Gorgeous villa with pool
Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
This beautiful holiday home offers the highest level of comfort combined with the perfect harmony between tradition and luxury. It has frescoed ceilings.
The apartment consists of the following:
* Large living room that overlooks the private outdoor patio (equipped with table and chairs). The guests of this unit have exclusive use of this patio.
* Bedroom (with 2 single beds that can be combined if necessary).
* Fully-equipped kitchen
* Bathroom with shower
A grand staircase welcomes guests to the first floor of the villa consisting of:
* 3 bedrooms (one with an extra bed)
* Bathroom with shower
* Laundry corner
From the first floor, you can reach a large rooftop terrace with spectacular panaromic views of Monopoli and the sea behind it!
The ten hectars of gardens surrounding Villa Carenza are witnesses of a history spanning more than a century. A story that has gone through several generations. Today guests can be a part of its ongoing history by renting its apartments and/or suites. They are guaranteed to have unique experiences on the grounds of this picturesque villa.
Built in 1894 by Paul Francois, Villa Carenza was owned by a French nobleman who chose Puglia as his place residence. In 1982 it was acquired by Michele Carenza. She had a splendid Italian garden designed by the renowned nurseries of F.lli Sgaravatti of Padua. Her son Pasquale took over the property upon her death. Pasquale decided to plant 7 hectars of secular olive trees, expand the garden and remodeled the pool and entry to the villa. Pasquale then imagined the future of this magnificent home, designing the beautiful gazebo that since 2000 became the enchanting scene of various events.
Villa Carenza is now a complex with three internal independent structures and two mini suites (to be rented ONLY as B&B). All units can be booked together or separately.
The villa is enriched by a spectacular garden that surrounds it. Within the garden there is a pool (24x9mt) area and a play area dedicated to children equipped with slides and a small merry-go-round.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Monopoli|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seats for 9, Lounge seats for 9|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts(?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Calendar last updated:21 Aug 2014
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 430 properties
- 156 properties
- Martina Franca
- 107 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 95 properties
- 82 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 78 properties
- 71 properties
- 64 properties
- 61 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 58 properties
- 54 properties
- 41 properties
- 22 properties
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 12 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- Francavilla Fontana
- 7 properties
- Mola di Bari
- 6 properties