Villa | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 12
Welcome to Villa Monte a six bedroom historical villa in the countryside of Montepulciano, a vibrant city at the heart of the Siena region of Tuscany.
The villa has breathtaking views of Montepulciano and is surrounded as far as the eye can see by vineyards that produce some of the finest wine of the region.
The bella vista also includes views of Cortona and the historical center of Chianciano Terme, a city built on ancient hot springs and thermal baths.
Encircled by cypress trees, Villa Monte is open to guests, and we invite you to visit and share an enchanting experience.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, TV|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 6 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (6)|
|Further details indoors|
Villa Monte is a picturesque 6 bedroom villa that sleeps up to 12 and offers a full Tuscan experience. The villa has breath-taking views of Montepulciano and Cortona and is surrounded as far as the eye can see by vineyards that produce some of the finest wine in the region.
Originally built in the 1850?s as part of a large wine and olive oil producing estate, the villa has recently been carefully restored, respecting the traditions and original materials of Tuscany.
The villa is decorated with a timeless, classic Italian style that combines country charm with modern luxuries such as air conditioning in all bedrooms, and spacious bedrooms and showers. There is a Wi-Fi network, TV and DVD player available to guests.
On the ground level there are 3 large air conditioned bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms, a family-style kitchen with large six burner stove and the ?great room?. The great room is characterized by brick arches that span the length and width of the room and connects two living room areas and a dining room with comfortable over-stuffed furniture that provides a get-together point for families and friends.
Upstairs, is found two more very spacious air conditioned bedrooms both with generous in-suite bathrooms (one with a large corner bathtub and shower). Also, upstairs is another living room to relax and second fully equipped kitchen with fireplace and grill. Finally, the sixth bedroom, also en-suite and air conditioned, is located in a guest cottage next to the main villa, and with a small living room and sofa bed sleeps up to three.
|Further details outdoors|
Villa Monte has a 10x5 meter swimming pool that benefits from full sun from sunrise to sunset, and with spectacular views of Montepulciano and Cortona and also of the vineyards in the valley below Villa Monte. There are several terraces and covered patio areas, all highlighting different aspects of the panorama, to enjoy al fresco dining.
- Internet access
- TV and DVD player
- Air conditioning in each bedroom
- Washing machine
- Al fresco dining on large terrace and other smaller patios, umbrellas for shade.
- Help yourself to the fruit orchard (May through September various fruits in season).
The Tuscany region
Villa Monte is in an ideal location for visitors to enjoy the best of Tuscany. Just a 10 minute car ride to historic Montepulciano, 15-30 minute ride away to beautiful cities such as Montalcino and Pienza and within an hour drive of Siena and Florence. Villa Monte is in Montepulciano, which is the closest beautiful Tuscan city to Rome - the airport most popular for international flights to Italy.
There is something for everyone, and we are happy to help connect you to local events or help you plan daytrips. Here are a few ideas:
For Food Lover
Montepulciano and surrounding areas will live up to all your highest expectations. Villa Monte is located on the Strada del Vino Nobile (designated scenic country wine road), and the villa enjoys views of vineyards that produce the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, D.O.C.G (highest quality official rating). We welcome visitors to participate in a wine tasting or wine production lesson at the villa, upon request, free of charge given by the owner, who is a trained sommelier in Montalcino, Tuscany.
The following are a few suggestions, and we are happy to provide more information:
- Wine tasting and cantina tours in Montepulciano (Vino Nobile di Montepulciano) and Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino)
- Wine tasting event at the villa featuring local producers (upon request)
- Visit of sheep farm and cheese tasting in Pienza
- We are happy to suggest local restaurants to taste traditional Tuscan fare such as pici pasta, wild boar, local wines and cheeses
Lovers of Nature and the Outdoors
Enjoy the healthy lifestyle Tuscany has to offer with outdoor activities. Villa Monte provides a perfect place to enjoy long nature walks, runs and bike rides. We are happy to provide local maps and help you develop a route for any of these activities, we can even point out a few good stopping points for taking photographs or re-energizing with a glass of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano wine!
The following are a few suggestions, and we are happy to provide more information
- Scenic nature walks and hiking through countryside surrounding Villa Monte.
- Bike rides to Montepulciano and surrounding hilltop villages and cities
- Bike rides in the Chiana valley flatlands and migratory bird reserve of Lake Montepulciano and Lake Chiusi.
- There are local shops that rent professional grade bicycles for those that are interested, we can help arrange.
- Swimming in the warm waters and beautiful scenery of Trasimeno Lake
Art and Historical Trips
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful scenic drives in Tuscany along the road between Montepulciano, Pienza(14km/9miles) and Montalcino(17km/10mies from Pienza);
- Visit Florence (90km/55miles) the centre of Renaissance Art. Montepulciano was historically aligned with Florence and was of relevant importance as the southern most important city aligned with Florence in its battle with Siena for domination of the Tuscan countryside. The support to Florence is evidenced by the Marzocco monument (flying lion, and one of the symbols of Florence) at the entrance of Montepulciano.
- Siena (45km/28miles), one of the most important republics of Tuscany, challenger for Florence?s domination politically and artistically, which is at its peak in July and August for the world-famous Palio horserace between neighbourhoods.
- Cortona (28km/18miles from Villa Monte) is a beautiful hilltown, with impressive architecture well-known as the setting for such books as ?Under the Tuscan Sun?
- Etruscan tombs and the museum of archaeology in Chiusi (5km/3.5miles)
Besides the amenities of our villa and vineyard, visitors should consider a daytrip to one of the thermal baths near Montepulciano. Visitors can enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, or just enjoy the hot mineral baths which many say have healing properties.
- Chianciano Terme is just 6 kilometres/4 miles from Villa Monte and is one of the most famous spa areas in Tuscany benefiting from several hot springs.
- Another thermal bath with historical importance is Bagno Vignoni, located only 22km/14 miles from Villa Monte.
- Terme di Saturnia (80km/50miles)
For Movie Buffs
Enjoy the landscape that made several movies. We can arrange sightseeing to background scenery that were part of several famous movies shot in Montepulciano or nearby. Watch the movies first as we will have many on hand at Villa Monte ready for DVD viewing. Famous movies shot in or near Montepulciano:
- Gladiator (2000)
- Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)
- Twighlight / New Moon (2009)
- 007 Quantum of Solace (2008)
- The English Patient (1996)
- Life is Beautiful (1998)
- Stealing Beauty (1996)
- Fellini?s Otto e Mezzo (1963)
Villa Monte is perched in the Montepulciano countryside with easy access to the historical city center of Montepulciano, often referred to, as the ?gem of Tuscany?. The city was founded by an Etruscan King, has 2000 years of history, which can be experienced by guests while visiting Etruscan Tombs and impressive renaissance architecture. Montepulciano and surrounding cities offer an interesting history lesson from many important stages in world history such as Etruscan and Roman periods, and the Renaissance.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
7 Oct 2013
"High Price, Low Standard"
Four of us arrived ahead of the rest, we came via Montepulciano. Even with the three non-driving as look out it was very difficult to find the last turn off. The road from that turn off was rough, u… More
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 1 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 127 properties
- 102 properties
- Castiglione del Lago
- 95 properties
- 92 properties
- 81 properties
- 76 properties
- Foiano della Chiana
- 53 properties
- 49 properties
- San Giovanni d'Asso
- 34 properties
- 31 properties
- Citta della Pieve
- 29 properties
- 28 properties
- Val di Chiana
- 28 properties
- 26 properties
- Torrita di Siena
- 21 properties
- Chianciano Terme
- 20 properties
- 18 properties
- Bagno Vignoni
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- Castiglione d'Orcia
- 8 properties