Log cabin | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Tim and Katie would like to offer you a warm welcome to their beautiful pine lodges, which are situated on part of their farm in the quiet village of Stainfield, 8 miles east of the City of Lincoln.
A peaceful, rural retreat. Once you arrive you can sit back, relax and forget all the stresses and strains of everyday life. Enjoy the peaceful, spacious surroundings, take a leisurely stroll around one of our farm walks, you might like to enjoy some great fishing in the lake (coarse fish), or borrow one of our outdoor games such as croquet or boules.
Things to visit whilst staying at Rural Roosts...
Historic city of Lincoln (Beautiful Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking way
Lincolnshire Coastline (Sandy beaches)
Farm Parks / Falconry Centre....
...the list goes on!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors|
The luxury self-catering pine lodges, constructed from Scandinavian pine, harvested from environmentally managed forests, surround a tranquil fishing lake, well stocked with coarse fish which residing guests are welcome to try their hand at catching! Accommodation consists of 6 purpose-built pine lodges. Designed to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant, all have been constructed to a high standard and sleep 4 and 6 people in double and twin bedded rooms. They also include spacious living areas and are fully equipped with large decked verandas which overlook the lake and are perfect for dining alfresco during the warmer months. Upon arrival guests are greeted with a welcome basket and a scrumptious homemade cake!
|Further details outdoors|
Fishing included in price
Farm walks from your door
Childrens woodland playarea
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The property is hired strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only by the hirer. The hirer must ensure that the property is fully vacated by 10am on the last day of the booking failing which the hirer will be liable for any costs or damages incurred for late vacation of the property.
2. No contract shall exist until a signed booking form and deposit per week of £100.00 has been received by us. Reservations will be held for up to seven days pending receipt of a booking form, and payment of the deposit.
3. Payment is only accepted by sterling cheque (made payable to Rural Roosts), credit card or bank credit to our bank account - bank details will be supplied upon request.
4. The full balance of the total amount is payable not later than four weeks before arrival date and if not paid, we reserve the right to cancel the booking or claim payment in full under paragraph 4.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer must advise us immediately, whereupon we will, without prejudice to our rights to the balance in full, use our best endeavours to re-hire. If re-hiring is possible the deposit less our administrative cost, will be returned. To avoid cancellation losses, we advise hirers to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
6. Hirings unless otherwise agreed, are on a weekly basis and commence from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. (Unless otherwise agreed beforehand)
7. The number of people allowed to occupy the property is limited to the number of beds provided. The amount of people due to stay in the lodge must be stated on the booking form.
8. The hirer is expected to leave the lodge in the same good condition as on arrival and will be responsible for the cost of replacing any loss, damage or breakages. The hirer is also liable for the cost of any damage to the property or loss or damage to any of the contents.
9. We reserve the right at all times to enter the property, inspect and carry out necessary repairs. We are entitled to refuse to hand over to you, or repossess the accommodation if we reasonably believe that damage is likely to be caused / has been caused - this circumstance will be treated as a cancellation by you, the hirer.
10. The hirer must ensure that only reasonable amounts of electricity, gas and water are consumed.
11. The hirer must not carry out any hazardous or other activity in or around the property of which any policy of insurance affected by us may become void or voidable or as a result of which the rate of premium on any such policy could be increased.
12. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties must notify us prior to booking, we reserve the right to refuse a booking (Safety deposits will be required for group bookings).
1. PLEASE NOTE : The lodges have a NO SMOKING policy
2. Next 3 points apply only to hirers bringing dogs (this must be approved and paid for at time of booking).
13. When outside at Rural Roosts or on the Manor Farm premises, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
14. Dogs must not be allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms - the hirer will be responsible for any damage or cost due to necessary additional cleaning caused by unsociable dog behaviour.
15. Dogs must not be left in the lodges unattended at any time.
PLEASE SEE HOT TUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS (BARN OWL COTTAGE, SWAN, BADGER & LITTLE OWL LODGES).
HOT TUB USE (Barn Owl Cottage, Swan, Little Owl and Badger Lodges)
You and your party are reminded that you are responsible for your own safety whilst using the hot-tub. All reasonable care must be taken and all rules/conditions of hire must be obeyed. Failure to observe these rules may result in the hot-tub being closed immediately for safety reasons. Every effort will be made to keep the hot-tub open at all times however, as it takes 24 hours to change and reheat the water there may be occasion when it has to be closed due to maintenance.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE - HOT-TUB AGREEMENT AT RURAL ROOSTS
1. Any guests with health concerns MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tubs. Particularly persons suffering from diabetes, obesity, heart disease and cardiovascular conditions, low/high blood pressure, circulatory problems and so on.
2. Any guests using medication MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tubs, particularly medicines that are likely to cause drowsiness, affect heart rate, circulation or blood pressure.
3. Guests taking medication that can cause drowsiness (such as tranquillisers, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines and so on) MUST NOT use our hot-tubs.
4. Pregnant women are advised not to use hot-tubs for their own safety as well as that of their baby.
5. Any guest using our hot-tubs with conditions mentioned in terms 1-4 does so at their own risk. Rural Roosts will NOT accept any liability for any illness or injury sustained during use against this advice. If in any doubt, guests should consult their GP prior to use.
6. Children using the hot-tub must be over 10 years of age and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
7. DO NOT PUT BUBBLE BATH, WASHING-UP LIQUID, SOAP OR ANY OTHER CHEMICALS IN THE HOT-TUB. THIS MAY RESULT IN A CHEMICAL REACTION THAT COULD CAUSE HARM TO USERS.
8. Please be aware that the decking surrounding the hot-tubs can become slippery when wet, due care and attention is advised. Rural Roosts will accept no liability for any slips, trips or falls due to the aforementioned conditions. Also, please do not jump into or out of the hot-tub.
9. Guests put NOT eat, smoke or consume alcohol whilst in the hot-tub.
10. Guests MUST NOT use glass in or around the hot-tub; plastic, shatterproof “glasses” are provided should you wish a drink outside.
11. Do NOT use any electrical equipment in or around the hot-tub, including mobile telephones. An exclusion zone of five feet is advised.
12. Before use, please carefully remove the hot-tub cover and replace it after use as per instructions provided in your cabin.
13. Guests using hot-tubs MUST bathe or shower prior to use. This prevents any foreign particles or chemicals (such as deodorants or body lotions) entering the hot-tub that could upset the water chemistry. Guests also agree to ensure that NO foreign materials enter the hot-tub (such as grass and soil); this ensures that the hot-tub will be enjoyable and achieve maximum performance.
14. The hot-tubs are preset to the optimal temperature of 37C. Guests may find that this fluctuates slightly during periods of very warm/cold weather. Should the temperature rise above 37.5C it is recommended that guests do not spend more than 15mins in the hot-tub at any one time.
15. Guests MUST ALWAYS check the water temperature prior to using the hot-tubs, especially when children are in the party. Chemical checks and water maintenance will be carried out daily during your stay by a member of the Rural Roosts team.
16. Guests MUST NOT allow the hot-tub water level to fall to an inch above the uppermost jets; this can damage the pump. If there is cause for concern, please contact a member of staff on the telephone numbers provided.
17. Please do not over load the hot-tub; this may cause damage for which guests would be liable. Maximum occupancy is eight people for Barn Owl Cottage hot-tub and four people for Swan Lodge hot-tub.
18. Any damage cause by misuse or non-compliance with the conditions of hire WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE BOOKING FORM SIGNATORY.
19. Guests will read and abide by these conditions and those stated in the “Instructions for Hot-Tub Use” provided in their cabin. If anything is unclear or there is cause for concern, guests should contact a member of the Rural Roosts team immediately on the numbers provided.
20. The BOOKING FORM SIGNATORY agrees to indemnify Rural Roosts from all liabilities incurred whilst using our hot-tubs during their stay.
The Heart of England/Peak District
Fantasic historic houses / castles and museums
Many great family days out in the surrounding area
City of Lincoln (Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops / Restaurants)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking Way
Farm parks / Falconry centre
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
29 Jul 2014
"Lovely quiet child friendly place to stay; highly recommended."
Excellent accommodation in pretty waterside location. Ample children's play area. Great spot for access to Lincoln. Lots of useful local information available in the cabins.… More
19 Jul 2014
"5 star + amazing lodges, beautiful setting over looking the lake."
5th time in the teal lodge at rural,roosts, we love it here the lodges are very spacious ,well equipped, and exceptionally clean.Katie and Tim are very welcoming nothing is to much trouble for them,T… More
9 Jul 2014
"Fabulous Place to Stay"
Stayed at Rural Roosts and really enjoyed it was so peaceful. We stayed in Lapwing Lodge everything you could want and more, even had a Lemon Drizzle cake. The Lodge was immaculately clean and ever… More
2 Jun 2014
Have stayed here many times over the last six years. The lodges are extremely clean and there is everything you could ever need, if not i'm sure Katie would be more than happy to get it for you! … More
21 Apr 2014
Stayed for Easter with friends, fishing was good and kept the husbands entertained. We did an 8 mile bike ride in less than an hour and should have made the route longer as the roads were very pleasa… More
14 Apr 2014
"Beautiful lodge on lovely quiet farm"
Stayed with three generation of the family, plus toddler and dog. The lodges are beautiful with lovely welcome pack of fruit, tea, coffee etc and most delicious lemon drizzle cake. Lots of lovely wa… More
3 Jan 2014
"Perfect getaway for a quiet relaxing time with family"
We had read all the reviews on rural roosts, so we expected something nice, but no review or photo can do the accommodation and its location full justice. It is perfect for a quiet getaway and our only worry was that the place wouldn't feel 'Christmassy' enough. We shouldn't have worried, we arrived to a fully decorated 6ft Christmas tree in the lounge. We stayed in the lapwing lodge and I cannot rate the accommodation highly enough. There was plenty of room for the 6 of us that stayed there and every home provision was catered for. We went on some great walks with the dogs and came home totally relaxed. Would really like to experience the place in Spring or Summer also, we might catch some fish then too!!! Thank you Katie for a lovely break.
2 Nov 2013
"Relaxing, peaceful, friendly"
Great service, peaceful site, spacious accommodation with everything we needed.Welcome pack on arrival was a treat, especially the lemon drizzle cake which was the best I've ever had!Good coarse … More
8 Aug 2013
"Fabulous relaxing holiday in luxury accommodation and beautiful surroundings"
Have been to Rural Roosts several times and stayed in Lapwing, Teal and Kingfisher with various members of the family. Always had a great time. Made very welcome by Tim and Katie - nothing is too much bother. Lovely to have a welcome pack and lemon drizzle cake. Fishing at the lake and reservoir have always been a great success. Lots of interesting places to visit locally. Great to see the wildlife and farm life. Will be visiting again in October (our third visit in 2013).
22 Jun 2013
"Fantastic Accommodation, Relaxing environment and beautiful surroundings"
We have been visiting Rural Roosts each year since 2007 and it just gets better each time we visit! Katie and Tim make you feel most welcome and each cabin is well equipped to individual needs. It's really is home from home. We arrived home yesterday and are already discussing our return for next year! If you looking for 5* accommodation set within idyllic surroundings then Rural Roosts is perfect for you. We have visited as a couple and with our family's including nan and my sisters toddlers and their really is no better place for family's to relax together and just chill out....
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:25 Apr 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 77 properties
- 53 properties
- 50 properties
- 47 properties
- 38 properties
- 30 properties
- 27 properties
- 22 properties
- Market Rasen
- 19 properties
- Sherwood Forest
- 15 properties
- Boston, Lincolnshire
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Melton Mowbray
- 6 properties
- 6 properties