House | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Seascape is a well equipped, contemporary and luxurious five bedroom house on a quiet road with plenty of parking. There are fantastic views over Mevagissey village and the sea/coastline. In an area of outstanding natural beauty, it is the ideal retreat for families and friends, conveniently located for many of the regions attractions, from beaches to the Eden Project.
The house comfortably sleeps up to eight people with bedrooms split over two floors offering two separate sleeping areas, ideal for extended families, for families sharing and groups of friends. The south facing garden is a real sun trap, great for a BBQ or just lazing in the sun. For cooler evenings snuggle up in front of the log gas stove.
Bedrooms: 2x Double (King-size), 1x Twin/Double (Super-king) , 2x Single
Bathrooms: Family bathroom, Shower room, En-suite Shower, Cloakroom
WiFi is included, along with a Smart internet connected TV, Blu-ray, Playstation 3, iPod dock stereo and other gadgets and games. Linen and towels are provided.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Portmellon 1 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay 32 km, Nearest railway: St Austell 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
There are three floors in total.
Ground floor (sleeps 3)
- Double bedroom (king-size bed) with terrace
- Single bedroom
- Shower room
- Garage with laundry facilities and plenty of storage for surfboards etc
Middle floor (sleeps 5)
- Double bedroom (king-size bed) with En-suite and balcony
- Single bedroom
- Super-king or Twin room (choice of configuration); with TV, games console (PS3) and rocking gaming seat, making an alternative snug hang out to the living room
- Family bathroom
The living area is on the top floor, offering the best views of the village, harbour and bay, with the garden also on this level.
- Kitchen - fully equipped with a wide range of cooking utensils, from pans to egg clackers and a great view from the kitchen sink
- Dining room - contemporary dining room with views of the garden at the back and the sea to the front. DAB stereo with iPod dock.
- Living room - smart internet connected TV, with blu-ray player. Log effect gas stove with remote control. Patio doors to garden at the back and balcony to the front.
- Rear south facing garden with outside sofas and large gas BBQ
Baby/Child facilities: there are two Stokke Trip Trapp high chairs available, and a travel cot and stair gates.
|Further details outdoors|
The back garden is on the top floor with the main lower decking area accessed from the living room and back door. This is an ideal spot for al fresco dining with a table and chairs for 8 and luxurious eight seater outdoor sofa. This decking area is walled on all 4 sides, so is ideal for young children to play safely.
Steps lead up through the lawned and planted garden to the hidden top deck which has fantastic views of the bay, village and surrounding countryside, best viewed whilst relaxing in the round day bed. This top deck is higher than the roof of the house!
To the front of the house is a drive with parking for 2 cars (additional parking on the road in front of the house) and a pebbled garden.
* Quality linens and towels are provided
* A welcome pack of goodies is provided on arrival
* If you want to arrange a supermarket delivery (Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys all deliver) before you arrive we can receive and unpack for you. Contact us beforehand so we can agree a delivery slot.
* The owners are local and always on hand in case of any questions or issues.
Our normal changeover day is now on a Saturday, however depending on the time of year and other bookings we can be flexible on this.
Please look at the availability calendar for special offers!
The West Country region
So just what is it that makes Cornwall special? The mighty cliffs and crashing waves? The glorious sandy beaches?
The wild moorlands and peaceful woodlands? The friendly smiles and warm welcomes? The fantastic food and lively arts scene? Well, we think it's all of the above, and more!
Mevagissey itself is a traditional Cornish fishing village, where you can wander the narrow alleyways, browse the shops and art galleries, relax in one of the many pubs or dine in one of the excellent restaurants. The centre of Mevagissey and the harbour are just a short walk from the house.
There are many great walks to be had from the doorstep, either follow the coast path through some stunning scenary, or take a walk through the woods to The Lost Gardens of Heligan, just 45 min away (or a short drive). The Eden Project is about a 25 min drive. Alternatively, there a number of beaches close by, the closest being Portmellon which is a 10 min walk or the family friendly beaches of Gorran Haven and Caerhays are a 10 min drive. If you're up for day surfing, the north coast is an easy 45 min drive. If you're into cycling there are some great routes from flat and family friendly through to more demanding mountain biking trails.