Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Es Vela de Muro is a beautiful and quiet village located about 4 km. of the long sandy beach of the Bay of Alcudia (Ca'n Picafort and Albufera). One of the best beaches of the Mediterranean area because of its natural beauty, its fine sand and its favorable climate, and which also provides all kinds of restaurants, bars, shops, restaurants, sports and entertainment (water parks).
The villa Es Vela de Muro is very close to all this paradise but you can also get it from its terraces. From the upper side of this villa you can admire the magnificent view of the Albufera Natural Park, the mountains of Serra de Tramuntana cataloged as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and the silhouette of the bays of Alcudia and Pollensa.
The Villa Es Vela de Muro comprised of 14,000 m2 distributed in buildings, gardens and pool. The house, built in 2 levels, has a surface area of 248 m2.
On the ground floor, there is a large living room - dining room with access to the porch and pool. Here we can find the sofa area, fireplace, satellite TV and Internet, and a large and elegant dining table.
Right there we find a fully equipped kitchen with ceramic hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge freezer ..., and direct access to the terrace.
Also on the ground floor there is a spacious bedroom with a double bed (150 x 190 cm), aircon and a bathroom en suite.
On the first floor we can find two bedrooms with twin beds each (beds 90 x 190 cm.), two family bathrooms and a double bedroom (bed 150 x 190 cm.). Every bedroom have air conditioning and access to the terrace.
The Villa Es Vela de Muro has a sunny and peaceful swimming pool of 5 x 8 m. surrounded by deck chairs and sun loungers, and a garden. There is also a barbecue grill and a table tennis.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Can Picafort 7 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Son Sant Joan 55 km, Nearest railway: Sa Pobla 9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
The Mallorca/Majorca region
Can Picafort is was small fishing port, which nowadays has become a quiet touristy place that still keeps the essence of what it was. There is an interesting pedestrian path of few kilometers that goes all around the coast line (beach, port with sports boats and some old traditional fishing boats, and rocky area). In the other hand you will find many terraces, bars and restaurants from where take a pleasant aroma with a breeze, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlours and clothing stores.
In Can Picafort, not far away from the house, you will find some special beaches such as Son Baulo (sandy beach with some other small and empty beaches and the rest of Son Real the phoenician civilization on mallorca) or Es Comu (the beach that belows to the natural park of S'Albufera) or simply the main beach of Can Picafort where you will find many options to enjoy the beach and attractions.
About beaches you can also find some other really interesting at both sides of Can Picafort, Arta and Alcudia, both places at less than 20 minutes driving.
But if there is somewhere to visit for nature lovers and S'Albufereta S'Albufera are two of the largest wetlands of ecological importance of the Balearic Islands, and its environs, and that meet an interesting plant and animal life.
At 2 miles from the house you can find the rest of Son Real, the phoenician culture in Mallorca, also there are some talaiots where the ancient Majorcan lived more than 2000 years ago. At 10 miles from the house you will find the old town of Alcúdia, called the faithful city in Christian times, the name is Arabic and Roman footprint. A past forged between them in a privileged enclave in the north of Mallorca. Situated close to the Sierra de Tramontana, Alcúdia has his back to the farm and rural Mallorca, and bathe his feet the waters of two bays, the north of Pollença and Alcúdia east. Alcúdia is located in the middle of this area of contrasts, between the stone wall of the Serra and the sandy coves of the bay alcudiense between the north wind, sea and inland.
The surrounding of Villa Es Vela de Muro is plenty of options, attractions, activities to do and places to visit.
LOCAL PLACES TO VISIT:
- The phoenician rest of Son Real
- Talaiotical villages like Ses Paises
- The Roman city of Pollentia, founded in 123 BC
- The Roman theater, exceptional for being carved into the stone.
- City of Alcúdia medieval, walled enclosure within which lies the village of Alcudia.
- Fundación Yannick and Ben Jakober with an interesting collection of portraits of children.
- Monographic Museum of Pollentia.
- Museum of the Parish Church of Sant Jaume.
- Natural Park S'Albufera. The biggest natural park of the Balearic Island at only 3 miles.
- Natural Park S'Albufereta.
INTERESTING BEACHES IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
- Can Picafort beach which is a part of the Bay of Alcudia, the biggest fine sandy beach of the Balearic Island is just downstairs. In this beach you will find many facilities and services (sunbeds, umbrellas, sailing school, attractions, bars, parking, restaurants, and many attractions specially recommend for the children)
- Quiet beaches such Son Baulo and surroundings and Es Comu.
- Naturist beaches as Es Coll Baix.
- Windy beaches for practising sports such windsurfing or kite-surfing as Platja de Muro or Can Cap de Bou
ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS:
- Horse riding during the day or night in the surroundings
- Walk along the protected areas of Ermita de la Victoria, and Penya S'Atalaia des Migdia (highly recommended)
- Excursion to the Caves of Menorca by boat (underground caves unexplored)
- Hidropark water park (slides, wave pool, miniature golf, ... )
- Costa Cruises to sail north. There are boat trips (cruises Brisas)
- Alcanada Golf Course, 18 holes opened in 2004
- Hang-gliding and paragliding from Puig de Sant Martí (mountains where thermal currents allow the practice of these sports)
- Marinas and Donaire of Can Picafort, Alcudiamar,...
- Cycling (starting point to climb the Serra de Tramuntana, Alcúdia has areas with bike lane)
- Municipal sports facilities (soccer field artificial turf, covered pavilion with terraces, swimming pool deck building, gym, ...)
SURROUNDINGS OF THE HOUSE:
Enjoy the small fishing port of Can Picafort and walk around the pedestrian path that goes all around the coast line. Enjoy the terraces, bars and restaurants from where take a pleasant aroma with a breeze, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlours and clothing stores.
Enjoy the beaches such as Son Baulo, Es Comu or the main beach of Can Picafort where you will find many options to enjoy the beach and attractions.
Enjoy the fiestas and celebrities that goes on during all the summer in Can Picafort and the surroundings.