from £56 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £56 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Log cabin / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Availability Your dates are available
Log cabin / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Tim and Katie would like to offer you a warm welcome to their beautiful pine lodges (4*/4*gold), which are situated on part of their farm in the quiet village of Stainfield, 8 miles east of the City of Lincoln.
A peaceful, rural retreat. Once you arrive you can sit back, relax and forget all the stresses and strains of everyday life. Enjoy the peaceful, spacious surroundings, take a leisurely stroll around one of our farm walks, you might like to enjoy some great fishing in the lake (coarse fish), or borrow one of our outdoor games such as croquet or boules.
Things to visit whilst staying at Rural Roosts...
Historic city of Lincoln (Beautiful Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking way
Lincolnshire Coastline (Sandy beaches)
Farm Parks / Falconry Centre....
...the list goes on!
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Family friendly||Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors|
Swan Lodge has a decked ramp leading to the entrance door.
Inside the lodge you will find a hallway leading to the main living area (open plan) which has a well equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, dining table, chairs and spacious lounge with comfortable settees.
French doors open from the lounge to a covered decked area overlooking the lake, ideal for outdoor dining and relaxation. Just a step down from the decking you will step into your own private hot-tub!
The hall way also leads to a beautiful king-size bedroom, a bathroom which has a power shower over the bath, a sink and toilet.
There is a washing machine and ironing facilities in the boiler room within the lodge.
Swan Lodge has room for parking for 2 cars.
Wooden flooring throughout.
|Further details outdoors|
Rural Roosts is part of Manor Farm, located in the quiet village of Stainfield, about 8 miles east of the city of Lincoln. Rural Roosts is nestled in the middle of a 300 acre, beautiful grassland farm grazed by sheep, lambs, a couple of donkeys and Rosie the pony! The farm also features wild flower meadows, wetlands and wildlife in abundance (a bird watchers paradise!).
There are two fishing lakes, should you wish to fish!....one on your doorstep, and another withing walking distance from the lodges. Both lakes are for sole use of guests staying at Rural Roosts.
The area is superb for walking and cycling whatever your level of fitness. You can enjoy the fine countryside and fabulous views, there are farm walks from your door, with a view point to Lincoln Catherdral, plus many longer walks / rides around the quiet country roads in the surrounding area.
The location is ideal for touring and exploring with many attractions and places of interest in close proximity. Just a ten minute journey will bring you to the city of Lincoln with its magnificent Cathedral, Castle and a great shopping / dining experience, a further 30 minutes will take you to the coast where some excellent walking can be had and days on the beach can be spent with the family.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The property is hired strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only by the hirer. The hirer must ensure that the property is fully vacated by 10am on the last day of the booking failing which the hirer will be liable for any costs or damages incurred for late vacation of the property.
2. No contract shall exist until a signed booking form and deposit per week of £100.00 has been received by us. Reservations will be held for up to seven days pending receipt of a booking form, and payment of the deposit.
3. Payment is only accepted by sterling cheque (made payable to Rural Roosts), credit card or bank credit to our bank account - bank details will be supplied upon request. *Guests paying deposit and balance by BACs or cheque must give credit/debit card details when paying final balance to hold as a security deposit.
4. The full balance of the total amount is payable not later than four weeks before arrival date and if not paid, we reserve the right to cancel the booking or claim payment in full under paragraph 4.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer must advise us immediately, whereupon we will, without prejudice to our rights to the balance in full, use our best endeavours to re-hire. If re-hiring is possible the deposit less our administrative cost, will be returned. To avoid cancellation losses, we advise hirers to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
6. Hirings unless otherwise agreed, are on a weekly basis and commence from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. (Unless otherwise agreed beforehand)
7. The number of people allowed to occupy the property is limited to the number of beds provided. The amount of people due to stay in the lodge must be stated on the booking form. If you wish to have guests visiting for the day this must be agreed prior to your stay. Please contact us with details.
8. The hirer is expected to leave the lodge in the same good condition as on arrival and will be responsible for the cost of replacing any loss, damage or breakages. The hirer is also liable for the cost of any damage to the property or loss or damage to any of the contents.
9. We reserve the right at all times to enter the property, inspect and carry out necessary repairs. We are entitled to refuse to hand over to you, or repossess the accommodation if we reasonably believe that damage is likely to be caused / has been caused - this circumstance will be treated as a cancellation by you, the hirer.
10. The hirer must ensure that only reasonable amounts of electricity, gas and water are consumed.
11. The hirer must not carry out any hazardous or other activity in or around the property of which any policy of insurance affected by us may become void or voidable or as a result of which the rate of premium on any such policy could be increased.
12. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties must notify us prior to booking, we reserve the right to refuse a booking (Safety deposits will be required for group bookings).
1. PLEASE NOTE : The lodges have a NO SMOKING policy
2. Next 3 points apply only to hirers bringing dogs (this must be approved and paid for at time of booking).
13. When outside at Rural Roosts or on the Manor Farm premises, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
14. Dogs must not be allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms - the hirer will be responsible for any damage or cost due to necessary additional cleaning caused by unsociable dog behaviour.
15. Dogs must not be left in the lodges unattended at any time.
PLEASE SEE HOT TUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS (BARN OWL COTTAGE, SWAN, BADGER & LITTLE OWL LODGES).
HOT TUB USE (Barn Owl Cottage, Swan, Little Owl and Badger Lodges)
You and your party are reminded that you are responsible for your own safety whilst using the hot-tub. All reasonable care must be taken and all rules/conditions of hire must be obeyed. Failure to observe these rules may result in the hot-tub being closed immediately for safety reasons. Every effort will be made to keep the hot-tub open at all times however, as it takes 24 hours to change and reheat the water there may be occasion when it has to be closed due to maintenance.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE - HOT-TUB AGREEMENT AT RURAL ROOSTS
1. Any guests with health concerns MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tubs. Particularly persons suffering from diabetes, obesity, heart disease and cardiovascular conditions, low/high blood pressure, circulatory problems and so on.
2. Any guests using medication MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tubs, particularly medicines that are likely to cause drowsiness, affect heart rate, circulation or blood pressure.
3. Guests taking medication that can cause drowsiness (such as tranquillisers, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines and so on) MUST NOT use our hot-tubs.
4. Pregnant women are advised not to use hot-tubs for their own safety as well as that of their baby.
5. Any guest using our hot-tubs with conditions mentioned in terms 1-4 does so at their own risk. Rural Roosts will NOT accept any liability for any illness or injury sustained during use against this advice. If in any doubt, guests should consult their GP prior to use.
6. Children using the hot-tub must be over 10 years of age and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
7. DO NOT PUT BUBBLE BATH, WASHING-UP LIQUID, SOAP OR ANY OTHER CHEMICALS IN THE HOT-TUB. THIS MAY RESULT IN A CHEMICAL REACTION THAT COULD CAUSE HARM TO USERS.
8. Please be aware that the decking surrounding the hot-tubs can become slippery when wet, due care and attention is advised. Rural Roosts will accept no liability for any slips, trips or falls due to the aforementioned conditions. Also, please do not jump into or out of the hot-tub.
9. Guests put NOT eat, smoke or consume alcohol whilst in the hot-tub.
10. Guests MUST NOT use glass in or around the hot-tub; plastic, shatterproof “glasses” are provided should you wish a drink outside.
11. Do NOT use any electrical equipment in or around the hot-tub, including mobile telephones. An exclusion zone of five feet is advised.
12. Before use, please carefully remove the hot-tub cover and replace it after use as per instructions provided in your cabin.
13. Guests using hot-tubs MUST bathe or shower prior to use. This prevents any foreign particles or chemicals (such as deodorants or body lotions) entering the hot-tub that could upset the water chemistry. Guests also agree to ensure that NO foreign materials enter the hot-tub (such as grass and soil); this ensures that the hot-tub will be enjoyable and achieve maximum performance.
14. The hot-tubs are preset to the optimal temperature of 37C. Guests may find that this fluctuates slightly during periods of very warm/cold weather. Should the temperature rise above 37.5C it is recommended that guests do not spend more than 15mins in the hot-tub at any one time.
15. Guests MUST ALWAYS check the water temperature prior to using the hot-tubs, especially when children are in the party. Chemical checks and water maintenance will be carried out daily during your stay by a member of the Rural Roosts team.
16. Guests MUST NOT allow the hot-tub water level to fall to an inch above the uppermost jets; this can damage the pump. If there is cause for concern, please contact a member of staff on the telephone numbers provided.
17. Please do not over load the hot-tub; this may cause damage for which guests would be liable. Maximum occupancy is eight people for Barn Owl Cottage hot-tub and four people for Swan Lodge hot-tub.
18. Any damage cause by misuse or non-compliance with the conditions of hire WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE BOOKING FORM SIGNATORY.
19. Guests will read and abide by these conditions and those stated in the “Instructions for Hot-Tub Use” provided in their cabin. If anything is unclear or there is cause for concern, guests should contact a member of the Rural Roosts team immediately on the numbers provided.
20. The BOOKING FORM SIGNATORY agrees to indemnify Rural Roosts from all liabilities incurred whilst using our hot-tubs during their stay.
About this location
The Lincolnshire region
Fantasic historic houses / castles and museums
Many great family days out in the surrounding area
City of Lincoln (Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops / Restaurants)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking Way
Farm parks / Falconry centre
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
6 Mar 2015
"Everything to perfection and pure beauty everywhere"
Had a brilliant first time here arrived 3.15pm 2nd March 2015 booked again the very next day for another stay in August absolutely stunning views where amazing and the fishing was brilliant definitely… More
23 Feb 2015
My wife and I stayed for 2 night stay recently and have to say it's the first time we've done a hot tub weekend and will definitely be doing it again..Rural roosts is a beautiful place in a… More
9 Feb 2015
Such a quiet relaxing place! Full of wildlife and unspoilt country side. Swan lodge is 5* with comfortable bed and sofas. Our dog Spartacus the boxer loved it and the walk around the reservoir where h… More
3 Jan 2015
This is our third visit and we are never disappointed. The facilities are beautifully maintained and clean. Dog friendly, child friendly and fishing facilities outside your patio door. The essentials … More
8 Dec 2014
Had a wonderful time.. The extra touches make all the difference, lemon drizzle cake and even a Christmas tree. We've stayed in many lodges throughout the uk and these are by far the best.… More
29 Nov 2014
We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The lodge is immaculate and tastefully furnished. A lovely welcome pack is there for you on arrival. Lincoln is easy to get to and a lovely city to visit. … More
15 Nov 2014
From arrival to departure the experience was fantastic. The accommodation was first class and the welcome pack (tea, coffee, milk etc.) was a lovely touch, forgot to mention the delicious lemon drizz… More
7 Nov 2014
We stayed in swan lodge.A very well equipped, clean and modern looking lodge.A very unusual but nice touch is how many things are there for you when you arrive, fruit, bread, milk, lemon cake, butter … More
27 Oct 2014
"Home from home in a relaxing setting."
Swan lodge was truly amazing and just perfect for myself and the wife, relaxing under the stars at night in the hot tub no better way to spend a romantic weekend away. My wife was blown away with this… More
15 Oct 2014
Stayed here friday till monday in Swan lodge! It was absolutely amazing from the minute we pulled up to Rural roosts! The lodge was spotless, everything you needed was there provided. The hot tub was … More
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:23 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom