About the home
Cosy, little english style detached Bungalow in a quiet residential area.
Ideal base location for sight seeing trips to London, Canterbury or Dover with good rail and bus connections,
Traditional living room with fireplace.
The master bedroom can be enjoyed in smart retro design and has two single beds.
Romantic second bedroom with brass frame double bed and embroidered pillows.
NEW high spec, built in kitchen with solid oak work tops and integrated Bosch kitchen appliances.(completion from 1st March 2013)
NEW Bathroom (wet room) with rain forest walk in shower and bath, plus additional Blue LED lighting for relaxing in the bath.
Fully tiled separate toilet
Secluded private back garden with BBQ and garden furntiure.
500 meters walking distance to nearest beach and 2 km from either Margate and Birchington main sands and town centre. 1 min walk to bus stop.
Close to pubs, excellent indian restaurant, chinese takeaway. Small local supermarket just up the road.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Westgate beach, 500m|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 100m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen provided, please check with the advertiser regarding towels|
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
Carpeted living room and bedrooms,
NEW high spec, built in kitchen with solid oak work tops and Bosch kitchen appliances.
Conservatory dining area with granit slate flooring ans solid wood dining table
Everything well equipped with all the comforts of your own home.
Large wall mounted 42'' Flat screen HD TV with Freeview
Further details outdoors:
Last house in a cul-de-sac road. No road traffic.
Lovely flowering front and back garden.
Very secluded private back garden, garden furniture with BBQ.
No stairs, good access from the road into the house for disabled.
Herb garden, fruit trees for you to harvest.
We speak English and German
It is necessary to pay a deposit of 50% of the total rental cost to secure your booking. This can be paid either by cheque or by bank transfer and payment receipt will be confirmed in writng. The remaining balance can be paid with the deposit but must paid 8 weeks before arrival. The 10% deposit is not refundable if booking is cancelled. The cancellation fee 2 weeks prior to arrival is 80% of total rental cost. Alternative booking date instead of cancellation is negotiatable and subject to availability.
An additional cost of 15 pounds is charged per animal.
A breakage deposit of 100 GBP or 150 Euros is required with the balance, which will be refunded at the end of the holiday, less the cost of any breakages or missing inventory.
No extra cleaning, electric or water charges.
Towels are not included. However pls ask, we can arrange this too if your luggage space is restricted.
Standard changeover day is saturday, arrival time no earlier than 14.00 h, departure at 10.00 h am. Other agreements possible, but must be confirmed in advance.
The South East England / Kent region
- Kent is said to be the Fruit Garden of England. Drive through the picturesque villages and countryside and enjoy the thatched cottages, oast houses and sheep farms.
- Visit medieval castles in Dover, Deal, Rochester, Hever or Leeds castle.
- Local markets and boot fairs. Folkstone market on sundays is a must. Fresh sea food stall and french stallholders offer local produce such as cheese, meats and wine.
- Ideal for day trips to London, catch the train directly into central London or go by car 90 min drive and leave the car on the outskirts of London and then just hop into the London Underground to visit your places of intesest.
- Visit Canterbury with its city walls and catheral. Go shopping in the large town centre and take a break in one of the old english tea rooms.
- Visit the Northforeland Lighthouse or Joss Bay, one of many beautiful bays along Thanets coasts. Stroll under the white cliffs or search for shells, shrimps and small crabs in the rock pools when the tide is out.
- Excellent choice of golf courses in the areas between Sandwich and Margate.
- A mild climate all year round, summer 20-25°c. Winter rarely below zero. 4-10°c. Common sea breeze.
- The surrounding Thanet coastal area was an booming holiday hot spot at the turn of the century, as sea bathing started to become highly popular. Victoria /georgien achitecture is still clearly visible today and adds to Thanets flair. As newly discovered at the time, the salty sea air is also said to be good for the rehabilitation of bronchial or asthmatic illnesses.
The Margate / Westrook area
Kilometers of sandy beaches to stroll along. With kids rides and attactions on main sands.
Margate sea front with promanade and Clock Tower, amusements with slot machines and one armed bandits.
Margate High Street and Westwood Cross offer shopping opportunities.
Many local pubs, bars and restaurants to choose from for a good night out.
Also check the following sites for their current program of events:
Canterbury Marlow Theater
Winter Gardens, Cliftonville
Theater Royal, Margate
Granville Theater, Ramsgate
Visit Birchington with its lovely peaceful beach, traditional english pubs and pay the Powell Cotton muesum a visit.
Highly recommendable is a visit to Broadstairs, charmed by Charles Dickens who lived had lived there. Beautiful beach and old High Street, Dickens Museum. Fireworks on the main beach in the summer
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- 40 min by car from Dover Car Ferries
- max. 2 km from Margate or Westgate-on-Sea railway station
- 15 mins. from Kent International Airport, 1 hour 45 from Gatwick / Heathrow Airport
- 50 meters from bus stop for regional and local destinations
- available car hire in the area
- good rail and road links to London, Canterbury, Ramsgate or Dover
- London 90 mins. by car, Canterbury 30 mins.
Activities near Margate
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
04 May 2013
A really pretty little bungalow at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. Fully equipped - especially the kitchen.
Yvonne was kindness personified and demonstrated a sincere wish to ensure that we were happy and comfortable there.
The trains were a bit irritating, but not too much so.
We would definitely ask to stay there again.
09 Aug 2011
The home is right for 2 adults and 2 children and an ideal place for small families. The geographic situation is good to explore the Kent coast and countryside. Good proximity to visit London with train. A quite place, but sometimes trains disturbe the silence, but we all sleeped very well here. Bathroom is very simple but usefull and clean, the shower isn't up to date. In the kitchen is a nice place to eat. Behind the house is a small garden with a table and chairs, a good place to read a book.
For our guests at The Bungalow this year, we now have an open plan kitchen conservatory tiled throughout with granit slate flooring. We have also gone all out and completely reburbished the bathroom. Floor to ceiling tiling, new rain effect walk-in shower and special blue starlight lighting from the celing so you can have a relaxing bath under the stars. We look forward to seeing you at The Bungalow this year. Best regards Yvonne
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|winter off peak||6 Oct 12||23 Dec 12||£ 300||£ 75||£ 75||Flexible|
|winter off peak 2013||23 Dec 12||3 Mar 13||£ 320||£ 75||£ 75||1 Night|
|March / April||3 Mar 13||28 Apr 13||£ 360||£ 75||£ 75||1 Night|
|May||28 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 400||£ 100||£ 100||1 Night|
|June||1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 500||£ 100||£ 100||1 Night|
|July / August||29 Jun 13||7 Sep 13||£ 610||£ 100||£ 100||1 Night|
|September||7 Sep 13||5 Oct 13||£ 520||£ 100||£ 100||1 Night|
|Winter off peak||5 Oct 13||21 Dec 13||£ 340||£ 75||£ 75||1 Night|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Standard payment is in GBP, but can accept Euros. Pls. ask for more details.
We have special rates if there are only 2 persons. Please ask for a quote.
Tea and coffee provided. Free use of whatever else in is the cupboards and of course help yourself to the herbs and fruit from the garden.
Enjoy your stay!Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This bungalow has received 2 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in England (22,216)