Gîtes de La Hoguette
£122 / night£853 / week
About the home
A “propriété de maître” set on 9-acre grounds, La Hoguette offers two self-catering holiday rental homes. Each accommodation is quite private, with its own spacious, secure and enclosed garden, amongst an attractive park and apple orchard. The 4-bedroom Dairy can accommodate 9 and is particularly well-suited for a family holiday or a gathering of friends. The Cottage is a restored 18th century half-timbered still house where cider was distilled into calvados; it is a perfect romantic hideaway for couples. It can sleep 3, 5 with the sofa-bed in the living-room, which increases to 12 or 14 the overall capacity for larger groups of families or friends.
The gîtes are about 300 feet from each other, they have their own garden, garden furniture and barbecue.
Baby and toddler equipment provided: highchair, 2 wooden cots, a changing station, baby-bath, safety gate.
La Hoguette is dog-friendly. Blankets are provided.
If you are celebrating a special event, we shall be happy to help, we live on site. We have welcomed family gatherings, party groups, including ramblers, cyclists, motorcyclists. A wedding has been held at La Hoguette, even a religious celebration.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 12, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Cabourg, 45km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
Nearest amenities: 10km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||TV, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details outdoors:
Enjoy the vast unspoilt open space of La Hoguette, exceptional in the typically well-groomed French countryside.
The 9-acre entirely enclosed orchard is yours to explore, either for a stroll, a picnic, or bird-watching or to fly your kite.
Children will enjoy the swings, getting to know the property cats and dogs and feeding our 2 friendly Shetland ponies.
The network of rambling trails is accessible right from La Hoguette.
The Normandy / Calvados region
With its 350 miles of coastline and richly varied landscapes, Normandy offers a wonderful choice of scenery and culture: the stunning beauty of the cliffs in Étretat or the long sandy beaches, steeped in history, from Caen to Arromanches, the Seine Valley winding between wooded hills and chalk escarpments, the craggy hills of the Suisse Normande, and the patchwork of fields and hedges of the Calvados county with its orchards and timber-framed cottages.
Calvados is one of the 3 "départements" (counties) of Lower Normandy, along with Manche and Orne.
Annexed by Roman legions and Viking adventurers, disputed for centuries by English and French kings, beach-head for D-Day armies, Normandy is a melting-pot of peoples and languages, a cross-roads where cultures and ideas, artefacts and produce, have met and mingled, giving it a rich heritage of traditions, monuments and history.
The Channel coast, the banks of the Seine River, Rouen, Honfleur, Giverny were home to the impressionist painters, inspired by the unique light of the Norman skies.
In Normandy you can experience every type of weather in a single day, meaning it is ever changing; the reason is the closeness of the sea with its changeable and innumerable winds. The climate is mild. Good levels of rain mean that the countryside is green but there are usually more sunny days than cloudy or rainy days. The weather does not get to the high temperatures seen elsewhere in France and it can be unpredictable. However occasional days reaching 80* F (27* C) are not unusual in the summer and the winter months are relatively mild.
In Montpinçon, you will be centrally located for sightseeing Normandy: Deauville and Honfleur (35 miles), beaches (Cabourg, 25 miles), the Landing Beaches (35 miles), Monet’s Giverny (65 miles), Mont Saint-Michel (85 miles), the local market (6 miles) or the lanes of our Montpinçon forest.
The Lisieux / South Pays d'Auge area
The best kept secret in Normandy: a privileged position of proximity, yet bucolic unspoilt countryside!
The Pays d’Auge is an area in Normandy, straddling the départements of Calvados, Orne and Eure. The main towns are Lisieux, Falaise, Pont L’Évêque, Deauville and Trouville.
Generally considered as the “true Normandy”, it is a landscape of apple orchards, quiet dales with verdant pastures and half-timbered manors.
It is noted for its cheeses - Pont L’Évêque, Camembert, Livarot, also names of villages only 10 and 6 miles away from La Hoguette. The Pays d'Auge has been granted the “appellation d’origine contrôlée”, the famous AOC, for its cheeses and for its cider, Pommeau and Calvados. General consensus states that the Normans of Pays d'Auge, with their AOC status, make the best cider.
• Falaise, 13 miles away, the birthplace of William the Conqueror, Duke of Normandy and King of England, is the cradle of the Anglo-Norman dynasty. Bearing witness to the great power of the Anglo-Norman Duke-Kings, this palace-keep is a rare example of medieval architecture combining both a military and a residential purpose.
• Lisieux, 15 miles away, is world-famous thanks to Therese Martin, better known as Sainte-Thérèse-de-Lisieux. A town of pilgrimage, it has retained many tokens of its rich past – the "Canonical Quarter", the 12th century cathedral, the Episcopal Palace, the hôtel du Haut Doyenné, the Bishop's Palace Garden, the 17th century courthouse.
• The Château de Saint-Germain-de-Livet, "The Wonder of the Pays d'Auge": this little fortress nestling in the bottom of a valley is a true gem, with its coloured stone and green-varnished bricks. Built in the 16th century, it is one of the most precious examples of architecture in the Pays d'Auge in the Renaissance period. The interior is embellished with 18th and 19th century furniture and 16th century frescoes.
• The CERZA animal park, 17 miles away, at Hermival-les-Vaux: 500 wild animals in an area of over 123 acres. A Safari Train takes visitors on tours of the park.
• Le Pin National Stud farm, « Versailles for horses » is 13 miles away. Discover the world of horses through an exceptional heritage handed down over the centuries since Louis the 14th - its architecture, its landscapes, pedigree horses, 18th Century château and stable blocks, a delight for seniors and young alike.
• The Channel sea resorts such as Cabourg 25 miles away, Deauville and Trouville.
• Enjoy a stroll and a café crème at the local markets, there is one for each day of the week: Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives on Mondays, the most famous, well-attended since the 13th century, but also Argentan on Tuesdays, Orbec on Wednesdays, Falaise or Lisieux on Saturdays.
• Visit the annual exhibition at The Folk Museum of Le Billot, 1 mile away, right in Montpinçon, always about some aspect of life in Pays d’Auge from prehistory to 1945.
• Tennis, kayaking, swimming-pool 7 m. away.
• Aquacentre 13 m. away.
• Horseback-riding, angling & fishing, golfing 3 m. away.
• Mountain biking, hiking right in the lanes and the woods of Montpinçon
• Paragliding and hand-gliding, right in Montpinçon
• Rock-climbing 20 m. away in Suisse Normande
• Horse races at the many race-tracks – the very local such as Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives or the more prestigious like Deauville.
• Promenades musicales en Pays d’Auge in July and August, at least 40 concerts in at times surprising locations, within a radius of 20 miles
• Septembre musical de l’Orne in September, within a radius of 50 miles
• Equestrian events at Le Pin National Stud farm
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- 1 hour drive from Ouistreham and Le Havre ferries, 4 hours from Calais Eurostar or ferries
- 200 km west of Paris, 40 km south-east of Caen
- 45 minutes from Caen or Deauville airports.
- 3 hours from Charles de Gaulle Paris Airport.
- car hire at Lisieux train station, 25 minutes away.
Activities near Lisieux
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
14 May 2013
En vacances pendant une dizaine de jours dans le gite de la Laiterie nous avons adoré.
Les photos de l'intérieur laissent présager un endroit reposant et agréable et c'est vraiment le... more
20 Aug 2012
Nous avons passé un séjour charmant à la Hoguette, malgré le temps "normand". Les gîtes sont très bien équipés et notre hôte nous a reçus avec beaucoup de prévenance et d'attention.... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 12|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low season||7 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||€ 840||-||-||2 Nights|
|Holiday season||16 Feb 13||16 Mar 13||€ 1100||-||-||2 Nights|
|Mid-season||16 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||€ 999||-||-||2 Nights|
|Holiday season||13 Apr 13||13 May 13||€ 1100||-||-||2 Nights|
|Mid-season||13 May 13||6 Jul 13||€ 999||-||-||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday and Saturday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Minimal stay of 2 nights: €650, €130 each additional night.
Rentals normally run Saturday to Saturday.
Shorter stays of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days are possible, except during public holidays.
A deposit of 40% is required to secure your booking. The balance is payable in full, four weeks before the start of your holiday.
A security deposit of £300 (or the equivalent in euros) is to be remitted upon arrival.
Check-in time is 4.00 p.m., check out time is 10.00 a.m. (alternate times are possible if arranged ahead)
Paypal payment preferred or bank transfer if within the euro zone.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
You are contacting
The owner is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This house has received 2 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
The Dairy at La Hoguette in Lisieux, France
The Cottage at La Hoguette in Lisieux, France