Gite | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Quiet rural location near Mirambeau town centre with supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and Post Office and other small local shops such as florists, hairdressers, newsagent/Tabac etc.
All in all a great place to have a relaxing holiday in a Rustic Building but with all mod cons and Ideal for walkers or cyclists and close to fantastic beaches (Royan 50 minutes).
Close to all local area attractions and main attractions at Bordeaux, Saints, Cognac and La Rochelle etc. by car in about one hour.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Royan 40 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bordeaux 60 km, Nearest railway: Jonzac 14 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
Our three restored stone and timber Charentaise cottage Gites can sleep a maximum of 5 in Moineau (2 bedrooms), 5 in Hibou (2 bedrooms) and 8 in Hirondelle (4 bedrooms). All are large rooms with full UK size single and double beds and overhead fans.
Entertainment wise all have flat screen satellite free to view TV including all main UK TV stations (SKY Boxes so bring your own card for SKY access) with DVD players and CD radios. The kItchens are fully equipped and have gas cookers, dishwashers, microwaves, kettles, toasters and all cutlery and crockery etc.
|Further details outdoors|
Outside there is the swimming pool and adjacent large BBQ area with one charcoal griddle for each Gite and ample tables and chairs for al fresco dining.
We provide high quality rigid plastic wine and beer glasses for use in the swimming pool and BBQ areas as we do not allow glass in these areas due to users not wearing shoes in these localities.
There is also a Boules area and ample room for badminton, croquet and football etc. in the half acre field as well as a swing.
We do not provide bicycles but they are available to hire, including delivery to the Gites, on a local basis.
A 10 GITES IN CHARENTE BOOKING FORM.
Detailed below are the terms of the agreement between us:
• Booking & Payment: To reserve the cottage, the party leader (who must be aged over 18) should sign the booking form on behalf of the entire party and return it together with the non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rent due. We will then confirm your reservation and send you the final invoice, which is payable not less than 8 weeks before your holiday begins.
• Breakage Deposit: A breakage deposit of £100 is required with the final payment. The property will be inspected prior to departure and this money will be refunded to you within two weeks after the end of your holiday, less any deductions necessary for breakages, damage or cleaning. If there are any charges in excess of the breakage deposit, we will ask you to pay the additional cost.
• Arrival & Departure: The cottage will be available for you from 4pm on the first day and departure must be by 10am on the final day to allow for linen changes and cleaning etc.
• Utilities: Bedding and bed linen are included in the rental as are house towels. Please note that pool/beach towels are not supplied. Gas, electricity and water are included in the rental.
• Cancellation: In the event of cancellation, the rental deposit will normally be forfeit. So long as written notice of cancellation is received not less than eight weeks before the holiday commencement date, the hirer will not be liable for the balance of the rental. If, however, cancellation is notified less than eight weeks before the holiday commencement date, the hirer will be liable to pay the remaining balance of the rental unless we are successful in re-letting the holiday. In all other respects, we will hold the hirer responsible only to the extent that we incur a financial liability.
We will only try to re-let the property after we have received written notification of cancellation, so the quicker we are informed the better all round. If the balance of your rental is not paid 8 weeks before the rental begins, we reserve the right to cancel your booking - please ring us if you have problems (numbers below).
• Personal Belongings: Baggage and personal belongings are at the hirer's risk at all times. Clients are advised to take out appropriate comprehensive holiday insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc. since these are not covered by the owner's insurance.
• Pool: The pool is unsupervised and is available for your use at your own risk at all times. Please note this is very important, children are only allowed in the pool area when accompanied by an adult.
• Hirer's Responsibility: The hirer is responsible for leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition.
• Acceptance of Booking Conditions: In signing the booking form you (the hirer) acknowledge that you have read these conditions and accept them without reservation or exception.
• Pets: We are sorry but at the moment we do not accept pets.
• Smoking: We are sorry but smoking is not allowed in the property or the public areas e.g. BBQ and Pool areas.
• Conditions outside our control: We will at all times endeavour to ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. However please take note that we cannot take responsibility for events and occurrences outside our control. For example major roadwork's, poor weather conditions, etc.
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
Our three properties are situated in a very rural location with wonderful views across the surrounding hills which are covered in vines and depending on the time of year sunflowers, sweetcorn and cereal crops such as wheat and barley. The area is ideal for walkers and cyclists.
Local attractions include Palmyre Zoo and the fantastic beaches at Royan and St. Georges de Didonne . For cultural and shopping expeditions locally within short drives are Jonzac, Pons, Blaye, Saintes, Cognac, Bordeaux, La Rochelle and all of the great French wine production areas such as St Emillion, Margaux, Paulliac and many more. Arcachon is well worth a visit as it has Europe's largest sand dune and the local oysters are world renowned.
Local activities include golf, lake fishing, horse riding, canoeing and go-carting. For adults and children alike a little further afield a visit to Futuroscope at Poitiers is well worth while.
There are 3 supermarkets in Mirambeau, Super U, Lidl and Mutant.
There are many regular markets in Mirambeau, every Saturday morning, and all of the surrounding towns. Of especial note are the summer night markets at Montendre and Pons. These feature stalls selling local produce, mostly Wine, Pineau and Cognac and also fresh cooked food from baked potatoes to duck breast and frites etc. Normally live music is also on offer at these sessions.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
1 Sep 2014
"Fantastic. One of the best holidays we have had."
Firstly the owners of the Gites are wonderful. Ian and Ann really care about making sure your stay is comfortable and that everyone is happy. The accommodation was very clean and tidy, and there was … More
3 Nov 2013
"Great location, but accomodation needs to improve for the price"
We stayed in Moineau for just under two weeks in August 2013. We had a warm welcome from the English owners Ann and Ian and despite the issues we had during and after our stay these guys clearly want … More
Owner's Response: To take the points in order.
First the flood was caused by a new tap in a new wash basin where the actual tap core exploded due to a surge in water pressure when local mains water pipes were renewed and refilled. Nothing to do with old plumbing. As this only happened a few days before the guests arrival we managed to wet vac up all the water and then dry the Gite out with a de-humidifier but there was obviously no time to replace the flooring. All of this was explained and gratefully accepted by the guests as the alternative would have been for us to cancel the booking as the other two Gites were booked.
The torches are left in every bedroom as living in rural France with overhead power cables power cuts can happen at any time especially if a big storm comes in from the Atlantic. There are beside cabinets with bedside lamps by every bed so no need to wander round in the dark unless the power has gone.
The semantics argument does not hold water with regard to the wording of the Booking Conditions it clearly states 'cleaning' as part of the deposit conditions. This is the first time in three seasons that we have had to deduct part of a deposit as the Gite was left in a very dirty condition and required extensive cleaning before it was brought up to a reletting standard. No other family that has stayed in any of our three Gites has left a Gite in the condition that this reviewer left it in.
It is correct that we do not employ cleaners as all we have needed to do everywhere else every time before new guests arrive is 'normal day to day' vacuuming, dusting and hygienic cleaning of worktops and showers etc. and not a 'deep clean' as was required here. With regard to the hair in the oven there were small clumps of hair and not just the single strand as noted in the review just as though someone had had a hair trim.
With regard to the last paragraph: 'endure' to suffer (something painful or difficult) patiently. This was not what we noticed during this guests stay and as he says elsewhere they had a good time, even with the 'small pool!' so somewhat contradictory.
To be quite honest I would be a) embarrassed to have left somewhere I had stayed in as dirty as this was left and b) I certainly would not want it brought to anyone else's attention, which is what this reviewer has successfully done.
At the end of the day we are talking of £50.00 towards the cleaning and repair of the damaged bed, not noted above, and the supply of a new toaster.
17 Sep 2012
"Charming gite in idyllic surroundings"
A family of five with 2 kids aged 2 and 4. Very peaceful and relaxing location. Pool wasn't quite as big as expected but was actually more than perfect for kids. very welcoming, friendly and accommodating hosts.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
60% Response rate
Calendar last updated:13 Jul 2014
Based in France
- 142 properties
- 34 properties
- 31 properties
- 30 properties
- 26 properties
- La Palmyre
- 24 properties
- 24 properties
- Le Verdon sur Mer
- 23 properties
- Saint Georges de Didonne
- 21 properties
- Mortagne sur Gironde
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Baignes Ste Radegonde
- 7 properties
- 6 properties