Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Kestrel Cottage stands next to Brail Vista and is accessed by the main drive in a rural location between Great Bedwyn and Crofton, on the edge of Savernake Forest, with endless country walks, and a wide variety of wildlife.
Large comfortable lounge with 3 piece suite, bed settee, coffee table, two bookcases with plenty of books to read and games for the children, TV with Freeview Sky channels, DVD, stereo with CD, radio and a gas coal effect fire to keep you cosy.
Fully fitted and equipped for six people the kitchen/dining room has a built in oven and hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher, also a microwave oven, toaster, kettle and radio. Matching pine table, chairs and sideboard.
Comfortable double bedroom with king size bed and storage space, a good size twin room, a fold up bed, travel cot and high chair available in the cottage.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Great Bedwyn 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
All elecricity, gas, oil and linen included in price.
Shops and pubs 1 mile.
|Further details outdoors|
There is an enclosed paved and gravel garden area round the cottage with garden furniture from where you can enjoy the views over beautiful open coutnryside.
Use of three acre paddock beside cottage for ball games etc.
There is parking area for up to 4 cars in front of the cottage.
The Central Southern England region
The cottage is in an ideal location for touring the area with places like Longleat Safari Park, Cirencester Water Park, Bowood House, Stourhead Gardens, The Hawk Conservancy nr Andover, the South Coast and many, many more.
* The Kennet & Avon Canal runs close by with beautiful walks along the tow path; take a gentle walk to Great Bedwyn where you will find the local Bakery, which sells its own freshly made bread. Take a ten minute walk in the other direction to Crofton Pumping Station, the oldest working Beam Engines in the world. There are many interesting sights to see and things to do along the canal. Caen Hill flight of 29 locks at Devizes is well worth a visit. There are plenty of inns close by the canal along the way where you can refresh yourself.
* Narrow boat trips are available from nearby Hungerford and Pewsey.
* Great Bedwyn is on the Wiltshire Cycleway; there are many cycle routes in the Wiltshire Downs area which links to the Ridge Way Path.
* The area is rich in history, with such sites as Avebury Stone Circle, Kennet Long Barrow, Silbury Hill, St Martin's Chapel at nearby Chisbury , the working Windmill at Wilton (see the Wilton Windmill web site for more information) and the not so ancient Crop Circles which appear on the Marlborough and Pewsey Downs from time to time. In 2010 a crop circle appered next to the Windmill at Wilton, there was also one in a field near Great Bedwyn.
* The village of Great Bedwyn which is an area of outstanding natural beauty has a village shop, post office, baker, garage (no pumps) and two pubs. The pretty village of Wilton with its duck pond and the Swan Inn at its centre is just a 20 to 30 minuet walk along the canal towpath and aournd Wilton Water or over the roman road. The attractive historic town of Marlborough is 7 miles to the west with many shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants.
* Hungerford lies 5 miles to the east with a variety of antique shops to browse in. For a larger selection of shops and amenities there are the towns of Swindon, with its Railway museum and designer outlet shopping centre, the market town of Newbury and the lovely old town of Bath is approximately one hours drive west along the A4.
*There is a main line railway that runs past the cottage and station in Great Bedwyn with direct access to London Paddington in approximately one hour. There is also the occasional steam train passing by on its way to the west country.
Please check location map.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 Aug 2014
"Very nice home at a strategic location."
This nice home which is well kept by the owners living nexdoor. The largi living kitchen invites to do home kooking but also there is dining facilities at walking distance. The spacy living and bedroo… More
Thank you for your review. With regards to the central heating boiler! The boiler has been checked by Worcester Bosch and found to have a leak, which has been fixed. Had you told us about the smell earlier instead of when you were leaving we could have got it fixed sooner.
2 Mar 2012
"Excellent property in very good location"
Kestrel Cottage provided excellent accommodation for our family of 5 when we visited in February.
The property has everything you need (and more) for a family to stay.
Mary and Martin are excellent hosts with nothing too much trouble.
The location of the property is ideal for walks along the canal and as a base for touring the area. Plenty to see and do in Wiltshire and the south coast just over an hour away. We also went to London for the day which our boys loved.
All in all, a very good break for the week, several days out and a nice, comfortable, clean house as well. Would recommend to all.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Oct 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 255 properties
- 60 properties
- 49 properties
- 36 properties
- 35 properties
- 32 properties
- 31 properties
- 30 properties
- 18 properties
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- Wootton Bassett
- 13 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Stockbridge, Hampshire
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties