Historic villa with large pool
Villa | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 16
Villa Barbara is a historic villa with a large private pool (14x7mt). The central part of the villa dates back to mid 1900s. This villa boasts five bedrooms and four bathrooms and can comfortably accommodate up to sixteen people
Villa Barbara has been tastefully decorated. You will find functional yet simple furnishings throughout accented by classic 20th century vintage pieces.
The apartment has a garden full of Mediterranean plants. The area surrounding the large private pool (14x7mt and up to 3.5 m deep) is tastefully decorated. Among the furnishings are Rimini 70s style and authentic Thai pieces. You can lounge and relax under the shade. The pool area is equipped with a sensor alarm for children.
The structure is divided into four living areas
A. Main Villa ? Villa Padronale:
* Very large living room / dining room with seating for 16 people and fully equipped kitchen
* Relaxation / fireplace area
* Bathroom with vintage bath
* Master bedroom
* Second Double Bedroom
* Trullo suite consists of a double bed and built in wardrobe
* Full bathroom with shower
C. Stable 1 and Stable 2?
* Double suite with bath and large shower wall
* Second bedroom ? double suite with bath and large shower
* Relaxation room with TV / Playstation / Sky (free channels) / DVD
* 4 single beds attached but two can be detached
The outer area is composed of a large dressing room, bathroom, laundry area and storage. Green garden and lawn with garden furniture and a swaying seat from Asia.
The villa is completely surrounded by a high wall and offers its customers maximum privacy.
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Monopoli|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (5), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 16|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts(?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 Sep 2014
"Rustic and charming villa for all ages"
Lots of fun for little ones Relaxing for the bigger onesPerfect for large dinners and socializingMinus for partially low standard in bathrooms, hard beds and bad pillows, but it does not matter in the… More
Thank you for your kind review! We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to having you again as our guests!
Kindest regards, the HelloApulia staff
29 Sep 2013
"fantastic and fun villa"
The villa is very roomy and tastefully decorated. The garden and pool are really great. The only flaw was that 3 (out of 6) rooms have to share a bathroom.… More
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to see that you've enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Kindest regards, HelloApulia
9 Apr 2013
"A great pieceful and beautiful place to stay"
All the rooms have separate bathrooms and there are lots of space outside, where you can relax, eat, have party, play, work out.The kitchen is big and there are arts on the wall and beautiful furnitur… More
Thank you for your kind review of the villa! We hope that HelloApulia helped make your stay seamless. See you again soon!
Staff at HelloApulia
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Calendar last updated:20 Oct 2014
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 494 properties
- 191 properties
- Martina Franca
- 145 properties
- 111 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 106 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 95 properties
- 86 properties
- 85 properties
- 76 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 68 properties
- 63 properties
- 54 properties
- 25 properties
- 23 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 13 properties
- 9 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 8 properties
- Mola di Bari
- 7 properties
- Francavilla Fontana
- 7 properties
- Leporano Marina
- 7 properties