
Wire or EFT to our accounts in Euros, $C or $US.
Cheques in $C or $US.
Paypal in $C, $US or Euros
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
- Herault is the land of 300 days of bright Mediterranean sun - with so much to do for everyone.
- A half hours drive south will take you to miles and miles of sandy Mediterranean beaches. While you are there, take in great seafood restaurants and perhaps a boat tour of the oyster beds near Sete.
- Fresh water swimming is available within 10 minutes of Libellule at the Barrage des Olivettes.
- Go north to Lake Salagou for hiking trails, and more swimming, or to the Cevennes National Park with the incredibly scenic caves - Aven Armand and Grotte des Demoiselles.
- Take a trip to Montpellier. The lively old centre is full of shops, cafes and amazing restaurants - and no cars. The Musee Fabre is one of the most important fine arts museums in France.
- A little further is Nimes - with its Roman arena (the best preserved example in existence, and still in use), the Maison Carree and the nearby Pont du Gard - a 2000 year old aqueduct that is truly awesome.
- One of our favourite places in this area is Aigues Mortes - a lovely medieval French town, surrounded by well preserved ramparts, filled with great art shops, a market (Wednesdays and Sundays) and close to the Salins du Midi where you can tour the salt beds
- Further east, there is Arles (a world heritage site with its Roman theatre and arena), and Avignon with another Roman theatre and the renowned Palais des Papes.
- And then there is Carcassonne - a medieval fortified town that is one of France's premier tourist attractions. Just over an hour west - for what will certainly be one of the highlights of your visit.
- We have put together quite a bit of travel information on the region at our website languedocvacationhome.ca
- Neffies is a lovely friendly medieval town. Our home, Libellule is just metres away from the town centre with its epicerie, cafe and bakery. Les Goutailles is a wonderful restaurant.
- Drive in any direction from Neffies and you will be surrounded by vineyards with endless tasting opportunities.
- Pezenas with its craft and art shops, antique retailers, cafe-bars and restaurants is about 10 minutes from Neffies. It has changed little since it was adopted by Moliere with its 17th c. town mansions and 16th c. bourgeois dwellings. In summer, it is alive with festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- On Saturdays, Pezenas features one of the biggest outdoor markets in the area.
- Around Pezenas are many "Villages Circulades" - traditional villages built in concentric circles, often around a chateau or church. You feel like you are waking through a history book.
- Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert is one of the "Plus Beaux Villages de France", a world heritage site, and one of our favourites.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
23 Sep 2014
"Charming base for exploring the region"
We spent one week here as a couple and the second week with friends. The house is as charming as the village, which is so pretty and has not one, but two wonderful restaurants! The amenities were gr… More
17 Sep 2014
A house with every thing you could want for a relaxed holiday, situated in the centre of a village that was a pleasure to explore. The countryside was sublime making trips out a genuine pleasure.Renti… More
8 Jun 2014
"We loved Libellule"
We stayed here for a week and had a wonderful time. The house itself is very well located, just off the main square and is very comfortable, with all we could want. It was a home away from home. All … More
13 Apr 2014
"All you could ask for!"
We have spent the past many many summers renting houses all over France and have had mostly very positive experiences. Renting Libellule in Neffiès was one of the easiest rental transactions we have… More
4 Apr 2014
"Charming House, Great Location for Touring"
We travel to France pretty much every year, summer or winter, and usually book holiday rental homes - touring different regions of the country.The booking process was easy, house exactly as listed, an… More
21 Jan 2014
"The location was restful and sightseeing awesome!!"
A lovely house that is comfortable for relaxing. The roof top garden is a delightful get away for reading. We enjoyed the quaint village with local bakery and restaurants . Day trips for sightseein… More
17 Jan 2014
"Libellule: Christmas with Old World Charm and Modern Comforts"
Our family is living in Scotland, and we were looking for a Christmas vacation destination in France where our family could relax and enjoy being in a small town, while still being situated close to p… More
9 Nov 2013
"A peaceful beautiful house in a lovely village"
This is a truly lovely house and the village and environs are beautiful. The house is well equipped and has an interesting layout. It has the feel of a typical french holiday house. The local people a… More
28 Oct 2013
"Home away from home!"
Staying at Libellule was like having a home away from home with all of the comforts. The residents of the small rural village of Neffies were very friendly and welcoming. We found our vacation to be… More
24 Jun 2013
"Ideal Location for Exploring Languedoc"
This was our first time exploring this fascinating area of France and it was simply wonderful. Libellule made the perfect base location. It is a quiet haven in the scenic town of Neffies with easy a… More
You're booking with
Susan and Peter T.
- 2 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Oct 2014
Based in United States
- Skype name
- Visit site
- 1900 properties
- 242 properties
- 171 properties
- 35 properties
- 31 properties
- 29 properties
- 22 properties
- Clermont l'Herault-old
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- Lamalou Les Bains-old
- 11 properties
- St Genies de Fontedit-old
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Cazouls les Beziers-old
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Montpeyroux, Herault-old
- 6 properties