Charming Historic Seaview Apt.
other travellers have booked this property online using Holiday Lettings Payments. When you book your rental using Holiday Lettings payments you are covered by Payment Protection
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Typical apartment with a view of the sea on the terrace. It is located in the heart of Monopoli‚ historic centre and could accommodate up to 5 guests with free use of wi-fi internet.
Typical apartment with a view of the sea on the terrace.
It is located in the historic centre of Monopoli and accommodates up to 5 guests.
The apartment is situated on the second floor of an historical building, is accessed by steep stairs (please ask us for more information when traveling with older people and/or young children) and has been carefully renovated recently.
The large roof terrace is on the third floor of the building.
The house is spread over an area of ??about 65 square meters and offers free WIFI internet access.
The apartment is composed of (on the second floor):
• Living room with a comfortable double sofa bed, TV set, DVD player and iPod station;
• Large kitchen with new appliances (including dishwasher);
• Bathroom with shower and toilet;
• Bedroom with one single bed and extra single bed (only upon request);
• Master bedroom with double bed and nice balcony;
On the third floor (terrace level):
• Second bathroom with laundry area and washing machine
• Roof terrace with sea view and exclusive area with table, chairs and barbecue
On the fourth floor (sun deck):
• Private sun deck with sun chairs, small table and amazing view
Terrazza Mediterranea is perfect for those who are looking for an authentic holiday in Italy.
The apartment is very typical and in perfect harmony with the old centre of Monopoli and is suitable for long and short term holidays all year round. At just a few steps from the apartment you can find numerous museums, churches and also nice shops, supermarkets and grocery markets.
External dining room
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Double beds: 1
Single beds: 1
Sofa beds: 1
Sports and activities nearby
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Monopoli - Portavecchia 10 m|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese 55 km, Nearest railway: Monopoli 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts (contrade) characterized by the presence of Masserie Fortificate of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
3 Oct 2013
Terrazza Mediteranea is a lovely apartment with many stairs to the beautiful roof terrasse. The wiev round the horizon i amaising and everyting is in order. Internet acces, kitchen, bathrooms and also… More
Thank you for your kind review!
We are glad to see that you've enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
22 Jul 2013
"Bonito apartamento y maravillosa terraza a dos pasos del mar en el casco antiguo de Monopoli"
Han sido unos dias de vacaciones estupendos en este apartamento muy bonito en el corazon del casco historico de una preciosa ciudad marinera del sur de Italia , con a los alrededores muchos lugares, p… More
Ha sido un honor para nosotros tenerles como huéspedes in Monopoli y esperamos volver a verles muy pronto!
Lo staff di HelloApulia
27 May 2013
"A little gem with a lovely terrace in a quiet area - bliss"
A great little apartment , we thoroughly enjoted our few days here.There are two downsides - the stairs from the entrance to the cottage which is on the 2nd floor are VERY steep - fine if you are fit … More
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your personal experience at Terrazza Mediterranea. We are glad to see that you've enjoyed your stay and are sure that your feedback will help other guests with their inquiries regarding the apartment. We would love to see you coming back in the (near) future!
Kindest regards from Marijke and the staff at HelloApulia
9 Oct 2012
"Very nice and cosy apartment with great sea view terrace!"
We spent a week in this very nice apartment situated in the historic centre of Monopoli. Very comfortable and cosy, it has been recently renewed. The bathrooms are totally new. Wi fi, washing machine … More
30 May 2012
"We had a beautiful holidayin a nice place in the beautiful area Puglia"
We had a good appartment in the middle of Monopoli. From Monopoli we visited a lot of beuatiful towns in the area. Team Hello Apulia gave us good tips and advices.Also they are very helpfull when you … More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 382 properties
- 144 properties
- 123 properties
- Martina Franca
- 97 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 87 properties
- 75 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 69 properties
- 66 properties
- 61 properties
- 54 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 54 properties
- 44 properties
- 41 properties
- 35 properties
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 12 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 11 properties
- 7 properties