About the home
Tim and Katie would like to offer you a warm welcome to their beautiful pine lodges, which are situated on part of their farm in the quiet village of Stainfield, 8 miles east of the City of Lincoln.
A peaceful, rural retreat. Once you arrive you can sit back, relax and forget all the stresses and strains of everyday life. Enjoy the peaceful, spacious surroundings, take a leisurely stroll around one of our farm walks, you might like to enjoy some great fishing in the lake (coarse fish), or borrow one of our outdoor games such as croquet or boules.
Things to visit whilst staying at Rural Roosts...
Historic city of Lincoln (Beautiful Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking way
Lincolnshire Coastline (Sandy beaches)
Farm Parks / Falconry Centre....
...the list goes on!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private fishing lake / river|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
The luxury self-catering pine lodges, constructed from Scandinavian pine, harvested from environmentally managed forests, surround a tranquil fishing lake, well stocked with coarse fish which residing guests are welcome to try their hand at catching! Accommodation consists of 6 purpose-built pine lodges. Designed to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant, all have been constructed to a high standard and sleep 4 and 6 people in double and twin bedded rooms. They also include spacious living areas and are fully equipped with large decked verandas which overlook the lake and are perfect for dining alfresco during the warmer months. Upon arrival guests are greeted with a welcome basket and a scrumptious homemade cake!
Further details outdoors:
Fishing included in price
Farm walks from your door
Childrens woodland playarea
Manor Farm Holiday Lodges, Stainfield, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire LN8 5JJ
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The property is hired strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only by the hirer. The hirer must ensure that the property is fully vacated by 10am on the last day of the booking failing which the hirer will be liable for any costs or damages incurred for late vacation of the property.
2. No contract shall exist until a signed booking form and deposit per week of £100.00 has been received by us. Reservations will be held for up to seven days pending receipt of a booking form, and payment of the deposit.
3. Payment is only accepted by sterling cheque (made payable to Rural Roosts), credit card or bank credit to our bank account - bank details will be supplied upon request.
4. The full balance of the total amount is payable not later than four weeks before arrival date and if not paid, we reserve the right to cancel the booking or claim payment in full under paragraph 4.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer must advise us immediately, whereupon we will, without prejudice to our rights to the balance in full, use our best endeavours to re-hire. If re-hiring is possible the deposit less our administrative cost, will be returned. To avoid cancellation losses, we advise hirers to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
6. Hirings unless otherwise agreed, are on a weekly basis and commence from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. (Unless otherwise agreed beforehand)
7. The number of people allowed to occupy the property is limited to the number of beds provided. The amount of people due to stay in the lodge must be stated on the booking form.
8. The hirer is expected to leave the lodge in the same good condition as on arrival and will be responsible for the cost of replacing any loss, damage or breakages. The hirer is also liable for the cost of any damage to the property or loss or damage to any of the contents.
9. We reserve the right at all times to enter the property, inspect and carry out necessary repairs. We are entitled to refuse to hand over to you, or repossess the accommodation if we reasonably believe that damage is likely to be caused / has been caused - this circumstance will be treated as a cancellation by you, the hirer.
10. The hirer must ensure that only reasonable amounts of electricity, gas and water are consumed.
11. The hirer must not carry out any hazardous or other activity in or around the property of which any policy of insurance affected by us may become void or voidable or as a result of which the rate of premium on any such policy could be increased.
12. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties must notify us prior to booking, we reserve the right to refuse a booking (Safety deposits may be required).
PLEASE NOTE : The lodges have a NO SMOKING policy
Next 3 points apply only to hirers bringing dogs (this must be approved and paid for at time of booking).
13. When outside at Rural Roosts or on the Manor Farm premises, dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
14. Dogs must not be allowed on furniture / beds - the hirer will be responsible for any damage or cost due to necessary additional cleaning caused by unsociable dog behaviour.
15. Dogs must not be left in the lodges unattended at any time.
The Heart of England / Peak District / Lincolnshire region
Fantasic historic houses / castles and museums
Many great family days out in the surrounding area
The Lincoln area
City of Lincoln (Cathedral / Castle / Theatre / Museums / Shops / Restaurants)
Antique hunters paradise
Walking in the Lincolnshire Wolds / Viking Way
Farm parks / Falconry centre
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Humberside (45 minute car journey)
East Midlands (90 minute car journey)
Doncaster Robin Hood (90 minute car journey)
Nearest tran station:
Lincoln Central (20 minute car journey)
Newark Northgate (40 minute car journey)
Local Taxi companies:
kaliz cabs: 01526 399561 / 07947 128415
discount cabs: 01522 800800
From the south - Take the A46 northern ring road around Lincoln. At the last roundabout turn left onto the A158 towards Skegness. When coming out of the village of Langworth take the first turning right towards Newball, Stainfield and Bardney. In Stainfield take the turning up the lane 2nd on the right past the red telephone box (on your right) - small green Rural Roosts sign (shown on the zoomed-in map to the right).
From the north - From the M180 junction 4 take the A15 south towards Lincoln. At the roundabout for the A46 ring road turn left and follow the instructions as above.
Activities near Lincoln
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
15 Jan 2013
First time we have ever gone away for Christmas, but won't be the last. We all had such a great time, from us oldies down to the little Grandchildren. The log cabin is lovely, very well equipped, very comfortable and very warm..we couldn't fault it..The owners, Katie and Tim, make you feel very welcome..and the welcome pack in the cabin is a lovely touch.
There were baby donkeys and lambs in the barn which you could walk up and see, it was a bit too cold for the fishing but we fished there in the summer and enjoyed it. Not too far into Lincoln, a lovely place to visit. We also went back to The Kinema in The Woods at Woodhall Spa..well worth visiting.. And Boxing Day we were on the beach at Skegness!
If you are looking for peace and quiet and a relaxing break, this is the place..can't wait to return.
13 Nov 2012
What a lovely setting these lodges have, very nicely positioned overlooking the fishing lake. The lodges are very nice, clean and comfortable. Nice position for visiting Lincoln. Plenty of walks around the farm and surrounding area.
06 Aug 2011
Badger lodge where we stayed was the best equipped holiday let we have ever had. It was ideally suited to a family with a toddler and to grandparents alike. The extra details such as tea,coffee and sugar together with the fruit and milk were especially welcome, as was the lemon cake!
It was in a peaceful setting within reach of many interesting places. A good place to come back to after a day out. Also there were not to many lodges/people so we all had plenty of space.
My only moan would be that dogs had to be on a lead everywhere. As a owner with a dog that love to run, it was a little difficult at times. I feel there could have been a field set aside where dogs could let off some steam.
We really love the wildlife about and it was a good place for bird watching.
with a disabled husband, I was very satisfied with the help given and with the space in the lodge for him to move about.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|6 Jan 12||10 Feb 12||£ 370||-||-||3 Nights|
|10 Feb 12||20 Feb 12||£ 440||-||-||3 Nights|
|20 Feb 12||30 Mar 12||£ 370||-||-||3 Nights|
|30 Mar 12||16 Apr 12||£ 565||-||-||3 Nights|
|16 Apr 12||1 Jun 12||£ 510||-||-||3 Nights|
|1 Jun 12||11 Jun 12||£ 645||-||-||3 Nights|
|11 Jun 12||20 Jul 12||£ 565||-||-||3 Nights|
|20 Jul 12||3 Sep 12||£ 725||-||-||3 Nights|
|3 Sep 12||1 Oct 12||£ 570||-||-||3 Nights|
|1 Oct 12||26 Oct 12||£ 450||-||-||3 Nights|
|26 Oct 12||5 Nov 12||£ 515||-||-||3 Nights|
|5 Nov 12||21 Dec 12||£ 360||-||-||3 Nights|
|21 Dec 12||28 Dec 12||£ 620||-||-||1 Week|
|28 Dec 12||4 Jan 13||£ 620||-||-||1 Week|
|4 Jan 13||15 Feb 13||£ 370||£ 89||£ 89||3 Nights|
|15 Feb 13||25 Feb 13||£ 450||£ 107||£ 107||3 Nights|
|25 Feb 13||29 Mar 13||£ 380||£ 90||£ 90||3 Nights|
|29 Mar 13||15 Apr 13||£ 580||£ 139||£ 139||3 Nights|
|15 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 525||£ 124||£ 124||3 Nights|
|24 May 13||3 Jun 13||£ 650||£ 154||£ 154||3 Nights|
|3 Jun 13||22 Jul 13||£ 570||£ 137||£ 137||3 Nights|
|22 Jul 13||2 Sep 13||£ 740||£ 165||£ 165||3 Nights|
|2 Sep 13||30 Sep 13||£ 570||£ 134||£ 134||3 Nights|
|30 Sep 13||18 Oct 13||£ 450||£ 109||£ 109||3 Nights|
|18 Oct 13||28 Oct 13||£ 525||£ 127||£ 127||3 Nights|
|28 Oct 13||20 Dec 13||£ 375||£ 90||£ 90||3 Nights|
|20 Dec 13||27 Dec 13||£ 675||-||-||1 Week|
|27 Dec 13||3 Jan 14||£ 725||£ 175||£ 175||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Short breaks: Monday - Friday or Friday - Monday
Weekly start days: Friday or Monday
Well behaved dogs very welcome at Rural Roosts at an additional charge of £15/ dog
Payment: Cheques or card payments (most major credit / debit cards accepted)Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Please call / e-mail for availability.
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2006. This log cabin has received 5 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Tawny Lodge in Lincoln, England
Kingfisher Lodge in Lincoln, England
Barn Owl Cottage in Lincoln, England
Holiday homes in England (20,934)