from £54 /night help
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
The cottage has a warm comfortable and inviting atmosphere benefiting from a large conservatory for dining and relaxing leading on to a small patio for sun bathing and al fresco dining.
The addition of the new games in 2013 has proved very popular and offers a new dimension to our accommodation. Featuring a Pool Table, Darts, large screen TV and various games for the younger guests.
Just a few minutes stroll will take you to Lulworth Cove and the beach. In the immediate area there are many restaurants and pubs catering for the family.
The cottage is also within approximately 20 minutes drive of the world renowned exclusive Sandbanks with beautiful golden beaches and water sports. Twelve miles in the other direction is Weymouth.
For those that enjoy walking or hiking the Jurassic Coast offers stunning views and paths to explore the Dorset Countryside.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lulworth Cove|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bournemouth, Nearest railway: Wool|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
Sleeping accommodation consists of master bedroom with double bed, second bedroom with double bed and a third bedroom with adult bunk beds. On the ground floor there is a "Z" bed.
On the first floor there is a family bathroom with bath, separate shower, w.c. and wash hand basin. On the ground floor there a shower room with vanity unit and separate w.c. with vanity unit.
There is a large comfortable lounge with satellite TV leading on to the hall and large fully fitted Moben breakfast kitchen. The extensive conservatory has dining and lounge facilities for 6.
|Further details outdoors|
The patio offers an outdoor dining table and 6 chairs, secluded sun bathing area and the drive caters for 2 cars behind electric gates which offers good security for small children.
The garden area is planted with tropical plants and roses.
The Dorset region
2012 Olympics - We are 12 miles from Weymouth which is hosting the sailing events.
Lulworth Cove tends to benefit from a good local climate generally one or two degrees warmer than the surrounding areas.
The area is historically known as "Hardy Country" referring to the author Thomas Hardy. His home is now a National Trust property near Dorchester and well worth a visit. Lawrence of Arabia is buried in the village of Moreton a mere 10 minutes drive away. His home, a National Trust property, is also nearby and very interesting.
The Dorset coast is a World Heritage Site known as the "Jurassic Coast. Charmouth is a popular haunt for fossil hunters and those hoping to find the odd dinasaur!
PLACES OF INTEREST.
John and I would like to welcome you to Tewkesbury Orchard and we hope you find it comfortable and have a lovely holiday in Lulworth Cove.
If you are new to an area it is sometimes nice to have help with local knowledge.
1. Tyneham Village – to be found on the MoD ranges. This village was evacuated during WW2 to house the army for the D-day Landings. The villagers were given 48 hours to leave and all intended to return after the war but it was not to be. The houses in the village are in ruins but the school house is in tact and has the last lesson that was taught put out on the desks and the church has a very interesting information area all about the people who lived at Tyneham. – the good news is it is free to visit and well worth it.
From Tyneham you can walk to Worbarrow Bay.
2. Once on the ranges carry on to Corfe Castle. This is a National Trust property and well worth the walk to the top. Not as bad as it looks.
3. From Corfe head to Studland and Sandbanks. Excellent sandy beaches. Studland is National Trust and has facilities but you do have to pay to park if you are not member. Sandbanks has lots for the children and cafes etc.
4. Branksome Chine – lovely beach and very nice Beach Café. Fairly expensive but the views are wonderful – right on the beach.
5. Thomas Hardy’s cottage – again National Trust. Quite a walk from the car park and can be muddy.
6. Moreton village. About 10 minutes from Lulworth. Lawrence of Arabia’s grave and you must go in the church. The church was bombed during WW2 and the windows have been replaced in a very different way. Tea rooms at Moreton good for lunch and I believe open for Sunday lunch. Nice garden at the rear to eat out if the weather is good.
7. Clouds Hill - Lawrence of Arabia’s cottage – again National Trust.
8. Dorchester – Pleasant town, 2 supermarkets Tesco and Waitrose. Tesco is on the outskirts but Waitrose is in the centre with it’s own car park.
9. Poundbury – Owned by Prince’s Trust. Prince Charles is very involved in the architecture. Worth a look and has some nice restaurants. The Octagon and The Engine Room are a couple we have tried. They are open during the day but not evenings. Bistro atmosphere.
10. Must mention the Spa shop at Wool. Hot food available – very good pizza’s made to order, wedges, chicken etc. Always busy expect to wait.
Burton Bradstock, 30 minutes drive, has a very good beach cafe which has an excellent selection of locally caught fish on it's menu and caters for the family.
These are just a flavour of the places to see I haven’t touched on all the wonderful walks in the area – (Durdle Door is a must)
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
15 Sep 2014
"Lovely, spacious, well equipped cottage in good location."
The cottage is ideally located for coastal path walks & Dorset's main attractions. A beautiful place to return to and relax. We had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. A very enjoy… More
1 Jun 2014
"All of us had a great time."
The cottage was just as described, very clean with nice cmfortable beds as well as plenty of room for the 15 month old twins to enjoy the space. We actually never got to use the lounge as we prefered … More
27 Dec 2013
"Perfect Xmas Break!"
What a fantastic cottage and a perfect location! Very clean and tidy with an excellent games room too! Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove within a short walk and plenty of places to eat also within walking… More
19 Aug 2013
"A perfect let in a perfect place"
This is our second year of hopefully many coming to Pearl's cottage in West Lulworth and we have found it to be perfectly positioned, very well presented and perfect for our stay with two young c… More
1 Jun 2013
"An excellent cottage for a family holiday"
The house is spacious, very clean and well equipped. It's outstanding feature is a large, light filled conservatory, where we ate all our meals, and generally spent most of our time when not out … More
31 Oct 2012
We stayed here for a short break, 5 nights, with good friends in September. Perfect location, just a few steps to the local shop, restaurants, pubs and sea. Such a lovely area with so many tourist attractions. The cottage was extremely well appointed, spacious rooms, one full bathroom, one separate toilet and one separate shower room. Everything we could need in the kitchen, living room and conservatory. The gated parking was another plus. I could happily live there! Would recommend it to families and adults alike.
23 Sep 2012
"Lovely large cottage"
Lovely cottage in a lovely location with one or two reservations, namely an unpleasant lingering smell in the living room, an extremely filthy oven which made us decide not to use it, also the cottage was advertised as being suitable for children of all ages but there was no high chair or stair gates available for our use. Apart from these points it was a lovely cottage.
30 May 2012
"A lovely cottage, lots of space, great location. When can we go back?"
We had a lovely few days exploring the area around Lulworth Cove and just relaxing. We were surprised to find such a good cottage in a great location at short notice. There are a number of similar properties in West Lulworth. Some are recently built but in the style of the older properties.
The cottage has a particularly large conservatory with lots of comfortable chairs which also doubles as a dining room. This is where we spent most of our time when at the cottage.
The owners give lots of tips for things to do in the area. The scenery is fantastic.
Just a note that a large area to the east of Lulworth Cove and stretching some way inland is an army firing range which is closed to the public Monday to Friday.
18 Apr 2012
"Home from home; the perfect place to retreat and relax."
Tewkesbury Orchard has the feel of a quaint English country cottage, near to the sea, yet is very spacious family accommodation, suitable for all and sleeps 6 people very comfortably (2 in bunk beds)… More
16 Apr 2012
"Beautiful thatched cottage in a stunning part of Dorset."
we have just enjoyed a weeks holiday in this beautiful thatched cottage set in the lovely village of West Lulworth on the Dorset coast.The cottage is very homely with off road parking and all the am… More
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:25 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 2340 properties
- 1861 properties
- Isle of Wight
- 1243 properties
- 365 properties
- 57 properties
- Brighstone Bay
- 36 properties
- Blackdown Hills
- 26 properties