Barn Owl Cottage
About the home
Barn Owl Cottage has an enclosed gravel driveway for secure parking. Inside you will find a spacious well equipped kitchen leading through to a very large open plan dining and lounge area. This property is suitable for families of 5 but also lends itself very well to larger groups wishing to take several properties at Rural Roosts and being able to congrigate together in Barn Owl Cottage to dine and socialise. Upstairs you will find a king-size bedroom with walk in wardrobe, a spacious triple bedroom and a pretty bathroom consisting of a shower over the bath, sink and loo.
There is an enclosed private decked area at the back of the property with hot-tub and outside dining furniture.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 10|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, Private fishing lake / river|
Further details outdoors:
Rural Roosts is part of Manor Farm, located in the quiet village of Stainfield, about 8 miles east of the city of Lincoln. Rural Roosts is nestled in the middle of a 300 acre, beautiful grassland farm grazed by sheep, lambs, a couple of donkeys and Rosie the pony! The farm also features wild flower meadows, wetlands and wildlife in abundance (a bird watchers paradise!).
The area is superb for walking and cycling whatever your level of fitness. You can enjoy the fine countryside and fabulous views, there are farm walks from your door, with a view point to Lincoln Catherdral, plus many longer walks / rides around the quiet country roads in the surrounding area.
The location is ideal for touring and exploring with many attractions and places of interest in close proximity. Just a ten minute journey will bring you to the city of Lincoln with its magnificent Cathedral, Castle and a great shopping / dining experience, a further 30 minutes will take you to the coast where some excellent walking can be had and days on the beach can be spent with the family.
Manor Farm Holiday Lodges, Stainfield, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire LN8 5JJ
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The property is hired strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only by the hirer. The hirer must ensure that the property is fully vacated by 10am on the last day of the booking failing which the hirer will be liable for any costs or damages incurred for late vacation of the property.
2. No contract shall exist until a signed booking form and deposit per week of £100.00 has been received by us. Reservations will be held for up to seven days pending receipt of a booking form, and payment of the deposit.
3. Payment is only accepted by sterling cheque (made payable to Rural Roosts), credit card or bank credit to our bank account - bank details will be supplied upon request.
4. The full balance of the total amount is payable not later than four weeks before arrival date and if not paid, we reserve the right to cancel the booking or claim payment in full under paragraph 4.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer must advise us immediately, whereupon we will, without prejudice to our rights to the balance in full, use our best endeavours to re-hire. If re-hiring is possible the deposit less our administrative cost, will be returned. To avoid cancellation losses, we advise hirers to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
6. Hirings unless otherwise agreed, are on a weekly basis and commence from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. (Unless otherwise agreed beforehand)
7. The number of people allowed to occupy the property is limited to the number of beds provided. The amount of people due to stay in the lodge must be stated on the booking form.
8. The hirer is expected to leave the lodge in the same good condition as on arrival and will be responsible for the cost of replacing any loss, damage or breakages. The hirer is also liable for the cost of any damage to the property or loss or damage to any of the contents.
9. We reserve the right at all times to enter the property, inspect and carry out necessary repairs. We are entitled to refuse to hand over to you, or repossess the accommodation if we reasonably believe that damage is likely to be caused / has been caused - this circumstance will be treated as a cancellation by you, the hirer.
10. The hirer must ensure that only reasonable amounts of electricity, gas and water are consumed.
11. The hirer must not carry out any hazardous or other activity in or around the property of which any policy of insurance affected by us may become void or voidable or as a result of which the rate of premium on any such policy could be increased.
12. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties must notify us prior to booking, we reserve the right to refuse a booking (Safety deposits may be required).
PLEASE NOTE : The lodges have a NO SMOKING policy
Next 3 points apply only to hirers bringing dogs (this must be approved and paid for at time of booking).
13. When outside at Rural Roosts or on the Manor Farm premises, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
14. Dogs must not be allowed on furniture / beds - the hirer will be responsible for any damage or cost due to necessary additional cleaning caused by unsociable dog behaviour.
15. Dogs must not be left in the lodges unattended at any time.
The Heart of England / Peak District / Lincolnshire region
Fantasic historic houses / castles and museums
Many great family days out in the surrounding area
The Lincoln area
City of Lincoln (Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops / Restaurants)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking Way
Farm parks / Falconry centre
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Humberside (45 minute car journey)
East Midlands (90 minute car journey)
Doncaster Robin Hood (90 minute car journey)
Nearest tran station:
Lincoln Central (20 minute car journey)
Newark Northgate (40 minute car journey)
Local Taxi companies:
kaliz cabs: 01526 399561 / 07947 128415
discount cabs: 01522 800800
From the south - Take the A46 northern ring road around Lincoln. At the last roundabout turn left onto the A158 towards Skegness. When coming out of the village of Langworth take the first turning right towards Newball, Stainfield and Bardney. In Stainfield take the turning up the lane 2nd on the right past the red telephone box (on your right) - small green Rural Roosts sign (shown on the zoomed-in map to the right).
From the north - From the M180 junction 4 take the A15 south towards Lincoln. At the roundabout for the A46 ring road turn left and follow the instructions as above.
Activities near Lincoln
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
06 May 2013
After following the directions given by Katie it was easy to find Rural Roosts. When you first turn to come up the drive the setting is just the start of this fantastic place. Clearly signed from the road and signs on site are fool proof. The first property you see is Barn Owl Cottage and it stands beautifully with its own gated entrance which is great for us having a dog. Very private with a decked area with the most relaxing hot tub we've ever used. More than enough space for 3 cars and the inside is like a tardis. Seclusion, peace, quiet and wildlife are to be enjoyed in abundance. If our batteries were on empty when we arrived they were certainly fully charged when we left. My husband fished and thoroughly enjoyed the lake at the front of the cottage catching carp, bream and roach. We tried a few of the recommended farm shops which were a reasonable drive out and not disappointing. This is definately the jewel in the crown of self catering properties we have stayed in over the years and can't wait to return yet again! Keep up the very high standards you have acheived and you won't go far wrong. Well done all at Rural Roosts.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|4 Jul 12||20 Jul 12||£ 665||-||-||3 Nights|
|20 Jul 12||3 Sep 12||£ 850||-||-||3 Nights|
|3 Sep 12||1 Oct 12||£ 675||-||-||3 Nights|
|1 Oct 12||26 Oct 12||£ 550||-||-||3 Nights|
|26 Oct 12||5 Nov 12||£ 620||-||-||3 Nights|
|5 Nov 12||21 Dec 12||£ 460||-||-||3 Nights|
|21 Dec 12||28 Dec 12||£ 750||-||-||1 Week|
|28 Dec 12||4 Jan 13||£ 860||-||-||3 Nights|
|4 Jan 13||15 Feb 13||£ 430||£ 105||£ 105||3 Nights|
|15 Feb 13||25 Feb 13||£ 515||£ 124||£ 124||3 Nights|
|25 Feb 13||29 Mar 13||£ 430||£ 105||£ 105||3 Nights|
|29 Mar 13||15 Apr 13||£ 675||£ 164||£ 164||3 Nights|
|15 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 590||£ 142||£ 142||3 Nights|
|24 May 13||3 Jun 13||£ 750||£ 180||£ 180||3 Nights|
|3 Jun 13||22 Jul 13||£ 635||£ 154||£ 154||3 Nights|
|22 Jul 13||2 Sep 13||£ 860||£ 195||£ 195||3 Nights|
|2 Sep 13||30 Sep 13||£ 690||£ 165||£ 165||3 Nights|
|30 Sep 13||18 Oct 13||£ 530||£ 127||£ 127||3 Nights|
|18 Oct 13||28 Oct 13||£ 615||£ 147||£ 147||3 Nights|
|28 Oct 13||20 Dec 13||£ 430||£ 104||£ 104||3 Nights|
|20 Dec 13||27 Dec 13||£ 795||-||-||1 Week|
|27 Dec 13||3 Jan 14||£ 860||£ 195||£ 195||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Dogs charged at £15/dogEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2006. This cottage has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Lapwing Lodge in Lincoln, England
Tawny Lodge in Lincoln, England
Kingfisher Lodge in Lincoln, England
Holiday accommodation in England (21,123)