from £56 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Lisbon Riverview apartment offers old world charm in a centenary building of 4 floors, located on a narrow street in Santos-o-Velho, one of central Lisbon's most traditional quarters. The living area totals 120 sq metres spread over 2 levels with tiled and original wood floors, whilst being tastefully furnished and fully equipped with all essential modern conveniences, to provide a home away from home. As well as the riverview front terrace which is ideal for “al fresco” meals, the apartment looks onto neighbouring Lapa with its palaces and gardens to the rear.
City of bright daylight and vibrant nightlife, Lisbon is full of places to explore and stories to enchant those who visit. The quaint neighbourhood of Santos has a good selection of eateries and the Museu de Arte Antiga is only a few minutes away. Located within walking distance, Cais do Sodré has a regular train service along the riverside taking you all the way to the beaches and resorts of Carcavelos, Estoril and Cascais or, you can cross the river on the ferry for a lunch with Lisbon views. The owners of this apartment can also organise a ½ day “Made in Portugal Tour” so that you can take some genuine Portuguese gifts home; or a “Vintage Portuguese Jeep Tour” in Lisbon and its surrounds – ask us about it! And once the sightseeing is over, you can return to your private riverview terrace to enjoy a sun-downer drink, whilst enjoying the light fade over the surrounding rooftops and nearby river, and make plans for the next day explorations!
NB Due to its narrow staircase entrance and no lift facilities, access could be difficult for those with limited mobility (ie the elderly or the very young)!
ACCOMMODATION – 2 TO 6 GUESTS
Lower Level (3rd floor access) - Open plan sitting/dining room w/street facing window and balcony; fully equipped galley type kitchen; twin bedroom.
Upper Level - Study area with twin/day beds (ideal for kids) opening to the south facing riverview terrace; master double bedroom; bathroom (bath w/handheld shower, bidet & basin).
STAFF & SERVICES
The apartment is cleaned before arrival and at the end of the stay, or each week for longer rentals. A basic welcome hamper is included on arrival (wine, drinking water, milk, ice, lemons, coffee (nespresso capsules), tea, sugar, portuguese pastries, cheese, olives, salt & pepper, olive oil/vinegar, guest soaps & lavatory paper, plus essential cleaning products such as washing up liquid, washing machine & dishwasher detergents). Household linen provided per guest: bottom sheet, pillow & pillowcase, duvet & cover, bath & hand towel. Extra cleaning/linen changes on request/extra charge.
Book a ½ day “Made in Portugal Tour” or a “Vintage Portuguese Jeep Tour” of the city and its surrounds & get to know the real Lisbon!
Available for short stays (minimum 3 nights) or longer breaks; flexible change-over days; check-in after 4 pm & check-out by 10 am (earlier check-in or later check-out may be possible, please check with us first); the apartment is equipped with entry phone, double-glazed windows, flat screen cable TV (100+ channels including CNN, Sky News, BBC World News), wifi internet, electric water heater, iron & ironing board, washing machine & dishwasher, gas oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, Nespresso coffee machine, gas kettle, toaster & hair dryer; 1 double bed (1,40 x 2,00 metres) plus 4 single beds (0,90 x 2,00 metes); fans & oil heaters on request; safety items available (fire extinguisher, fire blanket, smoke/carbon dioxide detector, first aid kit & emergency numbers); no parties & no pets allowed; this is a non-smoking property, it is requested that smokers use the balcony or terrace only; street parking only.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Short train ride from Cais do Sodre|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Taxi / Bus / Metro 20 km, Nearest railway: Oriente or Santa Apolonia|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (4), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
About this location
The Estremadura region
City of bright daylight and vibrant nightlife, Lisbon is full of places to explore and stories to enchant those who visit. The quaint neighbourhood of Santos has a good selection of eateries and the Museu de Arte Antiga is only a few minutes away. Located within walking distance, Cais do Sodré has a regular train service along the riverside taking you all the way to the beaches and resorts of Carcavelos, Estoril and Cascais or, you can cross the river on the ferry for a lunch with Lisbon views.
The owners of this apartment can also organise a ½ day “Made in Portugal Tour” so that you can take some genuine Portuguese gifts home; or a “Vintage Portuguese Jeep Tour” in Lisbon and its surrounds – ask us about it...
And once the sightseeing is over, you can return to your private riverview terrace to enjoy a sun-downer drink, whilst enjoying the light fade over the surrounding rooftops and nearby river, and make plans for the next day explorations!
10 THINGS YOU MUST DO WHILST IN LISBON
• Take a ride on Tram 28 - Lisbon is a hilly city and cobblestone streets abound, thus trams and funiculars help to get people around, very especially up and down hills and are an indisputable pictorial part of the city. The vintage yellow “Electrico 28” offers the most interesting route crossing the city centre, going over through some of the oldest quarters and many touristic attractions
• Eat grilled sardines – look out for an outdoor eatery in a sunny spot with a sardines sizzling on a grill next to it, sit down and order
• Amble around the Feira da Ladra - no trip to Lisbon is complete without a visit to this in-famous open-air flee market
• Drink a Ginginha – this strong cherry brandy typical of Lisbon is served in a small glass with an alcohol soaked cherry at the bottom and the place to sample such a beverage is at “A Ginginha” hole-in-the-wall bar next to the Dona Maria Theatre, where curious tourists and drunk old men mix to enjoy this legendary drink!
• Visit the Igreja de Santo António (Lisbon's patron saint) and the epicentre of Lisbon June's festivities
• Listen to some Fado - Portugal's national song is mournful, sad and accompanied by guitars but quite an experience
• Get lost in Alfama - step into this medieval maze of alleys and crumbling houses and you wont escape getting lost for a couple of hours of indulgent sight seeing
• Visit the Coach Museum - located in the Belém district, it has one of the finest collections of historical carriages in the work. Full info www.museudoscoches.pt
• Check out the beaches near the Portuguese capital - catching a train from Lisbon (Cais do Sodré station) to Cascais on the west coast, is a picturesque way to do so. They run daily, departing every 15-20 minutes and take no more than ½ hour to reach its final destination, there are however quite a few stops with nice beaches before – just take your pick
• Explore Lisbon & its surrounds with a local rather than follow a guide book & learn a bit more about it, from a resident's point of view!
Cais do Sodré (train station to Carcavelos, Estoril & Cascais plus Bohemian night-out area) – 25 mins walk
Bairro Alto (trendy shops, restaurants & bars open till late) – 20 mins walk
Chiado (shopping district) & Praça do Comercio – 25 mins walk
Belém (historic and discoveries quarter) – 7 kms
Santa Apolonia Station (incoming trains from Spain & north/south of Portugal) - 5 kms
Oriente Station & Expo Site (incoming trains from Spain & north/south of Portugal, concerts and events venue) – 15 kms
Lisbon Airport – 20 km
Estoril & Cascais beaches – 26 kms
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
30 Oct 2014
"A lovely apartment in a charming area"
The apartment was exactly as we'd hoped it would be - particularly the roof terrace which has great views over the river. It is set over the top two floors of an old building on a charming quiet … More
You're booking with
Mandy de Azevedo C.
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Mar 2015
Based in Portugal