Splendid Masseria Pepenofio
Apartment | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 13
The masseria is divided into two levels. The ground floor is composed of four independent apartments. These apartments can be reserved together or separately.
This splendid vacation home offers the ultimate comfort rooted in tradition and luxury. The property is located on a hill with breathtaking views of the Adriatic sea. The converted farmhouse is surrounded by manicured greens set in the Pugliese landscape of olive groves and fruit trees.
The large infinity salt water pool for the four apartments is 15x7 meters with a depth of 1.4 meters. The second pool (6x3 meters and 1.40 meters deep) is exclusive for the Fico d'India apartment guests.
Masseria Pepenofio offers its guests five star services ranging from fine linens, the most sought after kitchenware, room tidying with personal laundry service, the ability to have a star chef prepare typical dishes brought fresh from the farm (paid service) and many other services with great attention to detail.
Masseria Pepenofio offers its guests four splendid independent apartments:
a. Roseto :: 4 bed spaces - ?Roseto is the largest apartment on the property. This apartment can accommodate a maximum of four people in two bedrooms (a matrimonial bed in one and a built-in bunk bed).
b. Peperoncino :: 2 bed spaces -? Peperoncino is a studio apartment finely restored and furnished with a large bathroom. This flat is the smallest of the four apartments with a unique functional kitchen.
c. Melograno :: 2+1 bed spaces - ?The Melograno apartment has access to the gathering area and opens directly onto the kitchen. It leads to the living area, where a sofa (one single bed) and comfortable seats are nestled under vaulted ceilings and stone niches where precious Grottaglie ceramics are placed.
d. Fico d'India :: 2+2 bed spaces - ?The Fico D'India apartment is composed of a large dining/living area with a sofa bed for two facing the private pool (6x3m) used solely by guests of this apartment. The bedroom has been elegantly furnished with two spacious and comfortable stone bathrooms.
Masseria Pepenofio is a charming and beautifully designed property. Guests will have their privacy in the comfort of an exquisite vacation home.
The masseria is not ideal for family with small children.
|Size||Sleeps up to 13, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Monopoli|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts(?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
11 Nov 2013
"Rigenerare il cervello"
Un posto dove poter staccare la spina, da tutti i problemi che ci attanagliano nella vita. Il silenzio regna in posto dove è tutto curato nei mini particolari, con l'eleganza e il buon gusto che… More
tutto lo staff di HelloApulia, La ringrazia infinitamente per aver condiviso la sua esperienza nella nostra casa vacanza.
Siamo molto lieti che il soggiorno non abbia tradito le Sue aspettative.
Sul nostro sito web proponiamo continuamente sempre nuove offerte e nuove case vacanza. Qualora decida di programmare un nuovo soggiorno in Puglia, non esiti pertanto a contattare il nostro booking office!
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 318 properties
- 109 properties
- 96 properties
- Martina Franca
- 80 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 78 properties
- 63 properties
- Porto Cesareo
- 60 properties
- 52 properties
- 50 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 50 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 50 properties
- 43 properties
- 31 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 9 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 8 properties
- 6 properties