Villa | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 14
The Villa is the ultimate location to unwind and enjoy really unspoilt Turkey. Fantastic walking, canoes and rowing boat, snorkelling over ancient pottery, boat trips to wonderful bays and islands, and excellent restaurants within strolling distance or who offer free transfers by road or boat. The area is steeped in ancient history and the locals are genuinely hospitable and helpful.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||The garden opens directly onto the beach|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Boat available, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms of which 5 Family bathrooms, 6 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 14, Lounge seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The Villa has been a popular B&B location for many years and is comfortably equipped to a high standard throughout.
The daily cleaning services of a maid is possible to clean, prepare breakfast, do laundrey, and generally help.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
"Villa Julia" is in the picturesque and unspoilt fishing village of Sögüt Köyü, on the Loryma Peninsula, a drive of about 1 hour from Marmaris and about 2 hours from Dalaman airport.
* Take the villa rowing boat, or hire a local fishing boat, and explore the bays and islands of this beautiful coastline, taking a dip, stepping ashore, or just enjoying the view.
* Swim to the nearby peninsula, snorkel over a huge reef of pottery remains, or explore the temple ruins.
* Be stranded with a picnic on a desert island, and be collected later.
* Borrow a book from our extensive collection of books - an expanding variety of holiday reading
* Windsurf, water-ski, sail or canoe - watersports will be available at the Villa or locally.
* Try your hand at fishing, or go out fishing with a local fishing boat.
* Enjoy fascinating walks from the Villa, in unspoilt countryside or up through the village with its scattering of restaurants, mosque, bakery and basic shops.
* Hike further afield on ancient routes.
* Explore hill forts with breathtaking views.
* Visit Taslica, the mountain village above Sögüt, a step back into history, gasp at the spectacular views over the peninsulas and Simi (magical at sunset),.....and try donkey riding?
* Take a boat trip to Bozburun for shopping and a lively atmosphere, or jump aboard the regular minibus to Marmaris with its street bazaars, markets and nightlife.
* Take a day to visit the villages of the peninsula, an intriguing variety, mountains, coasts, carpets, waterfalls and much more.
* Take a trip to go diving, horse riding, or even white water rafting
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
21 Jul 2014
"Fantastic Setting - but everything else not great"
PRO'sCommunication from owner made the booking very easy.Villa on the beach - fantastic - can't get any better than waking up and looking out to sea!The bay is picturesque. The sea is very … More
28 Oct 2013
"A fantastic villa in a great location in lovely village!"
My friends and I stayed in Villa Julia. We had a truly fabulously relaxing time with loads of swimming, casual wonders around the village and fabulous views! Idyllic holiday! I would recommend the vil… More
Would totally agree with all of this but we would hasten to add that within a short stroll there are excellent family-run restaurants with romantic tables by the sea and a variety of great Turkish cuisine including fresh local fish.
14 Aug 2013
"Beautiful spot, but really overprized"
Villa Julia is a beautiful house on a perfect location. The staff and people in the village were very kind and helpful. We had a very nice stay, but were frustrated by the price/quality ratio, because… More
The Villa is really unique and we have happy repeat guests. The prices per week are not expensive compared to other Villas situated directly on the sea, on the contrary, we have a quiet location with a sandy beach, private jetty, exceptional views, etc., etc., in an area of outstanding beauty.
With regard to individual comments:
1) We have a biological jet airation waste water processing system to avoid any pollution on land or in the sea, and we have never had comments like this before.
2) The dishwasher has since been serviced and a new pump installed. Toast must have burnt in the toaster.. it is still working and has not been replaced. The kitchen is quite adequate, but we are planning on upgrading it for 2014.
3) All 7 air-conditioning units in the house had an annual service earlier in the summer by the official service engineers. During, or just before this client's holiday, the fan unit in one started making a lot of noise so the engineers returned and ordered a new part but it took time to arrive and then they came and fitted it.
4) The swimming pool is a seawater pool that has filtered sea water circulating through it with no chemicals. The pool is emptied every few weeks to scrub it and this us usually done at the end of a rental. There had been a storm and a lot of sand, leaves, flower petals, etc., had blown into it. The maintenance man had come down in the night and decided to empty the pool as the quickest way to clean it properly and to cause minimum inconvenience to the guests. He did not give prior notice to the cleaner or the guests who were surprised to find it empty in the morning, but it was cleaned and refilled that same morning.
5) The 3 sofas outside are covered with blankets that are cleaned regularly. The sofas take a lot of use, particulary in the high season when children jump and bounce on them. They will be replaced again for summer 2014.
6) We are sorry if the guests were cleaning the beach, this is one of the first jobs that is supposed to be done by the cleaner on arrival early in the morning, it is very important to us..... it should be cleaned regularly and we take pride in the beach. The cleaner usually has high praise from our guests, but she was not feeling well that week and hence had not cleaned the beach as well as usual.
Our feedback is usually excellent and we have happy repeat guests. We believe that we offer excellent value for money for such a very special and unique place.
28 Jun 2013
"WOW, a proper slice of paradise"
What can i say. We travelled with 6 adults and 8 children and couldnt have found a more amazing place. If you like being away from the hustle and bustle and experiencing a bit of the local culture... Like waking to the sound of the sea washing up twenty feet away.... Like jumping off a jetty underneath a blanket of stars at 2 o'clock in the morning.... Having boats turn up on your doorstep to whisk you off to the most beautiful restaurants.... Lounging around a fresh saltwater pool..... Playing in kayaks and rowing boats..... BBQing in the corner of the beach and eating with the waves rolling up at your feet..... Being treated fantastically by the locals who cant do enough for you including organising any trips out you could wish for.... Then this is the place for you. Take a trip out to swim in the most beautiful waterfalls. Eat a the captains table. Have your shopping delivered from the local shop. Feel the beautiful breeze blowing into the cove and watch the amazing boats roll in and roll out.
The villa is a little dated and could possibly do with a little bit of attention but it didnt bother us, everything worked as required. If anything the condition of the villa suited the environment. At times i felt as though i was on a desert island.
The 8 kids aged between 3 and 15 didnt ask for anything, they were too busy leaping into the sea, out in the boats or jumping in and out of the pool. A trip for very cheap ice creams and a play in the park just opposite the captains table was there only real treat and it was all they wanted because they had everything.
We will go back.
3 Jan 2013
"Wonderful location with stunning scenery for truely relaxing holiday."
Villa Julia really is a special place. We were lucky with the weather for this time of year and had clear blue skies every day. The children (and therefore the adults!) were so happy between the pool and the jumping off the jetty that we did not need to go far. Its great to have complimentary canoes and rowing boat as well. The kitchen could do with a bit of an update, but we did not spend much time in there and were able to eat outside under the bouganvilia for all our meals.
Salih at the Captain's Table Restaurant really could not be more helpful, you are very lucky to have him on hand. I cannot praise him highly enough. The best calimari and he also organised boat trips etc. for us.
We did stop in Marmaris for food shopping on the way from the airport, although had we realised that the local shops would have been open when we arrived, we would certainly not have bothered on such a long transfer. Really it was so tricky to be faced with a large foreign supermarket after a long flight that it was not worth the stop and meant that it was nearly dark when we arrived. The local shops were so helpful with deliveries, translation and children's icecreams(!) that we would have preferred to give them our custom all week.
8 Dec 2012
Breath taking spectacular location, clean and comfortable accommodation, lovely local people! Rural turkey at its best!
6 Dec 2012
"A pearl for a relaxing holiday with family at all ages"
The villa is perfect for relaxing, swimming, canoing, reading and spending time together. Plenty of space both indoor and outdoor, the sea literally on the doorstep, nice pool. We went three generati… More
3 Dec 2012
"Beautiful, quiet location near the sea"
The location of this house is extraordinary, by the sea, at the end of a bay - for a stay with friends highly recommended to feel because despite nocturnal activities can not disturbed. For our purpos… More
29 Nov 2012
"A return trip to Turkish Paradise"
We had a family holiday three years ago at the Villa Julia with all our cousins, children etc -it was probably one of the best summer holidays ever! This last year (2012) my wife Dendy and I took Vill… More
29 Nov 2012
"Chill out holiday"
We holidayed as a 3 generation family group and had a fabulous holiday!
Booking easy & Penny very helpful. Long trip from airport (wished we had missed out supermarket in Marmaris as small local shop open late, has most things and delivers). Villa in fantastic location, we loved swimming, kayaking, rowing, snorkeling over remains, watching the occasional yacht come in, watching the flying fish & jumping off private jetty. Good sized saltwater swimming pool. Villa lovely, not smart but perfect for relaxing with kids. Salih at local restuarant was our local tourist guide and organised boat trips, dinner at other restuarants, mini bus tours, whatever we wanted! We had a lovely relaxing holiday.
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
60% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Jul 2014
Based in France
- Visit site
- 899 properties
- 267 properties
- 194 properties
- 82 properties
- 77 properties
- 75 properties
- 72 properties
- 41 properties
- 34 properties
- 30 properties
- 28 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties