Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Torre dello Scarparello was built on a site where an old tower once stood. It is a modern and spacious villa with two levels where you can sleep 8 people comfortably.
It has three bedrooms and two full bathrooms, a large kitchen and living area with a fireplace and a terrace.
The main floor consists of a large suite with a double bedroom, a large wardrobe, a beautiful modern bath with a glass shower and a washing machine. The fully equipped modern kitchen is also located on the first level. It has an open plan where you can enjoy conversations with your company making cooking even more enjoyable. The wood burning fireplace sits in the living area as well providing warmth throughout the whole house. The first floor is ideal for guests needing assistance with wheelchairs as well as guests with small children.
On the second level there are two beautiful bedrooms, a full bathroom with tub and the entrance to the spacious terrace. On the terrace you can experience breathtaking views of the Adriatic sea and the hills nearby. It's a wonderful place to lounge, read a book or enjoy a glass of wine. The villa is secured by an entrance gate and a security system. There is ample parking for guests and their visitors. As you enter the villa you are greeted with the scents of lavender plants among others found alongside the villa. There is a covered veranda where you can dine next to a hammock for two. In the back of the property there is a fully equipped BBQ grill with a sink next to a gazebo where you can enjoy your meal.
The 12m x 6m luxury swimming pool is located about 80 meters from the property and is shared only with the owners (a hospitable and private couple). The pool is set on a beautiful part of the property. As you take a short stroll to the pool you can discover and appreciate the beauty of the countryside. They have a variety of gardens bearing an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Some fruits to be found are figs, almonds, cherries, mandarins, lemons, plums, peaches, and apricots. Of course all this along with a number of olive trees that dot the property. There is also a poolside shower for rinsing and a bathroom near the pool.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Monopoli - Lido Pantano 5 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese 60 km, Nearest railway: Bari 50 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archaeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hill towns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts (“contrade”) characterized by the presence of 'Masserie Fortificate' of ancient Roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.