Lavender, the 6m bell tent at Warren Farm
from £108 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £108 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Yurt / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 8
Availability Your dates are available
Yurt / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 8
Lavender is pitched in a lovely little private glamping site in our secluded & sunlit copse on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, with views south over the Bristol Channel & as far as Lundy Island on a clear day. It's a beautiful canvas bell tent - big enough to sleep up to 8 people - as well as all the other extras you'd expect when glamping. It's quite a large area, so there's plenty of room for a campfire and even for friends & family to pitch their own tents. Or for larger groups, book our bunkhouse or another bell tent.
Ideal for a romantic getaway, for a family gathering or for groups of friends, and especially for a hen (or stag) party with a difference. Can also be booked in conjunction with our other 6m bell tent Sage - the two are in separate but adjoining areas.
We believe in going the whole hog when it comes to glamping, so all our tents come supplied with:
- real beds, not the uncomfortable (& cold!) airbeds you might find elsewhere
- camp fire circle, perfect for toasting marshmallows, bottoms, or even toast!
- picturesque & secluded woodland site, away from the rest of the farm for your privacy
- fully furnished with antique & vintage furniture inside the tent and garden furniture for outside
- solar & candle lanterns, chandeliers & fairy lights inside & out, for romantic yet reliable lighting
- your own off-grid shower & loo, so you don't have to wander all the way back to the farmhouse in the middle of the night or share with anybody else
- open air hanging daybed, for lounging the afternoon or evening away (being made especially for us & due in September)
- sheltered location with unobstructed views down the hill over countryside to the sea
- beautifully decorated, complete with our hand printed bespoke bunting
- larger than average, high quality traditional canvas bell tent with zipped-in groundsheet (ZIG) so that you can choose to let the breeze in on hot days yet keep the insects out
- help yourself to whatever is in season in our organic vegetable garden, for a taste of the good life
- dark skies, for star gazing up through the trees once the last traces of sunset have gone (have we mentioned the fabulous sunsets you get this far west?)
- anything else we can think of to make your stay perfect (let us know your suggestions on FB, there might be a prize in it!)
Right on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, close to fantastic climbing at Castlemartin Range East & West, the excellent surfing at Freshwater West & Broadhaven South, and within striking distance of many of Pembrokeshire's best (and unspoilt, especially if you're used to the hordes in Devon & Cornwall) beaches, countryside, castles, river walks, Neolithic remains, geological formations, charming pubs, delicious cafes & restaurants & even the UK's best Street Food (according to the BBC in 2014), film locations and other places of interest.
Dog friendly - we have a very sociable hound ourselves.
We run regular Volunteer Weekends and other events at the farm, find us with the keywords WarrenFarm InWarren to see what's coming up.
Nature fans may be lucky enough to spot badgers & our visiting barn owl at the farm. Or otters, seals, bats, puffins, etc. elsewhere in Pembrokeshire.
Please note that we are in a remote rural location near to an Army Tank Training Range:
- there is no mobile signal at all for most providers, though the bell tent happens to be positioned near the most likely spot to get signal;
- we'll endeavour to provide free wireless internet access near the house (sorry, it doesn't reach as far as the bell tent), but can't guarantee it at all times;
- depending on Army manoeuvres, there may be noise. This is usually only Monday to Friday during the day, with occasional firing up to 10 pm. It's nowhere near as noisy as you'd think, and also quite interesting to watch with the flares & tracer fire!;
- facilities (such as pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops & petrol stations) are all a drive away. There is a bus service, but you are highly recommended to drive as it is infrequent and changes route depending on firing.
We have plenty of parking space for cars, vans and even campervans in the farmyard. The bell tent is around 80 meters away from the parking area, with temporary parking for loading & unloading a little closer. We'll loan you our garden cart if you want, though as the bell tent is fully equipped you won't need to bring quite as much kit as you would usually need.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 1 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||17:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Fresh West 2miles, others 5 miles|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Pembroke (not Pembroke Dock) - 6 miles|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (6), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Swing set, Trampoline|
The Pembrokeshire region
We like to think of Pembrokeshire as Cornwall's equally (dare we say 'even more'?) amazing but much more unspoilt cousin. Easier to get to than you might think & surprisingly free of crowds, there is no denying that Pembrokeshire has more than its fair share of stunning sea- and landscapes.
If you're into food & drink, you'll be pleased to find out that we have our fair share of fantastic cafes, bars & restaurants (including Michellin-rated chefs and BBC Food & Farming Award winners), artisan food producers, local craft breweries and even a vineyard (wine-tasting, anyone?). Even our humble spuds have been deemed worthy of their own denomination - you can't beat a proper, soil-grown, Pembrokeshire new potato for flavour.
But people don't just come to indulge their senses on the light, food & drink. It's our status as Britain's only coastal national park that draws most visitors.
The farm is right down on the far south west tip of Pembrokeshire, which makes it the ideal place for:
- great surfing beaches at Freshwater West (surf school available) & Broadhaven South
- amazing climbing at Castlemartin Range East & West
- one of the 3 best long distance walks in the world: the Pembrokeshire Coast Path
- super swimming beaches at Barafundle (often voted the best beach in the UK) and Freshwater East (not to mention one or two 'secret' beaches - you'll have to bribe us to share their location)
- nipping to Stackpole Quay, for scuba diving from the shore (no boat needed!) and jumping off the Quay at high tide into our crystal clear waters
- sightseeing at St Govan's Chapel, Pembroke Castle (with the biggest keep in the country & birthplace of Henry VII), the Green Bridge of Wales (head down the lane beside our field & stop before you fall off the cliff edge), Stack Rocks, Bosherston Lilyponds and many other sights
- visiting local galleries at the Golden Plover and Bosherston
- looking for Lundy, as seen from the bunkhouse windows on clear days
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
5 Oct 2014
"A really fun weekend!"
We really enjoyed our stay at Warren Farm. The bell tent was beautifully decorated and the beds were really comfy. Jane was very welcoming and even supplied us with some marshmallows for toasting on t… More
15 Sep 2014
"Excellent experience highly recommended"
We travelled a long way to enjoy our first glamping experience and from the first minute werealised this was going to be a special stay in the hands of a very warm owner. Its difficult to write a sin… More
19 Aug 2014
"A Magical Stay At Warren Farm!"
Our stay at Warren Farm was absolutely magical and it's safe to say that our first ever glamping experience was one to remember! The bell tent was super cosy with comfy beds, crisp fresh linen an… More
16 Aug 2014
"Exceeded our expectations!!"
Having read the initial review on this holiday, we were very apprehensive about our booking. Quite frankly, I think the writer must have stayed on an entirely different farm!!From start to finish, eve… More
15 Aug 2014
"Glamping in style"
The yurt was really spacious even with 5 messy girls staying in it. The beds were very comfy and bedding really good quality. We all slept really well during our stay. At night the yurt is lit using c… More
8 Aug 2014
Just back from a very short break at Warren Farm, and though you could see that it was very new & they were still busy finishing off bits, we had a great time. The tents are lovely, really spacious. T… More
Glad you had a great time - it certainly seemed like the kids enjoyed themselves while you were here! (but shhhsh about the pool, that's our little secret)
We'll see what we can do about the wifi, but unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about mobile signal as the National Park Authority won't let a mast be built out here. Though it does make for a very peaceful break when you're off-grid: no work calls!
6 Aug 2014
"Touch bargepole don't with a"
This was a complete farago. Do not be mislead by the cosy picture, as I was. If this review saves other wasting their money I'm happy. It was not as photographed, there were no tables, the beds a… More
I'm very sorry you felt that we let you down. Our description did say that this was a new venture for us, and that the photos were of our dress rehearsal on the lawn. It's hard to get things perfectly right from the first moment (you were our second ever set of guests to stay in Lavender) but we did do our best to accommodate your needs, including some special requests.
As a new venture, we want to iron out any possible teething troubles as soon as possible. Because of this, we made a point of asking you for feedback during your stay: the one thing you raised while you were with us (the table), we resolved immediately. If you'd mentioned anything else to us you would have found us equally keen to get things right for you. For example, flushing loos & hot showers are always available in the bunkhouse. Indeed, after feedback from our first ever sets of visitors (who left the day you arrived) that the solar showers were not heating as expected, we've also ordered & installed a gas shower for the bell tents - unfortunately too late for you but in place for all future visitors. We'd also gone to the trouble & expense of laying, not just a few sods, but 80 sq. metres of turf because, with the lack of rain over the glorious summer we've had in Pembrokeshire, the grass seed had not been growing. We will also be installing a second off-grid loo, gas-powered shower & camp kitchen for the other bell tent, to increase privacy, as soon as we can and continuing with our landscaping plans over the autumn & winter.
We care about our visitors and will take good note of your comments. Whether big or small, raised by our visitors or because we've had the bright idea ourselves, we will continue to add to & improve our facilities over what we hope will be many years to come.
4 Aug 2014
"Wow - A real gem of a find."
We were the first family to stay in this beautiful tent, so glad we came across it on the website. What a find - we were greeted with a very warm and friendly welcome from Jane. The tent itself is fab… More
We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially the boys :)
The gas shower has been in for a week or two now & we're getting good reports - thank you so much for letting us know that the solar shower was under-performing, it was really helpful feedback.
The landscaping & other work continues on apace (though it's hard to find time in between bookings, as we wouldn't want to intrude on someone's break) and we're still adding bits & pieces, so expect an even better holiday next time. We're looking forward to welcoming you back.