Modern Maidstone House
House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
A recently constructed (2009) modern three bedroom semi detached family home situated in a cul-de-sac and located in the popular area of Boughton Monchelsea, Maidstone, Kent.
This stunning three storey house offers three bedrooms with an en-suite to the master bedroom and a family bathroom to the first floor.
On the ground floor there is an entrance hallway, good size lounge, downstairs cloakroom and fantastic kitchen/diner. To the first floor, two bedrooms plus a family bathroom and to the top floor master with en-suite.
The property is beautifully presented throughout and offers all of the top of the range features that you would expect from a show house including granite work surfaces in the kitchen with high gloss cupboards and units, built-in top of the range wardrobes, luxury en-suite and family bathroom. The property benefits from gas fired central heating and double glazing together with a garage and parking space; there is also rear garden, which is neatly enclosed. All furnitures are brand new including a 6 seater sofa, 60inch Plasma TV in the lounge, beds and TV's in all three bedrooms, San Francisco Black Dining Table + 6 PVC Chairs etc.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Hasting 41 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1.6 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: London City Airport 41.58 km, Nearest railway: Maidstone East Railway Station 4.9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
Brand new 60inch Plasma TV with Freeview and radio in lounge. There is a TV with Freeview and Radio in every bedroom. Garden contains Bistro table and chairs. Access to garage from front and rear through the garden.
Bedlinen and towels are provided.
The South East England region
Whether you are looking for relaxation and the chance to unwind or for something more active including great hand's on fun for the younger family members then Kent is the place for you. With many award winning attractions featured together with the best known places to visit and many smaller less well known attractions 'our little gems' - the choice is yours.
Choose from enchanting gardens, historic houses, mysterious castles, cathedrals and country churches, fascinating museums, animal parks, steam trains, amazing maritime heritage and much more including active fun, Kent, the Garden of England has something for everybody. The county's iconic landmarks are Canterbury Cathedral, Leeds Castle and the White Cliffs of Dover.
Maidstone is the county town of Kent, England, only 35 minutes (32 miles / 51 km) south-east of London. The River Medway runs through the centre of the town linking Maidstone to Rochester and the Thames Estuary. Historically, the river was a source and route for much of the town's trade.
Best known for being home to the world-famous Leeds Castle – hailed as ‘the loveliest Castle in the world’ - there is so much more waiting to be discovered in Maidstone. Maidstone Museum and Bentlif Art Gallery is one of the finest regional museums in the South East. Each gallery will fascinate and surprise; with a wealth of exhibits and objects to see and enjoy as well as regular storytelling and children's holiday activities.
Latter years have seen Maidstone progress into an exciting and vibrant town with its vast diversity of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Not just a thriving town centre but one that is surrounded by glorious Kentish countryside, Maidstone boasts the perfect mix of history, culture, leisure and entertainment.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
6 Apr 2014
We experienced a warm and friendly welcome, the house was very clean and beautifully decorated and furnished! We have stayed on and off for the last 3 months while working in Maidstone and I would hig… More
14 Jan 2014
"Modern, clean, perfect accomodation for the family"
The Maidstone house was just perfect for our stay. We had 5 adults staying and managed to fit everyone in comfortably. Despite some bad weather the house was always warm and dry and a great place to c… More
22 Jul 2013
"Beautifully decorated three-bedroom house excellent for a 4-member family"
We stayed at Modern Maidstone House for three days in July. The place was beautifully decorated, well cleaned and ready for us to arrive. Yvonne was extremely helpful and welcoming for directions and advise on arrival. A very pleasant stay. Thank you.
Thank you. You have been excellent guests and we look forward to welcoming you again
17 Jun 2013
"A very nice house to stay"
This was a very nice house for the traveler to stay in. Very Clean and comfortable. The owners were concerned for our welfare and I would not hesitate recommending this house to anyone. There was a S… More
5 Jun 2013
"Excellent. House clean and lovely decorated."
My husband and young son had an excellent stay in the house over a long weekend. Flexible time in meeting us at the house, and greeted by a lovely modern decorated, clean house. Great to have the convenience of parking on our own driveway. Also great to have the back garden. Kitchen equipped for all cooking and good space in the living room/dining room area for my son to play and us to relax. Leeds Castle is spectacular and just ten minute drive away. Childrens play park ljust a short walk away. Will definetly use again, thank you.
7 May 2013
"lovely stay, comfy and convenient location"
We had a lovely stay at Maidstone modern house, the house has all the conveniences you can wish for, every bedroom is very cosy and clean and the area is calm. The town centre is just 10 min. by car, we went easily to London by train. Nice little garden for the children, and a very pleasant lounge to relax.
15 Apr 2013
"Fantastic Spacious House - Great Location"
House is in very good condition. Very modern decorations. Kitchen well appointed. Lounge was big enough for all 5 of us with a huge TV. Sofas are very comfortable.Two bedrooms on first level with… More
25 Mar 2013
"Great Value for money / highly recommended"
On arrival, the owners phoned to confirm if we were happy with the accommodation and if everything was in order which shows how they take their clients' needs into consideration.We all felt that … More
1 Mar 2013
Here is a list of the SHORTCOMINGS we experienced: 1.The advert says sleeping for 5.There is no bed for a 5th person! It was unexpected and extremely inconvenient to use the lounge sofa and the advert… More
This luxurious, modern house was bought for personal reason and we only decided later to rent out the house. The quality of the house is excellent. It is important to point out that this review was written by an angry guest who was upset that £60 was deducted from their £150 security deposit due to them leaving the house in a bad condition. We have sent them emails with photos of evidence.
In response to the incorrect the review:
1. This house caters for 5 people. We have 1 double bed in the master bedroom which caters for 2 people, double bedroom on the second floor, which again caters for 2 people and the single bed which caters for one. This equals to 5! Furthermore, there are pictures on the website of all bedrooms so you saw the sizes of the beds before you arrived at the house. No other previous guests have had problems sleeping in the double bed on the second floor. Therefore, there was no reason for any guest to use the sofa as a bed.
2. We never received a missed call. Furthermore, we gave 2 mobile numbers and you may have only phoned one as we keep the other phone with us at all times. Our cleaner was always available and you contacted her on numerous occasions.
3. Due to the Christmas period which normally costs £600 and this was reduced to £500 per week as a gesture of good will.
4. In addition, we were generous in allowing, kindly, when asked, for a Christmas tree to be assembled (bearing in mind the holiday home was not set up to cater for this extra request). We further explained about the sudden illness and further clarified the reasons why we were unable to drive there to set up a Christmas tree for your convenience. Upon realising that we were physically unable to go to the house we then allowed the Christmas tree to be set up for you (knowing fully well that it was our choice whether to grant that or not).
5. In regards to the kitchen utensils and apparent shortage, in most holiday homes there are insufficient utensils in the first and care was taken to ensure that utensils offered were adequate. All previous guests have expressed that all utensils offered were not only sufficient but more than they had expected. In addition to plates, cups and saucers, as previously mentioned the holiday home caters only for 5 guests and no more. Therefore, if 2 separate sets of plates and cups were offered this should be more than enough. Any further requests would only suggest that more than 5 people would be needed which we don't think was the case here in according to the amount of guests that stayed. As regards to the egg holders, thank you, as this will be a recommendation.
6. The 2 large sofas in the lounge are of high quality and very comfortable. We decorated our house to the best standard. There is more than sufficient space for 5 guests to sit on both sofas.
7. In regards to the shower, it was in fact working. There was a roller missing at the bottom of the sliding door and your safety was in our interest which is why the cleaner advised you not to use the shower. We did in fact offer to come to the house with the roller part to fix the shower, but your brother told us that you would not like to be disturbed and that you are happy just using the bathroom on the second floor.
8. Lastly, our cupboards in the kitchen are very well used and are NOT full of messy paperwork. This is completely inaccurate! One cupboard contains a lot of leaflets of food places (pizza, curry etc.) and these were placed there for your convenience.
The reason for the deduction of your security deposit is clearly justified and has been explained comprehensively in the email we sent you initially which contains photographs and fully detailed and descriptive explanations. We are very disappointed that you decided to write an inaccurate review. We have only had positive responses from guests.
7 Nov 2012
"A great house, perfect"
We rented this house as my daughter was getting married in Tenterden; so it was a great location between Bluebell Hill, London and Tenterden. Maidstone town is a short drive away and has a good bus service and three mainline train stations which link to London and the south east coast. It was a great sized house with a large lounge/dinner. We especially liked the garage as we used this to do the flower arrangements.
It had broadband internet which was marvelous to make final arrangements and stay in touch with family and friends
I didn't like having to change/take off my shoes every time I entered the house by back and front door due to the cream carpets, the owner had left a selection of slippers and garden shoes but it was a pain.
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
70% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 140 properties
- 76 properties
- 69 properties
- Ashford, Kent
- 44 properties
- New Romney
- 30 properties
- 25 properties
- 24 properties
- 24 properties
- 22 properties
- Tunbridge Wells
- 19 properties
- Isle of Sheppey
- 12 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- Ewhurst Green
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties