from £647 /night help
Chateau | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 15
Chateau Baradis was the first vineyard in Monbazillac to produce organic wine as far back as 1961. The Chateau was originally built in the mid C19th and overlooks the Dordogne valley with Bergerac in the near distance.
Surrounded by vines and woodland it is in walking distance of the village with its bar and restaurant yet entirely independent and tranquil sitting in 60 hectares of grounds.
The nearby Chateau Monbazillac is a historic monument open for visits all year round. Every Sunday evening there is a farmers market with entertainment. There is also the famous "Tour de Vents" Michelin Star Restaurant. Bergerac is only 5km away and access to the prehistoric caves, chateaux and the Dordogne valley is all on your doorstep.
|Size||Sleeps up to 15, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac Airport|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 4 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (5)|
|Further details indoors|
- Entrance hall.
- Downstairs WC & shower.
- Grand living room with original wood panelling, open fireplace, TV (UK satellite channels), door leading to the terrace.
- Large modern family kitchen with Liebherr fridge/freezer/wine cave, electric oven, steam oven, dishwasher & large dining table seating 10+.
- Utility room with washer, dryer, 2nd american fridge/freezer/ice maker.
- TV room/breakfast room with computer, wi-fi access.
- Bed 1: 70m2 suite, kingsize bed, sofa, TV, large modern bathroom with bath & shower, view on to pool area.
- Bed 2: 70m2 suite, kingsize bed, sofa, TV, large modern bathroom, bath & shower, view on to garden & pool area.
- Bed 3: 70m2 suite, kingsize bed, TV, large modern bathroom, bath & shower leading on to small private terrace.
- Bed 4: 30m2 bedroom with 2 singles.
- Bed 5: Suite of 85m2, large bedroom with sofa, plasma TV, fireplace, kingsize bed, modern bathroom, view onto garden & Bergerac.
- Bed 6: Ground floor with double bed, next to shower room.
All bedrooms are large enough to accommodate smaller children's beds.
|Further details outdoors|
- Outdoor dining terraces.
- 15 hectares of gardens and woodland.
- Private 11x5m heated swimming pool in stone, with terrace, sunloungers swings, trampoline.
The Dordogne region
The Dordogne as an area has much to offer. There are many attractive towns & villages including Perigeux, Sarlat, Rocomadour, St Emillion as well as smaller bastide towns & villages with local markets & summer fetes.
Other activities include: Wine routes. Les Ezyies, famous pre-historic caves. Many chateaux to visit. Paintballing, tree zip-wiring, horse-riding, canoeing, golf & of course lots of eating & drinking.
Bergerac Airport is 5 mins away. The train station is 15 mins with good motorway acces for Bordeaux, Paris and the south.
Monbazillac is a small wine producing village, famous for its 'vins liquerors'. The historic monument 'Chateau de Monbazillac' is worth a visit, as is the Michelin star restaurant.
Bergerac is 10 mins away and was once a flourishing port for the wine trade. Today the picturesque harbour, on the edge of the 'old town' offers boat trips or a small tourist train round the town. There are many restaurants, bars & shops worth a visit.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 6 Years listed
Calendar last updated:24 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 1801 properties
- 914 properties
- 387 properties
- 18 properties
- 6 properties