Authentic countryside villa
Trullo | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Villa Rotondo is a completely renovated gorgeous villa in Monopoli's the countryside dating back to the 1600s.
It is composed of 3 double bedrooms (two of them with air conditioning on the first floor and the other in a traditional trullo), bathroom with a large shower, fully equipped kitchen with satellite TV and dining area. The external area is well equipped with outdoor furniture. The ancient olive trees ensure shade and fresh air during the hot summer months.
You can take a stroll through the nearby pine forest. Villa Rotondo is the superb place for people who want to have a relaxing holiday and at the same time want to discover the wonderful land of Puglia.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Monopoli 6 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari/brindisi 50 km, Nearest railway: Monopoli 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archaeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hill towns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts(“contrade”) characterized by the presence of ‘Masserie Fortificate’ of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
2 Sep 2013
Nice house, lovely garden, pool was a little bit cold.We enjoyed our stay very much. The only thing we have to critize: The street next to the property. We always heard cars passing by.… More
Thank you for your kind review, we think it will be very helpful for future guests! We have enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you coming back soon!
The staff at HelloApulia
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 328 properties
- 121 properties
- 100 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 83 properties
- Martina Franca
- 83 properties
- 63 properties
- 55 properties
- 53 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 52 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 48 properties
- 46 properties
- 32 properties
- 15 properties
- Torre Lapillo
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 12 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties