Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The apartment is situated on the 3rd floor of an histroric “palazzo” a short distance from the famous Guinigi Tower and Via Fillungo (main shopping street)
Entrance, kitchen with fire-place, hob, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 1 bathroom with wc, basin, living room with 1 double sofabed , TV, access to a terrace (about 10 sqm) equipped with a table, chairs and deckchair. 1 double bedroom, 1 bathroom with shower, wc, bidet, washing machine. The apartment is furnished tastefully, in country style with beamed ceilings, walls pastel coloured.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Viareggio 20 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa International Airport Galileo Galilei 28 km, Nearest railway: Lucca 800 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details outdoors|
Parking can be found in the city centre on payment, otherwise free parking can be found around the outside of the Wall. bike hire is very popular and is a great way of seeing the city- you can cycle or walk on the Wall.
"Overall very nice. The many stairs gave us that extra muscle building...healthy for us. The only issues we had were a light burning out and blowing out a circuit breaker, and we were charged for electricity for heat when we had no knowledge as to how to turn it on...it read "manual off." We appreciated the reduction of 10 euros to compensate for this issue.
Loved Lucca. Met many of the local people. During our two week stay, many of them we saw on a daily basis...a wonderful friendly community. We looked forward to our daily morning walk on the wall...the best way to begin our days. Again, we met up with many of the same local walkers and runners. We were surrounded by many good restaurants offering delicious food, fun people, and different ambiences. " 25 April 2012
"We loved the apartment in Lucca, centrally located, very spacious, great kitchen and lovely little roof top terrace. Very quiet and would happily stay there again.
Lucca is a gem of a city, loved riding on rented bikes." 5 Oct 2011
"Excellent location. Spectacular views from the terrace -- including the Torre Guinigi. Very tastefully decorated and well outfitted. The landlord's friendly mother lives across the hall and was very helpful.
My favourite city in Tuscany! If you haven't seen it yet, don't wait another minute. The best food in Tuscany as well. " 1 July 2010.
The use of air conditioning and heating is not included in the rental price and will be charged on consumption.
A security deposit of 200 Euros should be paid upon arrival and is returned at the end of the stay after inspecting the accommodation for any accidental damages.
30% of rental fee is due immediately on booking and the remaining 70% due not less than 30 days before arrival.
The Tuscany region
Tuscany is the most well known Italian region world wide, famous for its art, history and evocative landscapes. Strategically placed in the centre of Italy, it stretches over the slope of the Apennines and reaches the Tyrrhenian Sea. The Tuscan landscape, mainly mountainous and hilly, is one of the most representative images of Italy in the world, but the region also has a plane (the Maremma), long sandy beaches and headlands as well as the small enchanting islands of the Tuscan archipelago.
The whole region is an unrivalled centre of art dating across the centuries, with Etruscan ruins (in Fiesole, Chiusi, Volterra, Populonia), Roman monuments, Romanesque architecture and impressive Gothic cathedrals.
Lucca still seems today like a labyrinth of squares and lanes which get narrower and more concealed the closer one gets to the heart of the centre. Visitors to Lucca not only admire the historic beauties of the town but can also indulge their palates in the mouth-watering local specialities. One can go shopping in the Via Fillungo (the most famous shopping mile of the centre) where boutiques, antique shops, coffee bars and “trattorias” characterize the townscape.
Very near to the Fillungo is the place drama lovers went to the theatre during the period of the Romans. Centuries later houses were built on the foundations of this imperial theatre and so the oval shaped “Piazza del Anfiteatro” was born. This square is one of the most picturesque in the whole of Italy and one of the most well- known in the whole world. It is a “must” for every tourist because you can still see the remains of the original town wall.