The Cottage At Loch Tay
About the home
Located in the quiet rural hamlet of Acharn, in beautiful Highland Perthshire, "The Cottage At Loch Tay" is just two minutes walk through a private forest to a tranquil lochside beach. With stunning loch, mountain and forest views (not to mention the Red Squirrels, Ospreys, Deer, Pine Martens and Highland Cattle) this is one of Scotland's prime locations for those wishing to get away from it all, whilst still having access to an abundance of all-weather activities for all the family.
If you are unfamiliar with the the area, you will find a large amount of tourist & local information as well as more detailed information about the cottage by following the link to our website in the contact area of this page below.
Recently modernised to a very high standard, “The Cottage At Loch Tay” is superbly equipped to make your family stay luxurious, providing a level of quality equipment and extras not commonly seen in self catering accommodation. Put your feet up in front of the open fire with a glass of wine, or cook up a feast in the state of the art kitchen. All the comforts of home have been provided to ensure that you can relax in comfortable surroundings. The cottage is equipped with a surround sound TV and hundreds of DVDs, a Playstation and games, as well as books, family games and CDs (with MP3 link) to give you plenty to do on those lazy days.
When you decide to explore the local area, personalised visitor information has been well laid out, to ensure you can take full advantage of your stay. Here you will find details about the local towns and villages; recommended walks and drives; recommended local restaurants and shops and information about places to visit within 100 miles. The local towns and villages are packed with independent retailers and high street brands so you can be sure of finding that extra special gift. We have even provided a fully equipped mountain bike and a 3 person inflatable boat to encourage you to see the area from a different perspective.
During the winter months, ski enthusiasts are well catered for, and can travel to Glencoe, Glenshee, Aviemore and the Lecht in under 90 minutes, allowing them freedom of movement across all of Scotlands skiing resorts, depending on the snow conditions. A perfect scenario - which avoids the inflated cost of winter ski resort accommodation but still has the luxury of all the Perthshire visitor attractions close at hand, in case of poor snowfall.
Young children are not only welcome but are well catered for with cot-bed, high chair etc, provided as standard. Pets can be accommodated by arrangement.
Loch Tay is a photographers paradise, being a peaceful, unspoiled area of outstanding natural beauty. Less than a mile away from the cottage is the only reconstruction of a Crannog, a 2000 year old loch-dwelling, built on stilts in the water. Located within walking distance of the unspoiled village of Kenmore, you are never far away from shops, pubs and restaurants. The cottage is located almost in the exact centre of Scotland, making it the ideal location to explore further afield. You can see a video of the local area and "The Cottage" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBH4qTpuw9Y
|Size:||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Lochside Beach, 100m|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
Nearest amenities: 2km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player, Boat available for guest use|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Private fishing lake / river|
Further details indoors:
• Recently modernised to the highest standard.
• Fully equipped modern kitchen.
• Beautifully designed, unique open fireplace.
• Unique artwork and objects d’art throughout.
• TV with 5.1 surround sound and subwoofer.
• DVDs/videos/music CD’s, family games, local interest books etc.
• Six person luxury picnic set & car battery powered cooler.
• Incredibly detailed and personalised guest information pack including 3 local walks of increasing difficulty and 3 local circular drives of varying lengths.
• Cot-bed & Blanket, stair gate, highchair, bed guard rail.
• Single beds are Z beds and are suitable for general or occasional use.
• Ample hanging and storage space for up to 5 adults.
• Digital programmable safe.
• A wide range of extras including binoculars, universal camera charger, rucksack, umbrellas - everything you may forget to bring from home!
Further details outdoors:
• Unlimited parking.
• Use of fully equipped adult mountain bike, including trip computer, water bottle etc.
• Use of 3 person inflatable dinghy, oars & buoyancy aids, with electric and manual pumps.
• Portable gas barbecue.
• Private & secure rear garden with stunning mountain views equipped with exterior table/chairs & parasol.
• Lockable shed with electricity supply.
• Lockable coal & log store.
• 100m from private beach and private jetty on Loch Tay (boat hire can be arranged).
• 50m from private children’s playpark with swings, slide, extensive sandplay and rope slide.
• Salmon & trout fishing available on Loch & River (by permit – available from local post office).
• Located on Cycle Route 7 & “Rob Roy Way”
• Located at start of a notified walk to a Perthshire beauty spot.
• Personalised What’s on guide provided with booking to allow you to book in advance.
• Personalised excursion information provided on request.
• Guest information pack provided on arrival with details of local facilities, cottage appliances etc.
• Local representative on hand to answer any questions.
• See our website for more details on the accommodation and local area (click on "View Advertisers Website" in the contact details area of this page.
• A well behaved dog is allowed by prior arrangement, but sorry, no cats.
• Strictly no smoking in any room.
• Refundable Security Deposit of £100 required prior to arrival, to be refunded within two weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
• 20% of rental fee due to allow confirmation of booking.
• Full payment of rental fee due six weeks before your stay to secure booking.
• Online payment facillities available (incurs a 4% admin fee).
The Tayside / Perthshire / Perth and Kinross region
Highland Perthshire is an incredibly dramatic part of the world. It boasts some of the highest mountains, some of the most beautiful and tranquil lochs and the longest and loneliest glen in Scotland. Many beautiful hamlets, villages and towns nestle in what is commonly known as “Big Tree Country” and the capital, Perth, is a delightful, vibrant city for young and old alike. The region is steeped in history, ancient and modern, one minute you can be sitting in a 2000 year old loch dwellers living room making fire with sticks, the next you can be marvelling at the sumptuous bed that Queen Victoria slept in, on her honeymoon.
The region is home to many famous distilleries, and, if golf is your scene, you have the choice of some of the most spectacular courses in the country. The area also boasts the only castle in Europe with its own private army. From deer stalking to white water rafting, every outdoor activity can be found within the region. Situated in the centre of Scotland, Highland Perthshire is ideally placed to use as a base to explore the furthest reaches of the country.
The Loch Tay area
Loch Tay is the sixth largest loch in Scotland and is over 150 metres deep at its deepest. It is approximately 14½ miles long and over a mile wide. Ben Lawers, the UK’s 10th highest mountain at 1214m, proudly emerges from the waters of the loch to provide a dramatic backdrop. The loch stands at the head of the River Tay, the longest river in Scotland. Kenmore, a small unspoilt village, at the eastern end of Loch Tay boasts the oldest inn in Scotland, The Kenmore Hotel, which dates back to 1572. The Kenmore Hotel stands at the gate of Taymouth Castle, reputedly the most important Scottish castle remaining in private ownership. A video of the local area can be found on our own website by following the link below.
Every imaginable watersport from scuba diving to parascending is available on the loch, whilst the mountains are home to hikers, gorge walkers, field sports fanatics, mountaineers and wildlife enthusiasts. Cyclists and horse riders can saddle up in the local area and there are two golf courses (one 9 and one 18 hole) within 5 minutes drive. Dewar’s distillery in Aberfeldy will delight the whisky connoisseur, whilst younger visitors will find the local wildlife parks more to their taste. The area is packed full of activities, so whatever the weather, there is always something new to see and do nearby.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
79 Miles From Edinburgh or Glasgow Airport
(1 hour 45 Minutes)
Directions will be sent upon confirmation of booking
Activities near Loch Tay
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Winter (Low)||3 Nov 12||22 Dec 12||£ 475||£ 79||£ 79||3 Nights|
|Xmas & New Year||22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 800||£ 132||£ 132||3 Nights|
|Winter (Low)||5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 475||£ 79||£ 79||3 Nights|
|Winter (Mid)||16 Feb 13||23 Feb 13||£ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter (Low)||23 Feb 13||29 Mar 13||£ 475||£ 79||£ 79||3 Nights|
|Easter (High)||29 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|Spring (Mid)||13 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 540||£ 90||£ 90||3 Nights|
|Spring (High)||1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 575||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer (Peak)||29 Jun 13||7 Sep 13||£ 675||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn (Mid)||7 Sep 13||21 Dec 13||£ 540||£ 90||£ 90||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• Refundable £100 breakage deposit required with final balance payment.
• We can only accept payments by cheque, bank transfer or PayPal in GBP.
• We apply a 4% administration charge for PayPal payments.
• Please enquire about Fri/Sat only bookings where nightly rates are indicatedBook
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Holiday homes in Scotland (3,257)